Who else got in on Ford stock a few months ago?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
I bought $500 at around 7.50 and have put another $50 in every month since. So far Im up about $200. Very happy. Wish I would have done it 2 month earlier but I literally had no money and was unemployed so that didnt happen. I have been casually and not often financially involved in stocks since the mid 90s. I have seen alot since then. I'm not expert nor do I have that big of a stake in anything. I once had a profile of up to 10,000 but took that down to 600 after years of going to Ekoostik Hookah shows and building beater 4x4s and hotrods. This year I have brought it back to $2000 to save for my wife and mines retirement. Half of that is in Ford. I have a feeling that Ford (long term) is positioned to come back up to the $20-30 range and beyond depending on if the Telsa balloon pops. I feel like Ford electric is going to be the SBC of this century. So I am hopeful and will be more than happy to ride the wave.

Advertisement

Nickp

Base
Staff member
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
I bought about $5k when it went down to $5 in March. Wish I would have bought Party City stock instead when it was $0.27. It's at $5 now. I'd be able to buy two Broncos in cash.
I had 12 shares of Tesla that I sold for my house down payment.... in April 2019. For $2kish.

Right now those same shares are worth like $35k. lol.

Midnight Blue

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Accord
I too believe Ford stock will pop in 2021/22 when the Bronco revenue starts hitting the books. Sure, one vehicle does not make an automaker a good investment, but the F series and commercial fleet businesses at Ford are humming and the Bronco represents an entirely new revenue stream that seems to me like solid gold for years, maybe decades.

The only thing is, when will that Bronco revenue finally begin to hit the books, because there are better investments until then, if you’re into that sort of thing. For me, I started buying Ford a bit early (Feb 2020 at $8) after watching it all of 2019 and waiting to see if the Bronco would ever have an affect on share price, and kept buying down to $5 in late-March 2020. I won’t be selling until my cost basis doubles and even then I’ll only sell half, because that’s what I do. I think that could happen in the next year or two, and maybe even triple in the next five years, but what do I, or anyone, know about the future.

2020 was a great year to start investing in the market. I learned a lot and poured jet fuel into my retirement. And Ford was my gateway drug.

broadicustomworks

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Apache, 20 Z71 Silverado, 06 VTX1300, 04 Cobra
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Got 110 shares so far all in at $6.65 each. Every time it gets to 10 I am happy, hoping it will climb on up (and eventually will with some tings coming down the pipe in the next year or two).
Kind of hoping it drops back down first so I can get in more at a sub-$6 range.

long_road

Badlands
First Name
TR
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2dr Badlands (Reservation)
Ha, so I'm not the only one! I bought 500 shares when they were around $5 bucks a pop.

At the moment, it's far and above the shining star in my portfolio (Amazon and Netflix are doing nothing for me of late...)

I'm sure I'll wait it out too long and it'll drop back down to nothing... such is my track record with "investments".

Advertisement

Advertisement