Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure if this was answered or not. I apologize if it was.

What are the rwhp/rwtq gains from the tune and no intercooler?
Unfortunately we don't have numbers on the tune alone. The only two vehicles I know of that are tuned had the intercooler on there already. With that said we are planning on testing the Whipple calibration on our 2022 Bronco raptor which still has the stock IC on it this week. We'll report back once testing is done and the footage is edited.

Thanks!

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Actually, at this point, this seems like the best option since it appears ford isn't doing their own tune.
I've talked to a couple of my local dealers and as long as a tune can't be pinned to a specific failure it shouldn't be a warranty killer. This makes the inability to store the original tune less of a problem.
NOTE: they all said that warranty coverage is up to Ford and if they start taking a hard line this could could be a problem......

Last edited:

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I decided to Call Whipple and get the skinny, here's a little more info...

- The reason they cant store your old flash is that the tuner is the same one for uses at the factory and is designed to push updates not store old ones.
- They can pull your tear tag and give you a flash to restore if needed.
- if your a forescan user make your changes first, otherwise you'll have issues with file signatures.

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Actually, at this point, this seems like the best option since it appears ford isn't doing their own tune.
I've talked to a couple of my local dealers and as long as a tune can't be pinned to a specific failure it shouldn't be a warranty killer. This makes the inability to store the original tune less of a problem.
NOTE: they all said that warranty coverage is up to Ford and if they start taking a hard line this could could be a problem.......this circles us back to the chicken and the egg of tuning a locked ecu with fords blessing.....
My dealer said essentially the same thing, however they said Ford rarely gets involved and my dealership turns a blind eye to these things as they like warranty work. He said there is always a risk, but it is fairly small, especially with a conservative tune as the whipple.

- The reason they cant store your old flash is that the tuner is the same one for uses at the factory and is designed to push updates not store old ones.
- They can pull your tear tag and give you a flash to restore if needed.
- if your a forescan user make your changes first, otherwise you'll have issues with file signatures.
What do you mean by a tear tag. My understanding was that your only options for flashing would be to take it to the dealership or send your pcm to Whipple. Is that not accurate?

Sponsored

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer said essentially the same thing, however they said Ford rarely gets involved and my dealership turns a blind eye to these things as they like warranty work. He said there is always a risk, but it is fairly small, especially with a conservative tune as the whipple.

What do you mean by a tear tag. My understanding was that your only options for flashing would be to take it to the dealership or send your pcm to Whipple. Is that not accurate?
The tear tag is created as part of the assembly process, it contains your build info. Whipple can identify your build by this number.
Bottom line is you create a request to them, they create the file, if you want to go back they can send you a copy of your original flash.
After talking to them I feel much more confident in the process.

Roostracing

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1964 F100, 1997 F250 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unfortunately we don't have numbers on the tune alone. The only two vehicles I know of that are tuned had the intercooler on there already. With that said we are planning on testing the Whipple calibration on our 2022 Bronco raptor which still has the stock IC on it this week. We'll report back once testing is done and the footage is edited.

Thanks!
Thank you! I'm very interested in this.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great to know thanks (y)

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well we're Whipple tuned!!!! We went down to Palm Beach Dyno yesterday to do some baseline pulls on their dynojet and then tuned our Bronco Raptor with the Whipple cal and ran it again. The Bronco made great power especially for the fact that we're still running the stock intercooler and that the weather was terrible. Rained all day yesterday and humidity while the truck was on the dyno was 70%.

The footage is being edited today so we should be able to release numbers and info on it shortly.

Today is the first time I got to drive the Braptor with their cal on it without the roads being wet. I can say with confidence that the Braptor with the Whipple cal drives way better than it did when it was stock. Shifting is way smoother and you can feel the power difference. No more of that clunky shifting in sport mode. It's smooth as butter now. We'll be doing a full drive review once we've got the dyno footage launched. Then we'll install the Whipple mega cooler and follow up with some more dyno testing.

For anyone looking to get a real flash tune the Whipple calibration is the real deal!

Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/w...calibration-2022-ford-bronco-raptor-3-0l.html
unnamed_2__6_1_1.jpg

Stage 1 kit with device and megacooler intercooler.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/whipple-stage-1-kit-2022-2023-bronco-raptor-3-0l-eb-8192.html
o_ic_rev_12_lower_front_800163969596061bbc6580e013.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
any discounts available? got the jb4 from you earlier this year lol
Sending you a message. We'll see what we can do for you. Appreciate the business, past and future. :)

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Where are these results?
Editing should be finished up today. Once it's done we'll put together a solid post for you guys with info and video content on the results.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We're LIVE with the results of the Whipple calibration tuning on our 2022 Bronco Raptor.

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We're LIVE with the results of the Whipple calibration tuning on our 2022 Bronco Raptor.
When are you going to dyno it again with the IC?
Are you going to add the SPD downpipes? Mine ship out tomorrow :)
Sponsored