Sponsored

Who else got in on Ford stock a few months ago?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought $500 at around 7.50 and have put another $50 in every month since. So far Im up about $200. Very happy. Wish I would have done it 2 month earlier but I literally had no money and was unemployed so that didnt happen. I have been casually and not often financially involved in stocks since the mid 90s. I have seen alot since then. I'm not expert nor do I have that big of a stake in anything. I once had a profile of up to 10,000 but took that down to 600 after years of going to Ekoostik Hookah shows and building beater 4x4s and hotrods. This year I have brought it back to $2000 to save for my wife and mines retirement. Half of that is in Ford. I have a feeling that Ford (long term) is positioned to come back up to the $20-30 range and beyond depending on if the Telsa balloon pops. I feel like Ford electric is going to be the SBC of this century. So I am hopeful and will be more than happy to ride the wave.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought about $5k when it went down to $5 in March. Wish I would have bought Party City stock instead when it was $0.27. It's at $5 now. I'd be able to buy two Broncos in cash.
I had 12 shares of Tesla that I sold for my house down payment.... in April 2019. For $2kish.

Right now those same shares are worth like $35k. lol.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got 33.544 shares when they were like $5-6

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got 110 shares so far all in at $6.65 each. Every time it gets to 10 I am happy, hoping it will climb on up (and eventually will with some tings coming down the pipe in the next year or two).
Kind of hoping it drops back down first so I can get in more at a sub-$6 range.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ha, so I'm not the only one! I bought 500 shares when they were around $5 bucks a pop.

At the moment, it's far and above the shining star in my portfolio (Amazon and Netflix are doing nothing for me of late...)

I'm sure I'll wait it out too long and it'll drop back down to nothing... such is my track record with "investments".

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well, I've doubled what I put in. question is do I sell now? it's only right around $1100. But I don't know that it'll climb up much more, or at least not as quickly.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

well, I've doubled what I put in. question is do I sell now? it's only right around $1100. But I don't know that it'll climb up much more, or at least not as quickly.
Don't sell yet. This should be a good year for Ford even with the mismanagement of the Bronco launch. The stock will continue to rise as long as Ford keeps pushing electrification/hybrids.

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jumped out of cash into several buy-holds in March, including $F at $4.20. Trading at $11.25 currently. Anyone get $KSS AT $11.00? It'strading $44.60 today. Too many to list...So far, so good.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had bought 5100 at $7.04 and set a sell for $10.00....I wish I had set it a little bit higher, but the stock had been rolling, so I thought I would jump in and out a few times. Still not bad...wish I had bought more....but that's always easy to say. I set a buy for $8.50, so we'll see if it ever comes back and gets triggered.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bought at 4ish in March and closed at 10ish yesterday. I'm holding and waiting for the dividend to return unless it would get up around 15 or 20. I'll sell the majority but not all then lol

Sponsored

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have about 1500 shares of Ford with an average price of $9 or so. My original intent was to buy it for the dividend, which was over 5% at the time, and keep it in my retirement portfolio as in income producing stock. Obviously that plan died! I do agree that Ford has a bright future with the Lyft partnership, Rivian investment, and expanded focus on electric vehicles, so we'll see what I do with the stock.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I set a limit sale on half my shares (tiny amount) at $11.20 this morning. The Google announcement and earnings pop might bump against that number soon. 25% in 2 months isn't bad. I will hold the rest, just for fun with a limit set around $17 (a couple of analysts set a $17 target based on some of the commercial and electrification projects coming to market) for half of the remaining, then keep my remaining shares for X plan, because at some point, I will loose my Z plan.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I would never set a stop-gain limit. Only stop-loss limits. During a run-up, I prefer to let it run unchecked and only sell when *I* want to sell, not when a limit gets triggered. I have a pretty quick trigger finger when booking profits, but I don't like leaving money on the table.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bought it there, to get the X-plan...

Amazon though 💪💪great job with earnings 🍻🍻 just sayin

someone on here said i was stupid and could have just bought a mustang club membership 😂😂 think he’s just butt hurt He spent money while i made $$ 😂👍

Ford Bronco Who else got in on Ford stock a few months ago? 87A50D45-D81A-4D82-889B-37E494DD3C7B
Sponsored

Last edited: