Sponsored

Who else has a spouse that indulges you and your automotive obsessions?

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife’s is generally supportive. The only thing she is still not supporting is me getting a 65 427 cobra. Thinks it is stupid to buy a car that you cannot drive much of the year. This is one where I am going to buy it and ask for forgiveness later.
Sponsored

BillyGoat

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Taurus Ltd. - Company Sled & Wife’s Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reserved mine before asking for permission :oops:. We are mid-life newly weds, so I tested some untreded waters of our financial boundaries. And other than her purse collection, she is pretty frugal. Showed her pics of the truck and the overland adventures we will share, and she immediately went to the Ford site and started picking colors. Phew! She’s just as excited as I am and now she can’t wait to drive it.

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait, let me get this straight. Your wife built the place you live in, supports your Bronco obsession AND you get to live in Maui.

You sir , win the Internetz for the day!

?
I am super lucky, we have actually had rough couple years with health issues and now the pandemic, but I made up a saying the other day. Fat on my waist and a smile on my face, must be doing alright.
We have found the best way to get through the hard times is to keep dreaming forward. She has been unable to work steadily for 18 months and just this last month has gad the energy to do much, but ofcourse with the virus and her immune system she cant be working with people right now. But we are trying to figure out other options for her. My farmstand at Twin Falls has been closed since march, but hope to open in september. We are very fortunate that unemployment has kept us going out here. But this has given us time to spend more time together, improving our land, and getting to the beach. We totally rebuilt our shop. I took it from 12x12 to 20x36. Now I can get serious about restoring our Eagle. They rusty Eagle that she let me buy sight unseen before we flew to the mainland to drive it cross country, with only 4 days of prep and some maintenence that an old buddy performed before we got there. I love the Motor Trend channels but its funny I never see the Roadkill guys wives out there on the side of the road with them. Josi and I walked about a half mile of South Dakota highway at night in the fall after we lost a trim piece seeing how fast the old 110 hp Eagle would go. 89 mph was all it had. We found the trim piece and old hawk feather that we still have.

Lifes memories are so much better with her in them.

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife’s is generally supportive. The only thing she is still not supporting is me getting a 65 427 cobra. Thinks it is stupid to buy a car that you cannot drive much of the year. This is one where I am going to buy it and ask for forgiveness later.
Just get snow tires and thick hat!

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wife and I have been together for almost 30 yrs. Been through thick and thin. One thing I will say is we don't have a room full of shoes. :ROFLMAO: The other week she said she wanted a "pillow stand" for her tablet to set on when she is laying in bed playing her games. She searched for weeks to find one and when she did I asked why she didn't buy it she said, "Well, I thought I would find one cheaper" I replied, "You have been looking for weeks !! Just go buy the damn thing" :ROFLMAO: That said when I started talking about getting the Bronc she asked what we were going to do with the Explorer ?? I replied "Sell it". Two days later she said, I talked to the lady at the bank and we crunched some numbers and we came up with a nice chunk of change to get a Bronc so we can keep the Explorer. God bless her !!! Guess she really likes the Explorer. Wouldn't trade her for anything. Even though I have scared her on many occasions in the Jeep or in the 'stang, she will still get in a go for a ride.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am super lucky, we have actually had rough couple years with health issues and now the pandemic, but I made up a saying the other day. Fat on my waist and a smile on my face, must be doing alright.
We have found the best way to get through the hard times is to keep dreaming forward. She has been unable to work steadily for 18 months and just this last month has gad the energy to do much, but ofcourse with the virus and her immune system she cant be working with people right now. But we are trying to figure out other options for her. My farmstand at Twin Falls has been closed since march, but hope to open in september. We are very fortunate that unemployment has kept us going out here. But this has given us time to spend more time together, improving our land, and getting to the beach. We totally rebuilt our shop. I took it from 12x12 to 20x36. Now I can get serious about restoring our Eagle. They rusty Eagle that she let me buy sight unseen before we flew to the mainland to drive it cross country, with only 4 days of prep and some maintenence that an old buddy performed before we got there. I love the Motor Trend channels but its funny I never see the Roadkill guys wives out there on the side of the road with them. Josi and I walked about a half mile of South Dakota highway at night in the fall after we lost a trim piece seeing how fast the old 110 hp Eagle would go. 89 mph was all it had. We found the trim piece and old hawk feather that we still have.

