Sponsored

While we all know the new Bronco will be based on the new Ranger Chassis...

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like the Frankenranger..

80EF61AA-7B07-4DF4-8A4E-3F944D355F07.jpeg
I swear, the trend seems to be shorter and shorter beds on trucks every year. Everything is morphing into SUV form. First was the sedans and cars, now the trucks....
Sponsored

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, that's nasty looking, sure hope it's not anyway related to the new Ranger. Need to see the 1st one close up, looks interesting...

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Interesting input thanks all, my rather "muddied" point was since the Bronco is based on the all new Ranger platform, (as Ford has stated many times), then the new Ranger platform must be already done since the Bronco is being reveled in a few weeks (yay)!
Can you point to something where Ford has stated that the Bronco would be built on the Ranger platform? You say that Ford has stated this many times, but I've never seen it.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you point to something where Ford has stated that the Bronco would be built on the Ranger platform? You say that Ford has stated this many times, but I've never seen it.

"A Ford spokesperson told Motor Authority the Bronco (and Bronco R) is the first vehicle to ride on the newly evolved T6 platform architecture making it a body-on-frame SUV like the Jeep Wrangler. It's an evolution of today's T6 platform that underpins the Everest SUV (not sold in the U.S.) and Ranger pickup truck with a five-link rear suspension setup."

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...-r-race-prototype-based-on-ranger-t6-platform

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"A Ford spokesperson told Motor Authority the Bronco (and Bronco R) is the first vehicle to ride on the newly evolved T6 platform architecture making it a body-on-frame SUV like the Jeep Wrangler. It's an evolution of today's T6 platform that underpins the Everest SUV (not sold in the U.S.) and Ranger pickup truck with a five-link rear suspension setup."

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...-r-race-prototype-based-on-ranger-t6-platform
Saying "T6" is like saying "midsize body on frame". One T6 and another could have very little in common.

The fact that they say the Bronco R and Bronco are both a T6 says a lot. We know very well the R was built on a frame taken from an F150 ...

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saying "T6" is like saying "midsize body on frame". One T6 and another could have very little in common.

The fact that they say the Bronco R and Bronco are both a T6 says a lot. We know very well the R was built on a frame taken from an F150 ...
I'm just answering his question about whether or not Ford has stated the Bronco will be on the T6 architecture. A quick google search of Bronco and T6 and that was first one that came up. Perhaps this one that makes no mention of the Bronco R is a better source for you?

https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-motor-company-platforms/ford-t6-platform/

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just answering his question about whether or not Ford has stated the Bronco will be on the T6 architecture. A quick google search of Bronco and T6 and that was first one that came up. Perhaps this one that makes no mention of the Bronco R is a better source for you?

https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-motor-company-platforms/ford-t6-platform/
The point that he and I are making is that it is not being built on the "Ranger platform". It is being built on a T6 platform -- which is just a Fordspeak way of saying "midsize body on frame" with fewer syllables.

Like when they say the Corsair, Escape, Scout, and 3-4 other vehicles are all on the CD2 platform, one vehicle and another might share very little in common. "CD2" is just a way of describing the size and drive configuration of the class of vehicle with fewer syllables.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The point that he and I are making is that it is not being built on the "Ranger platform". It is being built on a T6 platform -- which is just a Fordspeak way of saying "midsize body on frame" with fewer syllables.

Like when they say the Corsair, Escape, Scout, and 3-4 other vehicles are all on the CD2 platform, one vehicle and another might share very little in common. "CD2" is just a way of describing the size and drive configuration of the class of vehicle with fewer syllables.
I guess I was reading to far between the lines. When I think "Ranger platform" I associate it with the T6 (midsize body on frame) architecture. To me they are the same thing. So if someone asked me if the Bronco and Ranger shared the same platform to me the answer is yes. While I understand that it is a modular platform that might have "major" differences between them, they are both on what Ford calls the T6 platform.

So I appologize for assuming when he asked if it was on the "Ranger platform" he wasn't asking if it was on the T6

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does that mean it will be more American-centric? Also do you know who will get it first? The rest of the world like the "new" ranger or will it be the US?

I know Ford just introduced the Ranger and that they want to shorten the refresh period to a every three or so years but I still can't see them introducing a new Ranger so soon.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Since the T6 will be a new design underpinning the 2021MY Bronco, and the Ranger will not exist at the time of the Bronco's release, it would be more correct to say that the Ranger is based on the Bronco. Most accurate would be to say that they "share architecture" to some degree. It's semantics, but to say that the Bronco is "based on" the Ranger is a non-sequitur, as the Bronco is ahead of the Ranger in both production and release.

Why is this seemingly trivial and arguably semantic detail important? Ranger has never enjoyed universal recognition as a high-performance off-road platform (at least in the US). Ford decided to return to the mid-size market with a historic badge, while Chevy and GMC went a different route with their mid-size reintroduction - branding with Colorado and Canyon instead of returning with the venerable S-10/S-15 monikers, as those names didn't have a particularly performance-oriented image in days past either. Introducing a new Bronco will allow Ford to establish the enhanced capabilities of the new platform under a legendary badge, and Ranger will do a certain amount of coattail-riding on that platform's performance while introducing its own unique performance attributes with the Raptor-level offerings. GM wiped the slate clean of the S-10 image by disposing with the name and beginning afresh; Ford chose to keep the Ranger name and instead upgrade the image with a strategy that to a degree leans on the Bronco's off-road successes, both past and (almost) present. My guess is the Ranger Raptor will be a very capable machine on its own merits, but some help from an old friend probably won't hurt.

GM knocked it out of the park with the Colorado/Canyon; I hope Ford is able to convert on the Bronco and Ranger.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
F -100 Ranger? Sounds Good. Now Bring In The Courier! Next Bronco P- Up?
Sponsored