Sponsored

Which will sound better with the top off - B&O with Lux or JBL sound bar?

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, folks, I didn't know how to create a poll. Based on our limited experience with either, I'm interested in your opinions. I figure some of you might have a general background to also draw an opinion from. Please share. I can't be the only one wondering this! 🤠
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The B&O will sound objectively better due to the surround sound tech built into Sync 4 when B&O package is present. The B&O system is about more than the number of speakers as it also uses spatial audio to make it sound as if the music is actually all around you instead of from directional speakers.

You can hear the difference yourself by test driving any of the other vehicles Ford offers with B&O and turning the spatial audio settings on and off. Night and day difference.

The JBL Soundbar will make your audio louder, but will do nothing for clarity or spatial audio. If going loud is your idea of good audio, you should be very happy with the soundbar.

I had the chance to listen to the B&O in a Bronco with the top down. Its a really good audio system for the type of vehicle this is.. It's not quite as good as the B&O in the Audi line of cars, but better than the B&O that comes in the Ranger. Maybe slightly worse than 2021 F150, although I didn't quite hear it that way.

The acoustics are jacked. That will be true regardless of the speaker setup. Bronco is filled with hard, reflective surfaces in some areas and soft, sound deadening surfaces in others. Creates a very difficult environment for high end sound. With that said, I quite liked the quality and I'm a bit of an audiophile.

Last edited:

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't think the JBL sound bar integrates with the Bronco's stereo at all. I read that it pairs to a phone like any other portable Bluetooth speaker to be used at the beach, camping or tailgate scenario. I believe it's a completely separate system.

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bang 100%. It's tailored/wired specifically for the vehicle whereas the soundbar likely just connects to your phone (and SYNC maybe?) via Bluetooth.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you are choosing one over the other for your personal listening pleasure, then great! If you are choosing one so that everyone else gets to hear your personal music selection, well don't be "that guy".
Ford Bronco Which will sound better with the top off - B&O with Lux or JBL sound bar? that-guy

Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once you remove the top or roll all the windows down, audio linearity goes out the window. This applies to any sound system. In that situation, distance is a key factor. I'm referring to how direct the speakers are placed to the listener, and the range they produce. A subwoofer in the rear with the top off will be (Nearly) inaudible to the listener at speeds above 10 MPH. This is unless the listener is on the sidewalk as you drive by. A good set of full range speakers in the drivers compartment with a very good amplifier will offer the best sound in that condition. I would not be considering a sound bar over the B&O if your concern is sound quality. Placing speakers behind the listener defeats the whole purpose of stereo imaging, and to some, that's the most important factor in sound quality. I don't expect the B&O system to be incredible, but I do expect it to outperform the standard stereo, and worth the spend if you're already ordering the High package.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The B&O is going to sound better for you and your passengers. The JBL will sound better for anyone outside of the vehicle, and would probably be great for camping or tailgating.

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well with the top off the stereo will get drowned out by the wind noise no matter what. I have a 2021 F150 with the B&O, windows up it sounds great, open one window and wow what a difference, I can only imagine with the top off.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think the JBL sound bar integrates with the Bronco's stereo at all. I read that it pairs to a phone like any other portable Bluetooth speaker to be used at the beach, camping or tailgate scenario. I believe it's a completely separate system.
This is not accurate from what I read on JBL site and Crutchfield. It has RCA cables to hook to head unit (including RCA to bare wire connector if needed on head unit), then has bluetooth, which will override the RCA input if bluetooth connected, then has a 3.5 jack that will override both RCA and Bluetooth if anything connected. I posted the links in another thread on this.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bang 100%. It's tailored/wired specifically for the vehicle whereas the soundbar likely just connects to your phone (and SYNC maybe?) via Bluetooth.
Again, this is not accurate, it has 3 inputs RCA, bluetooth and 3.5 jack, with the former being overriden by each latter option.

Sponsored

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, folks, I didn't know how to create a poll. Based on our limited experience with either, I'm interested in your opinions. I figure some of you might have a general background to also draw an opinion from. Please share. I can't be the only one wondering this! 🤠

Top off, your best option for sound will be bluetooth earphones.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is not accurate from what I read on JBL site and Crutchfield. It has RCA cables to hook to head unit (including RCA to bare wire connector if needed on head unit), then has bluetooth, which will override the RCA input if bluetooth connected, then has a 3.5 jack that will override both RCA and Bluetooth if anything connected. I posted the links in another thread on this.
Wow where have you been all this time darling

This topic was discussed ad nauseum a few months back and we concluded that there was not enough information out there to discern its interoperability. Nice to know, with your research, that it can integrate. Too bad since then I've become disenfranchised with the idea of using this

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow where have you been all this time darling

This topic was discussed ad nauseum a few months back and we concluded that there was not enough information out there to discern its interoperability. Nice to know, with your research, that it can integrate. Too bad since then I've become disenfranchised with the idea of using this
Here is the link to JBL site, which has description of the multiple inputs and intelligent switching

https://www.jbl.com/marine-audio/JBL+STADIUM+AMPLIFIED+POWERSPORTS+SOUNDBAR.html

Here is the Crutchfield link re. same...

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-xAqD6i4pWmn/p_1094100BLM/JBL-Stadium-UB4100.html

I am no expert on any stereo hookups and have never used a soundbar like this, but I ordered it on the information on these sites and my dealer saying they do the install.

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, this is not accurate, it has 3 inputs RCA, bluetooth and 3.5 jack, with the former being overriden by each latter option.
We just do not know if the Bronco will take advantage of that.
And what is the exact reason the B&O cannot use it?
Is there a wiring diagram somewhere ?

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty sure JBL soundbar is separate from vehicles audio system. Considering it’s a bolt on accessory, you probably plug it into the 12V socket in the cargo area and connect a device over Bluetooth or aux.
I thought it was pretty cool, but I’d rather use a wireless BT speaker when camping so you’re not draining your trucks battery
Sponsored