White MIC - hard to keep clean in polluted areas

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Been thinking - a white MIC top probably isn’t that useful. At least where I live, very close to NYC, the greasy black air pollution is insane. I cleaned the window frames on my apartment balcony six months ago. The crap is already piling back up big time. I usually need to use squirts every time I get in the car to go fit a ride.

therefore, a white MIC top, with its rough surface, would probably be a sponge for the pollution. It would settle in and be almost impossible to get rid of. A white top would quickly have that filthy look that affects office buildings in NYC or London.

Better to have gray, which will hide it. Black would be nice, but not yet available
Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Right! Where you live has a lot to do with how you option your vehicle. I feel like the lack of a white top and light color or white interior totally sucks for me. The Hawaiian sun is 1 1/2 times more intense than Florida so that makes it 1000 times worst than Michigan where the Bronco designers live lol. I also have zero use for heated seats and steering wheel, would love to have more options for us sun worshipers :)

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Someone mentioned on here that an MIC white roof would collect grime like an old white textured Coleman cooler. Another reason you're likely not to see one unless they find a good way to produce them with no texture.
Ya I agree it would need to be power washed more often to look its best

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I use Clorox Clean Up on old boats, it works wonders. I'm sure it would clean a white top.

Ford Bronco White MIC - hard to keep clean in polluted areas 1606163095328

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Right! Where you live has a lot to do with how you option your vehicle. I feel like the lack of a white top and light color or white interior totally sucks for me. The Hawaiian sun is 1 1/2 times more intense than Florida so that makes it 1000 times worst than Michigan where the Bronco designers live lol. I also have zero use for heated seats and steering wheel, would love to have more options for us sun worshipers :)
same here in AZ .... don't understand why with such a big market in the southwest cooled seats are not offered!

OP
OP

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can buy the Bimini top, you get the
same here in AZ .... don't understand why with such a big market in the southwest
same here in AZ .... don't understand why with such a big market in the southwest cooled seats are not offered!
Air conditioned seats - That’s a thing? What, like coolant lines into the chair and a radiator outside?

OP
OP

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Michigan winters are colder than your home freezer. Might be cold enough for storing the Covid vaccines outside, in the sunlight so that they don’t get TOO cold.

OP
OP

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
THAT is the invisible hand of capitalism in action.
20 years ago, some dude - “man, it’s so hot in here that my ass is raw from sweat. I wish this chair had a fan inside for my ass. Imma make that happen. People will pay me money for my breezy ass invention. “

and they did!

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're going to be riding around Hawaii, in a Bronco. I'm so jealous lol

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's the case now. Back in 07, I had an MKX that actually had cooled seats. They would get cool enough that you could use the lowest setting once they cooled down. Sometime after 07, Ford changed from cooled to ventilated seats. Ventilated is nowhere near as good.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's a lot of bad info about white mic tops here, and it seems to be from people who never had a white mic top so it's understandable. But having a mic white top is no different than any other. You wash it and it gets clean, just like any white vehicle. It's hard plastic, not a sponge at all.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

White painted modular top would work though. Should be metal, correct?

OP
OP

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There's a lot of bad info about white mic tops here, and it seems to be from people who never had a white mic top so it's understandable. But having a mic white top is no different than any other. You wash it and it gets clean, just like any white vehicle. It's hard plastic, not a sponge at all.
You need a place to wash it. I’m in NYC area. There’s black greasy crap all over from the air pollution. I’m about a half mile from the Lincoln Tunnel - the only way it gets worse is to actually be in the city.

Ain’t no driveways and hoses at my house. I’m in an 8-level parking garage and a 13 story apartment building.

it makes a lot more sense for me to stick to dark colors because otherwise the air pollution will just seep into the plastic. Think of a white brick 60s apartment building. That’s what’s going to happen without a way to wash it all the time.
Sponsored