Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not involved in your politics, if I was I would be blue, but I love West Texas. It would be high on my list of places to live in the US.
Where to go in West Texas though is the next question
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where to go in West Texas though is the next question
The best part, I thought, was that you could live nowhere, West Texas. Just buy a tract of land in the middle of nowhere. I'd want to be close to PDC though to get some good mountain biking.

Though I suppose middle of nowhere is not much good for work.

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Depending on what you're doing while you're here, you can always move to the mountains in GA, where it's a little cooler in the summer.

Plenty of nice places in North Georgia.

Adding weather conditions, not much out there! That being said, I always liked TN and GA. I've lived in both states, twice. If you can stand about 6-weeks of too hot, in the summer, it's beautiful. The winter's are mild. Red/blue favors blue a little bit, but it's not like NJ, NY! I LOVE the area Farragut (Knoxville). Lakes, rivers, dining, and CHEAP to live... NO STATE TAX.

In GA, I've lived just north of Atlanta, in Lawrenceville. A bit pricier, a bit hotter about the same winters as Farragut. Red/Blue goes both ways.

MallCrawlinBranco

Badlands
First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can afford it I'd say come to Colorado. My only regret being here is not having bought a house right when I moved over. You've got the great sand dunes national park (check out medino primitive road, its what convinced me I need an offroad rig), rocky mountain, black canyon of the gunnison, forest service roads leading up to forested mesas with miles of camping where you wake up feeling like you're in a lost part of the world. You've got bunce school road for bounding around in, you've got boulder and its uniquely boulderyness. You've got independence pass (in the spring when there is snow will make you reconsider your belief in frost giants), the maroon bells which make a cell phone picture taking amateur feel like a professional photographer. There's 50+ 14,000 ft mountains, Cold and wet or cool and dry caves both near cities and in the alpine... And then from the bucket list: there's Ouray and its ice climbing festival, telluride skiing and the blue lakes, Steamboat springs with the bridgestone tire center (Snow driving lessons, but the advanced ones are essentially how to rally in the snow).

That being said the ever rising cost of living, inevitable march towards the California way of thinking that caused all the Californians to flee here, and increasing population density has me considering leaving to somewhere more Red, cheap, and solitary. But I cannot say that I won't miss it if I do and that I don't love every minute I am outdoors here.

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a tough question I find the good in all states. I grew up outside of Los Angeles, lived off and on in New Mexico which is now where I call home. I also lived in AZ, TX, NC, SC, DC, and several years across Europe, Middle East, Central and South America. Out of 40 countries I was able to have experiences I would never trade.

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just remember the grass is always greener on the other side. I currently live in a state that people love to complain about and say they want to leave but that’s all the metro areas. Once you get out from the cities the folk get friendlier and less congestion. I used to live down south and hated it so moved to IL and I love being here (other than the Chi politics)

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The best part, I thought, was that you could live nowhere, West Texas. Just buy a tract of land in the middle of nowhere. I'd want to be close to PDC though to get some good mountain biking.
Though I suppose middle of nowhere is not much good for work.
Sounds like a plan, I'd love to have land and take my Truck and Bronco and whatever else there

Just remember the grass is always greener on the other side. I currently live in a state that people love to complain about and say they want to leave but that’s all the metro areas. Once you get out from the cities the folk get friendlier and less congestion. I used to live down south and hated it so moved to IL and I love being here (other than the Chi politics)
I'm starting to notice that it's the cities that are the problems xD

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Grew up in TN. Miss it bad. But I LOVE living in Nevada. Hopefully going to retire back in TN though. Like other mentioned previously, TN has a whole lot to offer.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Off topic, but has anyone been to Mardi Gras? My artist and I are talking about it, and now it's on my bucket list for '22

Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like Idaho might be a good choice for the OP. Born and raised in Denver. Moved to Boise, Idaho 7 years ago. No way in hell could you get me to move back to Colorado unless it was the San Juans. Boise is like Denver 20ish years ago, Idaho just lacks some altitude other than its got everything Colorado does, or the neighbors do... Only downside is the summers are f'in hot in Boise/Treasure Valley, but winter's are tame in Boise.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sees like Idaho might be a good choice for the OP. Born and raised in Denver. Moved to Boise, Idaho 7 years ago. No way in hell could you get me to move back to Colorado unless it was the San Juans. Boise is like Denver 20ish years ago, Idaho just lacks some altitude other than its got everything Colorado does, or the neighbors do... Only downside is the summers are f'in hot in Boise/Treasure Valley, but winter's are tame in Boise.
Checking it out now... Well, I had no idea from the get go it basically near the west coasts, idky I always thought it was in the middle of the country.

Sounds like there's a place for me to visit soon as well, thanks IDyeti

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Checking it out now... Well, I had no idea from the get go it basically near the west coasts, idky I always thought it was in the middle of the country.

Sounds like there's a place for me to visit soon as well, thanks IDyeti
Potatoes not corn...there's a running joke we get confused for Iowa. But do yourself a favor and Google the Sawtooths...since your looking.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Potatoes not corn...there's a running joke we get confused for Iowa. But do yourself a favor and Google the Sawtooths...since your looking.
Yeah, you told me 5 years ago I'd put Idaho on my list of places to visit to see if I'd move, I'd be shocked.

Well, like time to figure out where to go first from here.

Can you overland there, definitely looks like somewhere I'd definitely visit

rotorwrench

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All Italians are welcome in Tucson! Millions of people move here from the Midwest and East because of the weather. One of the driest climates in the world, but very hot in the summer. Sure beats the hell out of a Midwest winter (I'm ex-Chicago).
Long live Carusos on 4th
Sponsored