swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No the information was incorrect. It will not work for 2021 and newer. A bronco raptor owner already learned it was not possible when they needed to go back to stock due to errors on the whipple when trying to set a larger tire size. Whipple told them they would have to go to the dealer to flash back
to stock.
That's a real bummer and limitation. One would think that since this is enabled by Ford, that functionality would be included. Maybe it's on purpose from Ford not allowing such.
Sponsored

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m pretty sure it’s a limitation of the hardware and what is required to restore the entire unit to stock. In theory the whipple is tweaking the stock file, thus why it works with the over the air updates and it’s not the same as loading the entire image back down. I know a special piece of hardware is required for that, thus why you either have to send whipple your ecm back or bring it to a dealership. In my personal situation my dealership does a lot of modified vehicles so taking it in to flash the cal isn’t a big deal.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For those interested here's how to get the tire size adjustment process done properly.

There's some very important steps that need to be followed for tire size changes on the Bronco's. A dealer is not required or needed to do this, the Tomahawk can resolve your issue.

Once the tire size has been changed, your vehicle will set a code from the AWD module (DLCM is what we call it). After changing tire size, you must turn the ignition key off and open the door. This powers the modules down. Wait 10 seconds or more, toggle key back on.

Go to Diagnostics>Tire/Axle Change>Relearn Vehicle Data. Once you select Relearn Vehicle Data.
Ford Bronco Whipple Calibration Tuning for Bronco Raptor - Performance Gain Numbers Are In w/ Dyno Chart 1

Select Relearn Veh Data, once done, it will let you know that the PCM and DLCM have relearned. Following this, exit out on the tool with asterisk key, toggle ignition off and open door to power all modules down. *Failure to power down here will result in incomplete process.
Ford Bronco Whipple Calibration Tuning for Bronco Raptor - Performance Gain Numbers Are In w/ Dyno Chart 2

This removes any wrench light and all functions will work as normal. There can sometimes be a stored code, which doesn't affect the system, but it can be removed now by. Toggle ignition to ON, go to Tomahawk home screen, select Other Modules. Select DLCM: Driveline.
Ford Bronco Whipple Calibration Tuning for Bronco Raptor - Performance Gain Numbers Are In w/ Dyno Chart 3

Select Clear DTCs. Once cleared, exit out, toggle Ignition to OFF. You have now performed all functions and all codes and functions should now be fully active and functional.
Ford Bronco Whipple Calibration Tuning for Bronco Raptor - Performance Gain Numbers Are In w/ Dyno Chart 4

Last edited:

Sponsored

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Would love to hear the outcome
I have it mine and absolutely love it. I’m coming from a JB4 tuner that I ran on map 3, and this is significantly better. I highly recommend it.

Jeff4510

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have it mine and absolutely love it. I’m coming from a JB4 tuner that I ran on map 3, and this is significantly better. I highly recommend it.
Great! And the horrid downshifting on Sport mode? Is that also better?

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great! And the horrid downshifting on Sport mode? Is that also better?
A million times better…. It doesn’t feel like your transmission is going to get left on the road behind you anymore.

braptor_bandit

Raptor
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2022 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just a heads up for folks, Whipple doesn't yet support 2023 Bronco Raptors for tuning. They are waiting on info from Ford that should come any day now. Once I have the file back from Whipple and applied I'll report back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just a heads up for folks, Whipple doesn't yet support 2023 Bronco Raptors for tuning. They are waiting on info from Ford that should come any day now. Once I have the file back from Whipple and applied I'll report back.
I'm sure they'll get you fixed up shortly. I'll give them a buzz now and tell em to get on it.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Before we release the drive review and 0-60 testing video I'll give you guys a tease by letting you know that we were able to go quicker with the Whipple cal on 93 octane than we did with another product on Map 5. Map 5 on that product from our testing made a considerable amount of power over the Whipple cal. My thoughts on that are that the transmission tuning that Whipple offers makes quite a difference. Stay tuned!

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Before we release the drive review and 0-60 testing video I'll give you guys a tease by letting you know that we were able to go quicker with the Whipple cal on 93 octane than we did with another product on Map 5. Map 5 on that product from our testing made a considerable amount of power over the Whipple cal. My thoughts on that are that the transmission tuning that Whipple offers makes quite a difference. Stay tuned!
The Whipple is significantly better. I’m a huge fan!
@LethalPerformance did you get the IC installed?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Whipple is significantly better. I’m a huge fan!
@LethalPerformance did you get the IC installed?
Yes the Whipple Megacooler was installed before we did the 0-60 testing. Still haven't hit the dyno with it but we intend to get to that next week sometime.

I'll also say while monitoring IAT and ACT temps that the megacooler does an amazing job keeping the spread between those two temps very close to one another. So heat soak from high IAT's doesn't seem to be an issue at all with the cal and megacooler.