Sponsored

Which to choose - lifetime powertrain warranty from local dealer or below invoice from out of state dealer?

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP, I read the page you liked to. Is there another page that expressly lists the labor covered? Not saying this one is sketchy but there are warranties that will gladly cover the $40 crank bearing but none or only partially cover the $2k in labor to put it in.

Also, Remember you are paying up front for a service that you most likely will not use for years. I’ll let you figure your respective opportunity cost on that one.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer offers like a 200,000 mile extended warranty for free on new vehicles. I read the fine print. You have to do all the manual scheduled maintenance at the exact mileage stated to keep the warranty intact. So, grease those joints, or whatever I've never done on my F150 and it has over 150k miles (and going). I didn't think it was worth it. I obviously take good care of my truck and have only had to replace the alternator and a few hoses as maintenance on it. I've been out of warranty for a long time now.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

definitely the lower invoice price, there's no telling where i'll be for the lifetime of a vehicle since we've historically held vehicles for at least twelve years.

OP
OP
Bemcnamara

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP, I read the page you liked to. Is there another page that expressly lists the labor covered? Not saying this one is sketchy but there are warranties that will gladly cover the $40 crank bearing but none or only partially cover the $2k in labor to put it in.

Also, Remember you are paying up front for a service that you most likely will not use for years. I’ll let you figure your respective opportunity cost on that one.
Reviewing all the responses, I went with Granger. Like you mentioned, there is not enough information to know what is actually covered.

OP
OP
Bemcnamara

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I figured I would still be under what I would pay at Mike White Ford and at the worst break even. We will tie it to an epic vacation, take all the side roads and do a proper break-in.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, as I am getting the auto trans, a lifetime powertrain warranty is not worth forgoing the better price. The 2.7 and the 10 speed have been around for a few years and from a bit of research, seem to have become decently reliable after a few recalls. I would guess the likelihood of you ever truly needing a powertrain warranty beyond the factory one is relatively low.

If I were choosing the 7 speed, I might feel differently.
Sponsored