Sponsored

Who bought a 6g Bronco just because was the "in" thing to do?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone who didn’t reserve in the first 6 months and paid an ADM to get one instead of waiting
nah, it's anyone that didn't reserve in the first couple days. The hype train became massive even after day 2.
Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because all the cool kids are getting one, why can’t I?

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What a silly judgmental thread to start.

Is someone who ordered a basesquatch 2D with 7MT on day one somehow superior to someone who ordered a OBX 4D with Auto?

So what is someone making $500K/year pays a 25K ADM. How does that make them more or less of a Bronco owner?

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ever since I saw a rendering I wanted one. I was humming and hawing about putting a reservation down. Time went by and then I started reading more and more and hearing the night mares that where happening. Missed out on a couple and finally found a canceled order. Waited 6 months and it was basically everything I wanted 2.7 hardtop leather seats. But it was blue I wanted black or cactus gray. I Sold my truck the day I got my bronco and sadly I’m selling my bronco and picking up a 2022 larait BAP. Drove the bronco for 1000kms and it cool and all but there’s not enough room in the back. One road trip was all it took for me to want my supercrew cab back.
How much stuff do you need to haul for a road trip?

I saw a family of four that drove 7000 miles in their Bronco at the Ford's Garage meetup. They had plenty of room and room to spare. Also were incredibly nice and informative, by the by.

Just has me curious what you're actually taking with you.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bought because I wanted it. Was an initial reservation holder and wtd almost two years to get. Is it cool to have, yes. But it isn't why I got it.

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Always wanted a first generation Bronco, but the restored ones are outrageously priced, and the basket case ones are outrageously priced. Waaaaaay back when Ford teased the concept Bronco I prayed they would follow through. My 2D BL was reserved and ordered out of pure unadulterated desire. I could not be happier after taking delivery.
Ditto

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My22 is my 3rd Bronco (79 and 95EB) I have also owned 3 wranglers. For me its the style of vehicle that I like, In my younger years I did a ton of off-roading now not as much as here in PA there is not many "free open areas" to go to due to frivolous lawsuits by idiots that should not be 4wheelen

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t follow the “in” thing for anything in life let alone a vehicle. I would have bought a Bronco even if no one else was interested in it. Why - because I wanted one!

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good question for Facebook

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Bronco Nation?
Funny. Back when I had an ‘84 Carrera, the Porsche Club meetings were a house divided, they would immediately split into the dressed up wine and cheese group and the jeans and Tshirts club racing / performance group, with the concourse people reigning supreme over the wine and cheese crowd.

It gums up and overprices the system now, but the Jeep people learned long ago that the posers buy a lot of volume, which keeps the Wrangler in production so the actual enthusiasts have new very capable vehicles to purchase.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got mine to look cooler and make more friends 😂

seriously, why is there a thread judging if someone is a true enthusiast rather than just wanting a Bronco because it’s “new”? Who cares?

Should we make that assumption based on B6g join date? If so, OP is just a trend following newbie while many others have been here since the 6g Bronco was only a concept.

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bought it because I wanted a 2-door, manual transmission, 4wd convertible that I’d also enjoy driving on paved roads. What else qualified?
”In thing to do”? Haha! I just finished 17 solid, consistent years in a 6-speed MT Jeep Liberty. That SUV was NEVER the “in thing”- even when new- but I loved it.

LarryBirdsFace

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I admit I didn't even know about any of the release stuff.

I don't generally follow that stuff, new car releases or whatever from any company until I see them on the road.

I needed a new car and wanted something that would make my family enjoing doing more stuff, not sitting at home or buying useless stuff, so naturally I started looking at Jeeps.

But my wife uses a wheel chair and walker and when I went to test drive Jeeps I couldn't close the swing gate without standing her wheelchair upright. Easy enough for me to do, but if she ever drove it herself it would be tough for her to do.

A friend of mine said "have you checked out the new Broncos?" and I thought he meant the sport, being all I had seen. He said "no, no. The big one" and then I checked them out and was all in. I liked it better than the Jeep instantly, and placed my order and waited for it to arrive, and have absolutely used it for some offroading and gotten the family out and done a lot more things.
Sponsored