Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you buy a white Bronco, you can now get a white top.
Maybe you need to buy 2 Broncos to get the white top then sell one.

Funny, Ford wont show it on their site - or any body colored tops on their site.
I dont know why they force you to buy a soft top to go with your hard top....

1608576586048.png
Get dual
Use soft top for now
Sell the white top for premium amount
Buy white top next year
Profit
Sponsored

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

According to B&P, not available on Base or two door. WTF, Ford?

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get dual
Use soft top for now
Sell the white top for premium amount
Buy white top next year
Profit
My thoughts exactly. I was leaning towards a white Bronc anyways...I am sure someone out there would pay for my white modular top to have the first Area51 with a white top!

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am once again confused why FORD would only offer Body Color Tops for the 4DR Bronco and NOT the 2DR Bronco. I surely hope this is another marketing OOPS, and they will fix this.
welcome to the world of frustrations

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd consider white with a white hard top and then wrap the body, leaving the roll bars white. If I dislike Cactus Gray in person I'll consider this, but I'm guessing it would be significantly cheaper to have the MIC top sanded and painted (or wrapped) white. Assuming I like Cactus Gray. Ford is making this harder than necessary. :rolleyes:
Are there any auto body folks on here that have thought about how difficult or easy it would be to paint the MIC top?

Sponsored

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there any auto body folks on here that have thought about how difficult or easy it would be to paint the MIC top?
I spoke with my body shop guy today. Obviously he hasn't seen the Bronco MIC top but he's painted a bunch of Jeep tops, including his. He said it can be up to $5000+ to paint the top depending on how much sanding is required to make it as smooth as the body. He is offering to give me a deal (my wife plays bumper cars fairly often) but I'm still thinking $3000 minimum.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you buy a white Bronco, you can now get a white top.
Maybe you need to buy 2 Broncos to get the white top then sell one.

Funny, Ford wont show it on their site - or any body colored tops on their site.
I dont know why they force you to buy a soft top to go with your hard top....

1608576586048.png
Well, they actually give you the option to ORDER a White top for an Oxford White (or other color-matching top). I think you failed to notice that when you order this top, it is the Modular Top that you will get, not the MIC top, which isn't available until this time next year.

Ford has directly told us that the Modular top will be a late delivery item, and that you can order it, but it will delay your build, until the top becomes available. Only then will your order be placed back into production (again, about a year from now)!!! I guess that this is the reason that when you select either this dual top option... or the Modular top option (only), it shows your build with NO TOP on the Bronco.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jesus wasn't white tho.
Well duh, that’s why you get a white one so you can paint him whatever color you fantasize.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, they actually give you the option to ORDER a White top for an Oxford White (or other color-matching top). I think you failed to notice that when you order this top, it is the Modular Top that you will get, not the MIC top, which isn't available until this time next year.

Ford has directly told us that the Modular top will be a late delivery item, and that you can order it, but it will delay your build, until the top becomes available. Only then will your order be placed back into production (again, about a year from now)!!! I guess that this is the reason that when you select either this dual top option... or the Modular top option (only), it shows your build with NO TOP on the Bronco.
It doesn't show a top because of incompetence
The Canadian bronco build site shows the tops

Ford Bronco WHITE TOP AVALIABLE - (...with white) vehicle (4)

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with my body shop guy today. Obviously he hasn't seen the Bronco MIC top but he's painted a bunch of Jeep tops, including his. He said it can be up to $5000+ to paint the top depending on how much sanding is required to make it as smooth as the body. He is offering to give me a deal (my wife plays bumper cars fairly often) but I'm still thinking $3000 minimum.
You can also cover the MIC top in Line-X ULTRA (very thin and color added) for about $800 to $900. It will likely cover the imperfections in the GEL, much easier, especially if you opt for a matte finish, like we probably have on our fender flares. If I do it, I will plan on also coating the fender flares at the same time, so the match is exact.
Sponsored