Lifes memories are so much better with her in them.
I hate this pandemic and what it’s done to people’s jobs and health. You and your wife sound like the best kind of people with positive attitudes and I’m sending lots of positive vibes your way! This time next year we will all be enjoying the sun with the tops down and our favorite people beside us!! Stay healthy and happy friend! ❤

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just wish I could afford one of them. IOM the quintessential muscle car NOTHING compares to a 65 427 Cobra ........ RIP Carroll

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have an obsession exactly. But I have always wanted a solid SUV. It's more an obsession with travel, and venture, and just getting outside. A Bronco will just facilitate that. Had been looking at importing and old Land Cruiser from Japan or Defender from Europe. I was pretty excited when the Bronco finally came along. When I was showing my wife the differences between the Big Bend and the Black Diamond she pointed to the Badlands and said "why not that one?" She figured if we're spending that much might as well indulge a bit. She's happier spending that much on a new truck then spend a little less on an old Defender that will, likely, be a disaster. Ha. She likes airbags too.

We've spent many years together working hard and being frugal. I met her when she was just starting med school. She put in a ton of work to become a surgeon and I put in a ton of long days to help pay the bills, pay for school, and, most importantly, finish med school and residency debt-free. Most don't. A lot of sacrifices on both sides. I'd work 12 hours a day... Come home and handle the chores so she could work 4 more hours at home after s 36 hour shift. It was a wild time.

We are in our mid-thirties... In the past two years we've finally been living comfortably. We've only ever owned clunkers. She said she wants to buy this for us but mostly for me.

Truly honoured to have her in my life.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just wish I could afford one of them. IOM the quintessential muscle car NOTHING compares to a 65 427 Cobra ........ RIP Carroll
Preach it! I grew up with a blue 427 Cobra.....
..... on my toy shelf ?

Nice to hear everyones stories about the people that make up their lives.

Sponsored

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife loves cars with me. She loves Mustangs and wanted one forever. She complains when I drive ours without her but she’s too scared to drive it herself ??‍♂ And she always points out Raptors to me on the highway. lol

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My wife puts up with me. :) She gets it, but definitely is responsible for keeping me centered. Otherwise I'd have another 427 Cobra kit in the garage right now! :)

But instead, I've been working on this baby the past couple weeks.

1595275505097.png

IMG_20200801_073841_488.jpg

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your wife sounds like an amazing woman MavrickMan. I am convinced that us men wouldn’t have made it this far without our better halves!

My wife is also encouraging me to indulge myself with a new a Bronco. Though she might change her mind when she finds out how many upgrades I plan to get haha.

Ain't that the truth Dale. I tell people if it wasn't for my wife I would be living under a bridge somewhere. :)

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ain't that the truth Dale. I tell people if it wasn't for my wife I would be living under a bridge somewhere. :)
You joke but as a guy who has lived in a van under a bridge by more than one different rivers, that is absolutely a true statement for me. When I met Josi she said she lived in a 12x16 cabin that she built. I was thinking thats not a bad step up from the van I was currently living in. 5 years later I feel like im living a life of lavish luxury, once I finish the shop this week I will post some pics of our splendor.

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great thread! My wife can drive a stick, has her own motorcycle, and likes guns too! I think she is more excited about the new Bronco than me. Wants those doors and roof off and lets go exploring!! Shares my passions what more could you ask for?
Ford Bronco Who else has a spouse that indulges you and your automotive obsessions? 015A7F9A-5390-4154-BAE5-E764F762C559
Sponsored