Sponsored

Who else has a spouse that indulges you and your automotive obsessions?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread. But my wife is an amazing woman who not only built the cabin we live in but almost always supports my automotive dreams and ideas. She just gave me part of my birthday present early, a nice new Flexfit Bronco hat and Maverick shirt to remind me of the hotrod I left on the mainland to come find her. The other part of it is a 20 ton shop press we will be getting in the next week or so.
Ford Bronco Who else has a spouse that indulges you and your automotive obsessions? IMG_3844[821]s

Batman (our dog) approves!

Does anyone else have as amazing a spouse as I have? Share your stories of your enabler.
Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am fortunate to have a wife that indulges and participates in all of my 2 wheel and 4 wheel obsessions. She is my trail buddy and will get out and walk sections (and take pictures) when she is too scared to ride. She rocks!!!

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife makes all the money AND let's me spend it. I'm the poor kid who wont spend a dime. She nudges me when necessary, knowing I wont abuse the privilege. It's a healthy approach.

Not to mention she still has sex with me.

I'm not sure how I landed this gig!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thankfully, I have a wife that pushed for me to turbo my LJ wrangler, was onboard in buying an offroad camper and is wanting a Badsquatch to replace her GC traighawk.

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome everybody! My wife is onboard with me building an old rusty horse trailer with the cage top mounted on an old ranger bed. It will be setup for our RTT and annex since we use our 96 for hauling lumber on its rack alot. She is also behind my plans to combine our old V8 ZJ with our 1980 AMC Eagle for our alternate beach vehicle. I do all the welding, fab, earthmoving, and car work around here. She built the cabin and keeps expanding it all while beating cancers but.

Sponsored

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently single life....but... would very much appreciate someone who is patient with me for track days and garage nights with the cobra... also someone who would be stoked to jump on in the Bronco and dissapear for a long weekend of backcountry overlanding..... as long as they don’t expect to drive. ? Jk. Congrats on your spouses. That kind of support and encouragement is a rarity. And awesome! I applaud your wives/husbands! ?

Last edited:

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, not so lucky in general. My husband thinks my car obsession is dumb. But one night we were drinking and he said something like “the two door Bronco looks sweet. If I were getting a Bronco that’s the one I’d get.” Two minutes later I reserved a 2d Black Diamond ?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm happy to hear others has a wife/husband like mine. She knew of my "gear head" ways going in, and she has been very supportive over the last 43 years. She's even gotten into it herself as she has driven Mustang GT's since 2010. What a woman. She has already given the go ahead for a new Bronco, but I think she knows it's going to be like 2 years before I can go into the showroom, sit down, and order one. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, not so lucky in general. My husband thinks my car obsession is dumb. But one night we were drinking and he said something like “the two door Bronco looks sweet. If I were getting a Bronco that’s the one I’d get.” Two minutes later I reserved a 2d Black Diamond ?
And that's how it's done Jeff. Grab the opportunity at once before he can change his mind. :)

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My wife has a masters in finance and is the most frugal person I've ever been around.

But she's fine with my 3 vehicles. Truck because of all the room, Jeep because the kids ADORE going for rides in that POS and that makes her smile, and my GTO because it's scary AF when I give it the beans, and that makes her smile even bigger.

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome everybody! My wife is onboard with me building an old rusty horse trailer with the cage top mounted on an old ranger bed. It will be setup for our RTT and annex since we use our 96 for hauling lumber on its rack alot. She is also behind my plans to combine our old V8 ZJ with our 1980 AMC Eagle for our alternate beach vehicle. I do all the welding, fab, earthmoving, and car work around here. She built the cabin and keeps expanding it all while beating cancers but.
Your wife sounds like an amazing woman MavrickMan. I am convinced that us men wouldn’t have made it this far without our better halves!

My wife is also encouraging me to indulge myself with a new a Bronco. Though she might change her mind when she finds out how many upgrades I plan to get haha.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife doesn't like all the classic vehicles I aquire. She is over the moon that I am getting a brand new Ford. Her exact words " You mean it wont be older than you!?"

1968 Fairlane Cobra R code
1968 4 door Torino 302

20180910_100423.jpg

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife doesn't like all the classic vehicles I aquire. She is over the moon that I am getting a brand new Ford. Her exact words " You mean it wont be older than you!?"

1968 Fairlane Cobra R code
1968 4 door Torino 302

Ford Bronco Who else has a spouse that indulges you and your automotive obsessions? 20180910_100423
That kind of garage view is easy to admire. Over 3/4 of the vehicles ive owed were older than myself.