Sponsored

Who’s getting this 684 HP setup on their 2.3 Bronco????

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As long as I can finance it on a base model 2 door soft top!!! I need the 4.7 gearing with lockers too. Maybe a recipe for something in between these 2.
Ford Bronco Who’s getting this 684 HP setup on their 2.3 Bronco???? download (2)
Ford Bronco Who’s getting this 684 HP setup on their 2.3 Bronco???? download (1)

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
imagine what the 2.7 may be capable of...

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh man! You guys in the US get to have ALL THE FUN. Fucking Europe....
Yeah but you all get to do this madness. The most we ever do with rigs of this size is try to pull a sled 300ft at the fairgrounds.

I also hear eastern europe has a ton of offroading.
Ford Bronco Who’s getting this 684 HP setup on their 2.3 Bronco???? european-truck-racing-championship-history-of-the-race-940-01

Sponsored

Dr.G

Badlands
First Name
Gilberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are parts of Europe were there is awesome off roading... I live in Munich currently and here youll probably go to jail if you try to do something fun. Zee Germans dont fuck around.
I grew up in Fuerteventura though, little island in the Atlantic ocean, and my grandad had a sick Gen two bronco we used to race down the dirt roads which, up to this day, make up half the island. Good times.
I have been wanting a bronco since then. Almost 25 years waiting now.
Im afraid I still have a few years to go. Dont know if Ford will even sell the bronco here.
He also had a first gen mustang we used to wrench on together. Been wanting to buy a GT500 for a while now, but they go for 140 grand Euro here. I am afraid IF the bronco come to Europe will not be under 55 or so thousand Euros. We will see!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are parts of Europe were there is awesome off roading... I live in Munich currently and here youll probably go to jail if you try to do something fun. Zee Germans dont fuck around.
I grew up in Fuerteventura though, little island in the Atlantic ocean, and my grandad had a sick Gen two bronco we used to race down the dirt roads which, up to this day, make up half the island. Good times.
Im afraid I still have a few years to go. Dont know if Ford will even sell the bronco here.
He also had a first gen mustang we used to wrench on together. Been wanting to buy a GT500 for a while now, but they go for 140 grand Euro here. I am afraid IF the bronco come to Europe will not be under 55 or so thousand Euros. We will see!
So an island of classic broncos and mustangs in Europe. Sounds great to me. Maybe ask Chrispy if he can ship one there at a fare price. Then figure out your import legalities. Probably still cost ya a bit more but maybe less than through the network over there.

Dr.G

Badlands
First Name
Gilberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So an island of classic broncos and mustangs in Europe. Sounds great to me. Maybe ask Chrispy if he can ship one there at a fare price. Then figure out your import legalities. Probably still cost ya a bit more but maybe less than through the network over there.
Well, Its not a typical thing to do but my grandpa was a ford man through and through. Later on his life he could afford to buy a mustang and he did and managed to restore it pretty nicely (taking into consideration the canary islands are not great for parts). Then my asshat of an uncle sold it after grandpa passed away. The bronco was around for a while but he left it to rot close to the beach and was finally scrapped maybe 10 years ago.
I have considered the import route and its something I am looking into, lets wait and see what happens when the car come out.
Thanks!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad its an option, but I got a budget for bolt on's, not enforced blocks and stuff xD

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had my Chevy Avalanche when I lived in Germany. There were definitely places to do some illegal driving on forest roads. If you were lucky you could find some fresh logging area and do a bit of off roading. Just don't get caught! I had my German hunting license and would just say I was looking for an area to build a stand.

Lived in Bechhofen and worked at Landstuhl. Lots of cool countryside around that area.

Sponsored

teejayhoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I end up with a Bronco, I'll end up with something similar to that. Swapping a shortblock is an evening's work. Swapping a turbo, fuel pump, injectors? About the same. Doubling your HP and Torque in a weekend sounds good to me!

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can build all the horsepower and torque you want. Now the transmission can't handle the torque (broken reaction shells). Transfer cases can't handle it(broken cases). Driveshafts will twist into pretzels. The "U" joint cross shafts break. And the differentials overheat. Just a few things to think about when you want to "build or do" something crazy. The manufacturer only builds them to what their engineers say they will handle. (warranty).

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow. Its nice to know if you go 2.3 the ridiculous potential you have available if you want it. No V8 can be tuned and built so easily as these Ecoboost engines. Its awesome.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can build all the horsepower and torque you want. Now the transmission can't handle the torque (broken reaction shells). Transfer cases can't handle it(broken cases). Driveshafts will twist into pretzels. The "U" joint cross shafts break. And the differentials overheat. Just a few things to think about when you want to "build or do" something crazy. The manufacturer only builds them to what there engineers say they will handle. (warranty).
I don't have wings either, but I love jumping out of planes anyway. ;)

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your grandad had good taste
Sponsored