Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I love Texas, but I hate humidity

Liked Colorado, but it's turning blue from what I hear (this is as political as I'll get here, more I want to be around like minded people is all)

What state in Flyover country is mild in the summer and is Red? (Again, not gonna debate politics, just looking to see where)

Thanks in advance

Rogue
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
It's a good thing to be around people who are different from you

Don't poo poo a good location for it's politics
I'm not entirely, just want to not accidentally slip up and draw ire, I already confuse people as I'm an Italian guy with a backpack writing on his laptop in the Austin of NJ's coffee shops who drives a Ram

Last edited:

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Liked Colorado, but it's turning blue from what I hear (this is as political as I'll get here, more I want to be around like minded people is all)

What state in Flyover country is mild in the summer and is Red? (Again, not gonna debate politics, just looking to see where)

Thanks in advance

Rogue
Adding weather conditions, not much out there! That being said, I always liked TN and GA. I've lived in both states, twice. If you can stand about 6-weeks of too hot, in the summer, it's beautiful. The winter's are mild. Red/blue favors blue a little bit, but it's not like NJ, NY! I LOVE the area Farragut (Knoxville). Lakes, rivers, dining, and CHEAP to live... NO STATE TAX.

In GA, I've lived just north of Atlanta, in Lawrenceville. A bit pricier, a bit hotter about the same winters as Farragut. Red/Blue goes both ways.

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even the reddest (or bluest) states are going to be about a 60/40 split anyway. Pick based on climate if you want, but politics won't get the result you're looking for.

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be honest pretty much anywhere will be better than Jersey. Grew up there and lived there for 22 years. It has its pros but they are, IMO, severely outweighed by the cons. Carolinas are nice, as is TN, if proximity to cities/industry doesn't matter, I'd book it to Montana or Wyoming in a heartbeat.

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks in advance

Rogue
Wyoming or Utah

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Even the reddest (or bluest) states are going to be about a 60/40 split anyway. Pick based on climate if you want, but politics won't get the result you're looking for.
This. Moving from Ohio (major cities blue, but all else red) to California, I assumed California was blue, through-and-through. I was looking forward to this as a very open-minded (or "liberal" to the people that like blanket labels) person.

I was super surprised to find out California is WAY more red than anyone realizes.

I'm not here to talk politics or talk shit against anyone for their beliefs.

That said... man, the weather here is awesome. Never too hot. Never cold. Humidity rarely jumps over 50%. Coming from Ohio, where it can go from -40 to 120 in the same month, I get where you're coming from. If you can see it in your heart as a nature-lover, you cannot beat California. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I live in TN. It has one of the smallest state governments in the US. No state income tax (investment income tax is phasing out now). State sales tax is 7% and localities can levy up to 2.75% additional sales tax. However, car insurance is relatively cheap (minimal medical and other laws allow for it). There is no yearly use or property tax on your vehicles other than a wheel tax in a few cities (contrast that with KY and NC where you have to pay taxes on value every year). I live on the east side of TN. I'm less than an hour away from 4,000+ mountains, and two hours away from 6,000+ mountains. There's all sorts of outdoors stuff to do from North Georgia to Eastern KY.

Weather is milder in winter, but every now and again there's 8 inches of snow. Summers can be around 90-100 F a couple weeks out of the year. Humidity can be bad like the rest of the southeast. That's why I go to the 6,000+ mountain tops a lot.

Every major city is a liberal stronghold these days. If a city loses electricity or water for more than a few days, they're a cluster. I avoid cities most of the time. Work from home has made that a lot easier.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adding weather conditions, not much out there! That being said, I always liked TN and GA. I've lived in both states, twice. If you can stand about 6-weeks of too hot, in the summer, it's beautiful. The winter's are mild. Red/blue favors blue a little bit, but it's not like NJ, NY! I LOVE the area Farragut (Knoxville). Lakes, rivers, dining, and CHEAP to live... NO STATE TAX.

In GA, I've lived just north of Atlanta, in Lawrenceville. A bit pricier, a bit hotter about the same winters as Farragut. Red/Blue goes both ways.
I was in Chattanooga two summers ago, and liked it

Have to go visit again, seemed like a nice place (2wk Roadtrip from NM to Denver to there back to Dirty Jerzy)

Haven't been to GA, gotta check it out

Other thing is I'm avoiding cities, small town America where everyone knows everyone or is more rural is ideal for me

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All Italians are welcome in Tucson! Millions of people move here from the Midwest and East because of the weather. One of the driest climates in the world, but very hot in the summer. Sure beats the hell out of a Midwest winter (I'm ex-Chicago).

Jmgunn0124

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I live in KC area where it’s mostly red but even the blue are moderate generally. The people are fantastic here. Not far left or far right crazies for the most part.

That being said I would not live here if it wasn’t for having young children and both sets of families being here. I would much rather have beautiful scenery and things to do outdoors. Too hot here in the summer, too cold in the winter (for not being able to ski/board), and not much to look at, or things to do outside.

I would love to be in Utah, Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming at some point.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

Thanks in advance

Rogue
Sounds like Wyoming or Montana to me. That’s about all you got haha. Maybe Utah too. I love Colorado but even as a left leaning moderate, I find that it may be swinging far left. And I hate far any direction.
Sponsored