Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Curious as well to see what tune alone does. after watching the install videos, it bugs me even more like they rushed this product to market. zip tying a motor to a mount is not a good solution, having to cut factory plastic, removing shrouds, not working well with factory shutters. i get space is limited but there shouldnt need that many mods needing to be done to make it work if more r&d was spent
why would you want to keep the factory shutters... every single FMIC upgrade I have seen for an ecoboost takes those stupid AGS and throw it in the trash.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
404 pretty sad.
How is that? Our own Bronco Raptor with the JB4 on Map 5 with 93 octane and boostane didn't make that much power at the wheels. Granted that we tested a different vehicle than Whipple did on a different dyno there's nothing to be upset about with the numbers Whipple achieved with their calibration.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@LethalPerformance

If you are installing the Whipple Megacooler on your vehicle, will you be looking to find a way to retain the shutters and possibly make improvements to the mounting frame brackets?
We aren't looking to find a way to retain the shutters in any way. They are are restrictive and defeat the purpose of going to a larger aftermarket unit to improve cooling.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
404 pretty sad.
Did you miss that this is at the wheels? This is probably just shy of 500 crank hp or just shy of a 20% gain. It's fantastic IMO.

This is also enough torque to be at least a bit concerned about the transmissions torque rating which is a somewhat low 443 ft lb.

Any input on this latter point @LethalPerformance or @Whipple? I calculate this is 530 ft lb at the crank...

(470/389) * 440 = 532

BCRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you miss that this is at the wheels? This is probably just shy of 500 crank hp or just shy of a 20% gain. It's fantastic IMO.

This is also enough torque to be at least a bit concerned about the transmissions torque rating which is a somewhat low 443 ft lb.

Any input on this latter point @LethalPerformance or @Whipple? I calculate this is 530 ft lb at the crank...

(470/389) * 440 = 532
I agree with swamp, these are great numbers. Although it’s been discussed before about dyno accuracy. I wonder what a hub dyno would say, we are losing a lot to those 37”s. Just be interesting to see different dyno numbers. Regardless… I am stoked about this tune and I’m curious if whips plans to do any TCM calibrations.

Sponsored

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Spoke to Dennis at Whipple, Tune alone is 60 HP and 80 ft lbs of torque on 91 Octane.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Spoke to Dennis at Whipple, Tune alone is 60 HP and 80 ft lbs of torque on 91 Octane.
whp or crank hp? I'd assume whp since losses are a bit of a WAG and the focus has been whp. Based on that, the numbers do not make sense. 91 oct stock vs. 91 oct with tune and intercooler (as per OP) = +43 hp.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A couple of questions:

1. Was this run at operating temperature or cold? We all know that if an engine isn't run at operating temperature, then the dyno results are moot since the engine will never actually run in that state on the road.
2. How long was the sweep time?
3. Did you do any steady state testing?

I checked the website and there isn't a lot of information regarding the dyno test.
Anything?

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@LethalPerformance With this tune I assume as long as you save the stock file you can flash back to stock at any time?

Also is there a flash counter on the Ford ECU? I have flashed Ram trucks but this would be my first Ford.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@LethalPerformance With this tune I assume as long as you save the stock file you can flash back to stock at any time?

Also is there a flash counter on the Ford ECU? I have flashed Ram trucks but this would be my first Ford.
The Whipple device doesn't offer the ability to flash the vehicle back to stock. That would need to be done at a dealership if you ever wanted to go back to the stock file.

As far as a flash counter goes I'm not sure of that. I do know though that Ford can see that if the vehicle has been flashed. If you take your Whipple tuned vehicle in for service they will see that and "should" know not to flash over it. Personally I would still make the service technician know not to flash it.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A couple of questions:

1. Was this run at operating temperature or cold? We all know that if an engine isn't run at operating temperature, then the dyno results are moot since the engine will never actually run in that state on the road.
2. How long was the sweep time?
3. Did you do any steady state testing?

I checked the website and there isn't a lot of information regarding the dyno test.
Anything?
You probably want to contact Whipple.
Lethal didn’t do the tuning.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yes to your 2nd question.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Whipple told me that you can request a stock calibration (if needed) from their calibration department if you ever needed to go back to stock. But that is correct nothing gets stored on the device.

switz

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2022 Bronco Bad Lands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
According to your website, the tune only is 50 state legal. Is this correct? If so, it will pass California smog?

And, am I to assume that your warranty is out the window on the tranny and engine with this tune.

Finally, how do you think this is going to compare to the Ford Performance tune that you say is coming for the Raptor? Any updates on the Ford Tune timeline?

Thanks!

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any more info on my question above in post #37 @Tye . Thanks!
Sponsored