Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

37's are the biggest I'd go on that vehicle given the dimensions. I wouldn't trust the trans gearing or power with anything heavier out there. Not to mention the speedometer/odometer will be wrong.
Sponsored

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also would love to go true 37 hybrid type tire without having to go down the rabbit hole. If I could do that on a the factory 2 inch lift on a badlands without sasquatch I would be so happy. Am I just dreaming to think I could run 37x12.5 on stock badlands rims without needing to change a bunch of other stuff like tailgate? and without having to worry about any other geometry issues? I am probably dreaming. Plan is to go 35 inch ridge grapplers on stock badlands at the moment as my base case. But options appreciated. This is a toy for me. Low miles per year. Some offroad. Probably not a lot where I have to worry about full articulation etc.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

37's are the biggest I'd go on that vehicle given the dimensions. I wouldn't trust the trans gearing or power with anything heavier out there. Not to mention the speedometer/odometer will be wrong.
Yes, but the odometer would be in your favor. ?

CumminsWayne

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Ram CTD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going 37s but don't plan on going bigger. I may run the 35s for a few weeks. Not sure yet. I'm really thinking about not adding the 2in lift at first and just see if it rubs. If it does then I will. The 35s are MTs and I don't care for MTs. My plan is to run TOYO open country RTs
Same here, going to see if I can fit 37 Toyo RTs just on the Squatch without extra lift. If so then I’ll be a happy camper!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah why get the sasquatch if your going to lift it ,a 2in lift might require changing alot of the parts you just paid 5000 for.
Mine will have 37s just trying to figure best way to get the other parts i need ,lockers ect.

Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Milestar Patagonia MT has a REALLY nice 38" BSW!
I run these on a lightweight samurai and they do simply okay. Great traction, quiet tire, but put them on something heavier like a Jeep (or Bronco) and they start wearing quickly, no matter the care, alignment or pressure. I will buy a bigger set for the Samurai soon, but wouldn’t dream of installing these on anything else. They also look great. If they just worked out the engineering/.formulation they would wonderful.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watch this piss in people's Cheerios... I would prefer a 2in Body Lift to clear 37s.........?
You might be on to something, a 2" body lift might not be too bad, especially if you have the Badlands or Sasquatch setup already. I would not go any higher than 2" for a body lift.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might be on to something, a 2" body lift might not be too bad, especially if you have the Badlands or Sasquatch setup already. I would not go any higher than 2" for a body lift.
I wouldn't go higher than a 2" body lift either and will, coincidentally, be purchasing a Badlands.

Sponsored

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since there hasn't been a wheel / tire post all day, I thought this deserved a bump. We may as well speculate how we can squeeze 37's on with minimal effort. Any other thoughts?

I'm not against a small body lift, puck kit, etc if that was all it takes on a badlands or similar suspension. I'm going badlands. I think I'm almost certainly not going Squatch for the previous reasons stated. So 37s would give an extra inch of ground clearance and potentially add an inch of rub on the top end/fender. And did I mention look completely bad ass?

I'm willing to get creative but would like to start with the smallest amount of mods possible.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since there hasn't been a wheel / tire post all day, I thought this deserved a bump. We may as well speculate how we can squeeze 37's on with minimal effort. Any other thoughts?

I'm not against a small body lift, puck kit, etc if that was all it takes on a badlands or similar suspension. I'm going badlands. I think I'm almost certainly not going Squatch for the previous reasons stated. So 37s would give an extra inch of ground clearance and potentially add an inch of rub on the top end/fender. And did I mention look completely bad ass?

I'm willing to get creative but would like to start with the smallest amount of mods possible.
I think you should just go with the factory 2” lift and fender flares. You might need a New wheel with a small offset to push the center of the wheel out just a bit. -12 and -18 backspace are pretty common (the resulting 1/2” to 3/4” offset will push out the wheel, giving more clearance to the wheel well and supports).

Based on the 17 x 8.5 rims available on most Bronco models, the back of the wheels hub will now be about 4.2 to 4.0 To the mounting plate. Anyhow, cost for wheels, but not fir a lift. Also, the wheel spacing would Be 6 x 139.7 (typical Ford Ranger).

You can get ideas of design and cost, on Black Rhino Wheels.

Last edited:

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they will go with the factory 2” lift and fender flares. You might need a New wheel with a small offset to push the center if the wheel out just a bit. -12 and -18 backspace are pretty common (the resulting 1/2” to 3/4” offset will push out the wheel, giving more clearance to the wheel well and supports).

Based on the 17 x 8.5 rims available on most Bronco models, the back of the wheels hub will be about 4.2 to 4.0 To the mounting plate. Anyhow, cost for wheels, but not fir a lift. Also, the wheel spacing would Be 6 x 139.7 (typical Ford Ranger).

You can get ideas of design snd vost, on Black Rhino Wheels.
Yeah 2 inch factory lift seems like it would accommodate easy enough. Big question is whether that factory lift is a full two inches higher than the badlands suspension or if it's less.

Offset is a fair point. 37x12.5 shouldn't have any offset issues that a 35x12.5 wouldn't have, right? If so, a set of good spacers could cure that as well. I really want to keep the factory wheels if possible. That's a lot to ask I know.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah 2 inch factory lift seems like it would accommodate easy enough. Big question is whether that factory lift is a full two inches higher than the badlands suspension or if it's less.

Offset is a fair point. 37x12.5 shouldn't have any offset issues that a 35x12.5 wouldn't have, right? If so, a set of good spacers could cure that as well. I really want to keep the factory wheels if possible. That's a lot to ask I know.
I also plan on Badlands. I’m pretty sure that the stadard Badland suspension is 1.2”. That said I think you would need either the Sasq or the stand-alone 2” lift to make it work with 37’s.
Sponsored