Sponsored

While we all know the new Bronco will be based on the new Ranger Chassis...

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What have you guys heard on updates around the all new Ranger Platform? Curious as I currently own a 2018 Raptor, (liking it a lot), but could be tempted by the all new Ranger Raptor or even Bronco Raptor...yet Ford is being very quiet about the upcoming new Ranger...
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is an interesting question. It makes me wonder who else might be Bronco-centric AND who might be following both.

I do not follow the Ranger at all, not in the least little bit. Maybe once the Bronco is a reality, I may pay more attention , primarily to see what develops that may impact the Bronco.

Other than that, I follow the Super Dutys because that is what I'll get if I ever get a truck. I really have no interest in the Ranger on its own.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
A couple of people on the BlueOvalForum have hinted that the next gen Ranger is going to be a “Tacoma-killer” similar to how the Bronco will be a wrangler-killer. So take that as you will.

Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is an interesting question. It makes me wonder who else might be Bronco-centric AND who might be following both.
I've been lurking for a while. Finally created an account just to respond to this.

I've been interested in a 4x4 pretty much forever. I couldn't afford 4x4 on my first vehicle (2001 GMC Sonoma) or my second/current (2011 Toyota Tundra).

The Bronco piques my interest, and I have a bad want based on what I've seen so far, but I need a pickup truck. If I can afford to keep my Tundra and get a Bronco, that's the way I'll go. If not, I could see myself trading down to a Ranger in a few years.

I'm in no rush either way. At best, it'll be 2022 before I can realistically afford a Bronco, and I believe the Ranger redesign is going to be for the 2022 model year, so plenty should be known by then.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco piques my interest, and I have a bad want based on what I've seen so far, but I need a pickup truck. If I can afford to keep my Tundra and get a Bronco, that's the way I'll go. If not, I could see myself trading down to a Ranger in a few years.
Trading down to a Ranger?

Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Trading down to a Ranger?
Down in size.

I traded up in size from my old Sonoma to my Tundra because it was basically impossible to fit stuff I need to haul in the bed (a full rick of firewood, for example).

The compact trucks are gone, replaced by mid-size, and the mid-size trucks are almost as big as the old full size pickups. I'm pretty sure I'd be fine with a new Ranger, although I may need a bed extender for it. I'm still fuzzy on that part.

I mostly like my Tundra, but it has not been the problem-free ownership experience I had been lead to expect, and it is friggin' huge. I mean, it's no 3/4- or 1-ton huge, but still...

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would.

Here are all the reasons why I don't own an F-150 Raptor.

Be prepared...It's an exhaustive list.

1. The size.
I would also add automatic transmission. If we do get a manual option on the Bronco/Ranger, I doubt it will make it's way into a Raptor. But if we did... Hell YE$!

Wait, does this mean I'm getting Ken Jeong'd?

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn't have enough room on my list to add transmissions.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was pretty thorough!
Sponsored