Sponsored

Who else got in on Ford stock a few months ago?

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I have never really done much with the stock market - but when the Bronco launched back on 7/23, I decided to invest in some Ford stock, and am glad I did- it's up almost 35% since then, and continues to perform well - helping me to increase my down payment for my new truck :)
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never really done much with the stock market - but when the Bronco launched back on 7/23, I decided to invest in some Ford stock, and am glad I did- it's up almost 35% since then, and continues to perform well - helping me to increase my down payment for my new truck :)
I bought 100 just to get in on X-Plan...then bought a few more (3000) when I saw the way it had been rolling up and down. I got in at 7, so it's been really good. I have a sell set at 10, but may re-look that.

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here. I bought about $1,000 worth a few months back. Its doing really good right now. I think it has a lot more room before topping off

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for rubbing it in..... I bought back when they were high and as soon as it went to $10 I purchased so I still lost money?

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same here. Enjoying knowing the naysayers are internally disappointed with themselves.

Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm about even at $9.50 when I bought it 3 years ago. The one I'm kicking myself over is the specialized steel company that makes the steel roof structure for the Bronco; ArcelorMittal SA.

That one is doing quite nicely.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought about $5k when it went down to $5 in March. Wish I would have bought Party City stock instead when it was $0.27. It's at $5 now. I'd be able to buy two Broncos in cash.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought my 100 shares hoping for X-Plan. Got that rug pulled out from under me. Gonna hold on to the stock.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've had Ford stock for a while. I've made money on it. Ford does need to get somethings figured out before it rises much more though.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I asked this question in October, it’s funny now to read what certain members posted about how buying the Ford stock is a bad idea.
Original Oct post on Ford stock

This is what I asked...

I think the Ford company in 2021 sees a bump in financials largely due to the new Bronco. So who else is going to or planning to purchase Ford stock? Some of you are doing it for the x-plan benefit but I am talking about purchases for profit? In about six hours I will.
Some replies to that post...

For my money, historical returns say no.
I've toyed with the idea since last November, but ultimately decided it's not a sound investment
One good product does not necessarily equate an investable company....
you would have better luck flushing your money down the toilet.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
really wish I didn't need to buy a new DD, (86 bronco) a few months ago, I could've invested about 7500 or so, I only put in 500 instead, it has nearly doubled since my buy in at 4 bucks,

really mad I delayed buying into Waitr back in February, if I had bought in when I said I was going to, I'd have cleared about 50k, would've paid for the 21 Mach 1 almost outright.

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here. Enjoying knowing the naysayers are internally disappointed with themselves.
Not really. I was a naysayer and almost sold when they said no x-plan but held because whatever, it was only around 600 or so i put into it. But, back to the point, the 30% it has yielded for me is still middle of the pack for everything else i bought this year. So really you are enjoying nothing cuz its still very meh, either way, whatever.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unrelated to the Bronco I bought some @$9.20 this week. I think their commercial division is really well positioned to leverage telematics in commercial fleet management. The new F150 is actually better than Inhad anticipated and looks to grow commercial/fleet sales there too. If they can pull off the quality and warranty improvement gals and continue to reduce costs, they could come out in late 2021 and 2022 really strong. Interesting topic.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I asked this question in October, it’s funny now to read what certain members posted about how buying the Ford stock is a bad idea.
Original Oct post on Ford stock

This is what I asked...

Some replies to that post...

My overall portfolio is over 42% YTD, so if you're happy with your investments, I'm happy with mine. I see Ford is almost back to where it was a year ago. Get back to us at your 1yr, 3yr, and 5yr mark and see if it's any better than it's historical performance. Hopefully it is.

Last edited:

Regan

Wildtrak
First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murano and 08 chev Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, bought 200 so I could get X Plan, bought at $6.90, probably has performed better than the rest of portfolio! Happy accident. No X Plan, but may help when time to purchase....
Sponsored