Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course that's the grill I wanted to swap to.
Haha, I was just thinking this too from my post yesterday.

Well… I guess we just need to completely remove our grills and just drive around like that. More air flow = More power, right?
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Another example of why you don't buy a first year car, truck
Yeah. That adhesive rubber strip is one serious repair. Who knows if anyone’s Bronco will ever be the same after having that amount of work done on it.

acfassett

First Name
Athena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had this issue in a 2-door Badlands? For a test drive

Sponsored

*T2*

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Built in deer whistle!
Ford Bronco Whistle sound coming from grille / hood on some Big Bend and Outer Banks Broncos. Improved hood seal design coming October 519O8qKuc7L._AC_SX466_

MOrunning04

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have driven 2 different outer banks vehicles and neither exhibited the whistle. I took extended drives in both of them. They both had Lux.

I drove a base sasquatch, obviously without said Lux package and it exhibited the whistle constantly.

I'm pretty sure Ford is off the mark with the cause. Most think it's related to the lack of camera on the bottom of mirrors on mid or lower packages that must break up wind flow or something similar.
I totally agree. Drove a Wildtrack with Lux and not that noticeable, but a bid bend with nothing in the mirrors and it was horrible. When you reach out and put your hand in front of the mirror or over the top left corner where the fish eye mirror is and it gets significantly better. Just my experience.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hmm....... I noticed immediately my BB had a whistle....with top off, windows down, and radio off.....I thought it was the antenna whistling. Now I'm thinking it could be this....Thanks for post.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just want a basic bronco without all the bells and whistles
For Big Bend and Outer Banks grilles ONLY.

New hood seal part available in October.

Ford Bronco Whistle sound coming from grille / hood on some Big Bend and Outer Banks Broncos. Improved hood seal design coming October 519O8qKuc7L._AC_SX466_

BASE BD BL WT FE Grilles are not affected
For Big Bend and Outer Banks grilles ONLY.

New hood seal part available in October.

BASE BD BL WT FE Grilles are not affected

Sponsored

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had this issue in a 2-door Badlands? For a test drive
Same here. I drove it with the top off and the whistle was pretty loud at highway speed. It sounded to me like it was coming from the driver side view mirror, not the grille.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm....... I noticed immediately my BB had a whistle....with top off, windows down, and radio off.....I thought it was the antenna whistling. Now I'm thinking it could be this....Thanks for post.
You've got your Big Bend already and have a 69 Mach 1?

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have driven 2 different outer banks vehicles and neither exhibited the whistle. I took extended drives in both of them. They both had Lux.

I drove a base sasquatch, obviously without said Lux package and it exhibited the whistle constantly.

I'm pretty sure Ford is off the mark with the cause. Most think it's related to the lack of camera on the bottom of mirrors on mid or lower packages that must break up wind flow or something similar.
It could be that with the LUX you get the extra sound deafening material, and I'm thinking that includes the hood mat. And to further my completely uneducated theory it could be the mat that stops the whistle. I may be way off base, but it sure sounds good.....:)

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It could be that with the LUX you get the extra sound deafening material, and I'm thinking that includes the hood mat. And to further my completely uneducated theory it could be the mat that stops the whistle. I may be way off base, but it sure sounds good.....:)
True enough. But sure seemed like the whistle changed when I put my hand around the mirror on the base squatch.

I guess we just have/will have vehicles with musical talents with the ability to whistle from the mirror and grill!

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same here. I drove it with the top off and the whistle was pretty loud at highway speed. It sounded to me like it was coming from the driver side view mirror, not the grille.
Sounds like 2 different concerns being reported. One is mirrors that lack the cameras? The other is the seal on BB and OB hoods? I am always weary of any TSB, SSM etc. that says "some" may exhibit......If they don't all do it, it can't be a design issue. Right?? Glad I haven't taken delivery yet. My dealer service department would say "it's normal, they all do it".
Sponsored