J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2022 Wildtrak 4DR Sasq, loaded + 2.5 inch RC Sasq lift

I had a very annoying high pitched whistle sound coming from the driver's side of the front windshield. I tried everything to pinpoint the problem, took top off, placed towels on mirrors, wipers, etc. Could not figure it out. Took to FORD and they ordered new side mirror part, which is on backorder, has not been installed yet. In the meantime I ordered the AVS Aeroskin II Hood Shield. It came a few days ago, I installed it in about 5 min and the whistling noise is nearly gone. I have heard it only 2-3 times for a second or two when crossing a bridge (crosswind) above 40mph and when in a steeper turn on highway. I would say that it has been a 95% reduction in the frequency of the whistle --- which was constant at 40mph. I still don't know the cause, but the deflection of the air by hood shield all but eliminated the noise. It also looks cool...

Hope this works for others that are having similar issues

bloohorseshoo
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

bloohorseshoo sounds like the sound it could make

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2022 Wildtrak 4DR Sasq, loaded + 2.5 inch RC Sasq lift

I had a very annoying high pitched whistle sound coming from the driver's side of the front windshield. I tried everything to pinpoint the problem, took top off, placed towels on mirrors, wipers, etc. Could not figure it out. Took to FORD and they ordered new side mirror part, which is on backorder, has not been installed yet. In the meantime I ordered the AVS Aeroskin II Hood Shield. It came a few days ago, I installed it in about 5 min and the whistling noise is nearly gone. I have heard it only 2-3 times for a second or two when crossing a bridge (crosswind) above 40mph and when in a steeper turn on highway. I would say that it has been a 95% reduction in the frequency of the whistle --- which was constant at 40mph. I still don't know the cause, but the deflection of the air by hood shield all but eliminated the noise. It also looks cool...

Hope this works for others that are having similar issues

bloohorseshoo
I have same issue - did the dealer say the issue is definitely the side mirror and if so, what part did they order? Thanks.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happen with the A/C on? There's TSB 22-2018 but it might not apply to '22 models. My '21 did it at 45mph and above.

BreezyNVegas

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

New TSB for the mirror whistle.
22-2215
They will replace the mirror caps.
Ford Bronco Whistling noise above 40mph - partial solution 20220718_165348

Sponsored

dave1m

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra, 2013 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now superseded by TSB 22-2297.
Tried to get my dealer to follow this. Instead they replaced the mirror cap with same type. Still whistles 🙄.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Now superseded by TSB 22-2297.
Tried to get my dealer to follow this. Instead they replaced the mirror cap with same type. Still whistles 🙄.
Good morning! Please send over a private message including your VIN and dealership info at your earliest convenience. I can look into this for you.
Sponsored