Sponsored

Who else has a spouse that indulges you and your automotive obsessions?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife knew I wanted a Bronco - I have prepped that plan for about 2 years - changing my desktop image to a Bronco - just to set expectation with a daily reminder.

She indulges me in my hobbies and interests. When the reveal happened she had the credit card out to reserve and said the Badlands sounded like the best fit. Who am I to argue?

That being said, she freaks when there are objects in the road when I'm driving so I started showing her some off-road videos to desensitize her to trail-driving...
Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, I no longer have a gatekeeper, er wife that I have to convince or get the approval for things I want to buy with my own hard earned money.

I indulge myself whenever I want to ;)

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not that my husband needs my permission to spend money how heā€™d like, but I totally support him spending money on vehicles! In fact, often times, I encourage him to! Umm, hello, Iā€™m benefiting from it too! šŸ˜† I have an appreciation for vehicles, just as my husband does. His dream car growing up was a classic Mustang. Since high school, my dream vehicle was a 1st generation Bronco. He got a ā€˜68 Fastback that he restored, and I happily get to drive it whenever I want! We finally got the opportunity to buy a ā€˜70 Bronco and restore it. He asked if I wanted a BMW or for him to restore the Bronco, and I chose the Bronco. (I truly think he was testing me šŸ˜‚). He restored the Bronco for me, and although I pick on him and remind him that itā€™s mine all the time, I consider it to be his too. But shhhh, donā€™t tell him that! šŸ™‚

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the first vehicle purchase Iā€™ve ever really cared about. All previous purchases were more about utility than anything else. To be honest, Iā€™m surprised bordering on shocked that I got sucked in like this.

Sponsored

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch; 737
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the crazy-hot matrix, my better half is a unicorn. Raised as the son her trucker father never had, she was working on motors & transes and polishing aluminum since she was 8. At the same time, she's a total hotty and I am blessed beyond what I deserve to have her in my life.

When I had a break in aviation and went trucking, she was totally into it and helped out with everything. Broke down in July in Phoenix with a bad O-ring in a clutch fan, I monkeyed with manually tying it in for 30 minutes (had to sit on the front steer tire of a '79 Kenworth Cabover, reach ahead of the motor and behind the radiator - kind of tight - kept dropping the damn bolts) when she finally asked if I was ready for her to get it done. 2 bolts and 5 minutes later, she had the fan clutch manually tied in (tiny hands help!)

She originally wanted a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, but after one test drive of a 2 door Bronco and she was hooked. I told her once I was retired from the military and established at an airline (and off probationary pay) she would get the new vehicle she definitely deserved...so a '21 Badlands Bronco with the Sasquatch package it was.

Perhaps I'M the spouse that indulges in my better half's automotive obsessions!

Quiz

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife traded her Honda Pilot and took my Bronco build when it finally came in because I was too impatient and bought a 21 JLUR and now we have both. I really like the Jeep enough to not get rid of it but she knew how much I wanted that Bronco and we love it.

891C7E07-B6F3-4864-9355-A26C073786A0.jpeg

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife has little love for cars. But me, I will stop and stare. I have turned us around so I can see some classic car. I talk about them to the point where she thinks I should change careers. LoL! She is so supportive, and listens to all my complaints about this process. (Sept 2020 res. Still waiting). She knows I want one bad, she even wanted to pay a crazy ADM just so I would have one. But F#@$ that! I will wait for what I want. She definitely keeps me from spinning. Love that woman.

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine does but doesnā€™t let me forget it lol. She bought me a ā€˜50 dodge business coupe that we walked by for 5 years before it came up for sale. (Needs everything easily a 10 year project). When my super duty went in for a service bulletin and I got a loaner bronco for the night she strongly encouraged my to drop a deposit on one. So that led to the bronco in the driveway.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread. But my wife is an amazing woman who not only built the cabin we live in but almost always supports my automotive dreams and ideas. She just gave me part of my birthday present early, a nice new Flexfit Bronco hat and Maverick shirt to remind me of the hotrod I left on the mainland to come find her. The other part of it is a 20 ton shop press we will be getting in the next week or so.
Ford Bronco Who else has a spouse that indulges you and your automotive obsessions? FC1E6286-7868-4918-9D5B-9ACA0A5EAB1F

Batman (our dog) approves!

Does anyone else have as amazing a spouse as I have? Share your stories of your enabler.
You are one lucky dude. My (ex) wife never understood my passion for cars.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife let me buy an BMW M2 Competition about two years ago. Amazing car. Never had a car that would willingly smoke the tires when asked. It's a keep until the kids take the keys or I die car. So when she said she wanted a Bronco, it was appropriate that I said yes. We initially ordered an Outer Banks non Sas. Talked about lifting, bigger tires, etc. She said "you're going to be sorry if you don't get you want". Two days later changed order to Badlands w/ SAS. She's definitely not a car person, but we like many of the same things. Alreading planning a bucket list trip to Death Valley and Moab. We live in a senior community and our neighbors think we're crazy. :cool:

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, my wife has a MKZ a 2014 JKU I lifted for her and a 2013 Silverado that is the 5.3 with Flow masters. The jeep has to many mods to list. I have a 1999 Valkyrie, a 1996 bronco SAS on 40's a 2005 F-350 KRCCLB SS and my 2023 Badlands sasquatch. So,
Ford Bronco Who else has a spouse that indulges you and your automotive obsessions? working on cars
we share the addiction....
Sponsored