Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am also wanting to go this exact route...planned to ask my Dealer
To me the biggest downside is that as a kayaker I’ll lose the ability to throw it on the roof until I get a hardtop (allowing for a roof rack/carrier). For that reason alone I may delay my order... which bites since already I've waited so long. Get a new Bronco but lose my ability to tote my kayak, that’s my dilemma.
Sponsored

nmt77

Badlands
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To me the biggest downside is that as a kayaker I’ll lose the ability to throw it on the roof until I get a hardtop (allowing for a roof rack/carrier). For that reason alone I may delay my order... which bites since already I've waited so long. Get a new Bronco but lose my ability to tote my kayak, that’s my dilemma.
I understand. I do not have a kayak but paddleboard and canoe. And just wanted to have the rack in case. I have a late res anyway and I can’t even configure it. Which is fine because pretty sure I’d just rather order it all when it becomes avail vs buying afterwards. How about you do you have a late res or one prior to the cut off?
My dealer said there is so much unknown and we can place the order in Dec. But I’m going to let him know I’m not going to until the light interior is avail because I personally don’t like any of the options at any trim. And I want either a body color top or white. So whenever that is avail I’ll place my order.
In the mean time my lease is up in Feb so will have to just get something cheap as it’ll be transitional and an eventual trade in.

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand. I do not have a kayak but paddleboard and canoe. And just wanted to have the rack in case. I have a late res anyway and I can’t even configure it. Which is fine because pretty sure I’d just rather order it all when it becomes avail vs buying afterwards. How about you do you have a late res or one prior to the cut off?
My dealer said there is so much unknown and we can place the order in Dec. But I’m going to let him know I’m not going to until the light interior is avail because I personally don’t like any of the options at any trim. And I want either a body color top or white. So whenever that is avail I’ll place my order.
In the mean time my lease is up in Feb so will have to just get something cheap as it’ll be transitional and an eventual trade in.
I have an early res.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gonna let my first one go and reserve with Granger this month to ensure a later delivery.
I just did this.

Happy to wait for the MY2022 to get better exterior, hopefully interior, options ... $2,000 under invoice doesn’t hurt either.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Question for people who have had a Bronco, FJ or other vehicle with a white roof: any drawbacks we should factor into the wait for white / accept MIC gray debate?

Are you wanting a white top, MIC gray or black modular or body color?

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will be getting the soft top on my Base in anticipation of a bunch of MIC tops getting replaced with modulars in a year or so. Or maybe I will get a modular myself depending on first hand experience.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Question for people who have had a Bronco, FJ or other vehicle with a white roof: any drawbacks we should factor into the wait for white / accept MIC gray debate?

Are you wanting a white top, MIC gray or black modular or body color?
I have a yellow FJ with white roof, it's painted so it's the same standard care you'd have for white paint on any other car. Had a white Miata with a white HT back in the day as well, same, painted, easy maintenance when it was on the car for winter.

Not sure how the MIC top is to maintain or what the fade rate will be, some Ford plastics seem to age better than others. I'm going to probably go ahead and accept the gray top since it'll save me the $1895 up front cost for the mod top but I do have an October reservation as well, have a couple of months before we're at the deadline to order so hopefully more info will be released.

westvally91364

Outer Banks
First Name
mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buick encore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have ordered the 2022 white Outer banks, I have called my dealer several times about getting the white roof and no reply.. I sure hope they offer the white roof option on the Outer banks. It would also be cool the get the chrome grill option.....
Everything I have read so far says it will be an option but only limited trims but no one knows what they are??

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have ordered the 2022 white Outer banks, I have called my dealer several times about getting the white roof and no reply.. I sure hope they offer the white roof option on the Outer banks. It would also be cool the get the chrome grill option.....
Everything I have read so far says it will be an option but only limited trims but no one knows what they are??
You did notice that this thread is a year old right? Before the roof debacle.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not until 2023 and we don't know what trim(s?). Might just be the rumored Heritage Edition.

There is no chrome grille option
Sponsored