Sponsored

Which to choose - lifetime powertrain warranty from local dealer or below invoice from out of state dealer?

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My experiences with the lifetime powertrain warranty is it is all defined upon maintenance. If you miss one, or even are one mile over on the mileage, it voids it. Some of them are service location specific as well. Additionally I have seen denied claims by the warrantor due to what was deemed as "abuse". I don't know that they are all that way, but that has been my experience. So ask good questions if you go this route.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I see "lifetime powertrain warranty" I think awesome. But yes read the fine print... Definitely would like with auto-trans.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have had stuff happened and when they ran the part number that part wasn't under warranty. Seems like another way for them to bait people into their dealer. I have also gotten the extended warranty and magically parts that break are not covered

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Best of both worlds solution is to buy under invoice and use the savings for a real extended warranty if this is important to you.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good example...
Fuel pump fails. Upon investigation the claim is denied because they claim you bought bad gas, or the gas sat in the tank too long.

ITS

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologies to all for reposting. But still having difficulties navigating this site. Does anyone have a list of dealers in Southern California that will offer fair pricing like Granger will?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would not do anything special for that warranty. Chances are it is full of fine print that would allow them to negate your claim anyway. NOT TO MENTION, that many of those actually do not cover anything you really need.

I have one now on a car, not because I bought it, but because the dealer I bought my car from "includes them". (Not why I chose that dealer). The 1 and only 1 time something broke on my car and it was an electronic engine part so they did not cover it (damn near everything is electronic now)... worthless.

OP
OP
Bemcnamara

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you all. This has been extremely useful.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bemcnamara

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There so many threads out there, it is exceedingly difficult to find anything.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies to all for reposting. But still having difficulties navigating this site. Does anyone have a list of dealers in Southern California that will offer fair pricing like Granger will?
Your question was included in the wrong thread!!!

I'm not aware of any dealers in CA that offer a Plan, similar to Granger pricing. In fact, I haven't seen anyone on this board or the NorCal board that can find a CA dealer that is offering that deal. Granger is the closest one! Stephenson (West Virginia has also matched Grangers plan... and Laura (Missouri is offering $2000 under).

In CA, the only one that I know of that is following his conversation with every transferring customer with a written commitment, is Kearny Mesa, Eric Bunch, in SD. Eric is a Manager at Kearny Mesa. He did commit, to me, and to many others on bronco6g, in writing. His commitment is not to exceed MSRP, there will be no ADM's added to the purchase, and he will accept all plans, including X Plan that are available to any qualified purchaser. A lot of people have moved to Eric!!!

ITS

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your question was included in the wrong thread!!!

I'm not aware of any dealers in CA that offer a Plan, similar to Granger pricing. In fact, I haven't seen anyone on this board or the NorCal board that can find a CA dealer that is offering that deal. Granger is the closest one! Stephenson (West Virginia has also matched Grangers plan... and Laura (Missouri is offering $2000 under).

In CA, the only one that I know of that is following his conversation with every transferring customer with a written commitment, is Kearny Mesa, Eric Bunch, in SD. Eric is a Manager at Kearny Mesa. He did commit, to me, and to many others on bronco6g, in writing. His commitment is not to exceed MSRP, there will be no ADM's added to the purchase, and he will accept all plans, including X Plan that are available to any qualified purchaser. A lot of people have moved to Eric!!!
Daniel: Thanks for the prompt reply. I live in SD so Kearny Mesa should be convenient. As someone else posted - there are so many threads -it is difficult to follow. Someone posted that in Montana there is dealer also offering for $2K under.

OP
OP
Bemcnamara

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I going to Granger and if I decide to pursue an additional warranty, I will buy one with my "Granger bucks".
Sponsored