Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I auto start my truck twice I need to go get gas. Damn 2 doors.
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ya I suppose you cant really walk to anywhere and come back w/a can of electrons? What do EV owners do? Buy a really really really really long extension cord?
We don’t often push the limits. A completely dead battery can brick the $15k battery. I’m told that there is a 20 miles range when it hits 0 miles on my 2015 Model S but I’ve only run it down to below 20 miles a handful of times in 8 years. The beauty is it has a full charge every morning so it rarely has less than 80 miles of range. I don’t need it to go farther than the 140 miles to our lake home more than once a year and we have a diesel Range Rover with a 620 mile highway range. :)

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We don’t often push the limits. A completely dead battery can brick the $15k battery. I’m told that there is a 20 miles range when it hits 0 miles on my 2015 Model S but I’ve only run it down to below 20 miles a handful of times in 8 years. The beauty is it has a full charge every morning so it rarely has less than 80 miles of range. I don’t need it to go farther than the 140 miles to our lake home more than once a year and we have a diesel Range Rover with a 620 mile highway range. :)
Ya I get what a "responsible" person would do...but what actually physically happens to an EV when an irresponsible person runs it dead? So you gotta tow it somwhere to charge it and hope the battery isn't junk? As these things age, and get sold used, I'm sure we are going to see them in the hands of less responsible owners

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ya I get what a "responsible" person would do...but what actually physically happens to an EV when an irresponsible person runs it dead? So you gotta tow it somwhere to charge it and hope the battery isn't junk? As these things age, and get sold used, I'm sure we are going to see them in the hands of less responsible owners
Who said I was responsible? I've run out of fuel a dozen times in a car and a couple times in a boat. ;)

Sponsored

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who else has almost ran out of gas ⛽?

3EA12070-B55A-411F-A842-155F79865ED7.jpeg
I have a 2 door with the 2.7. I drove 2 miles after it read 0 miles and put 16 gallons in a 16.7 gallon tank. It isnt going to go too far after 0. When my F-250 says 0 miles to empty, it still has 4 gallons left. I just wish Ford would have put a bigger tank on it :(

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2 door with the 2.7. I drove 2 miles after it read 0 miles and put 16 gallons in a 16.7 gallon tank. It isnt going to go too far after 0. When my F-250 says 0 miles to empty, it still has 4 gallons left. I just wish Ford would have put a bigger tank on it :(
I've put 17.1gal in mine and it said I still had 5 miles left
FWIW you probably still had 1.5gal left

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Who else has almost ran out of gas ⛽? 54C6BDE5-2A96-4AA7-BB00-7D0E723B9BDB

got down to 5mi on my way to MT last summer. You can see the trip stats on the right.

it was 100% intentional to see how accurate my gas gauge was. I knew the mileage to the gas station and I saw the “range” the car thought I had left.

If everything went per my starting data, there should have been 20mi left when I arrived, but it got down to 5mi left.

I’ve gone below 10mi several times around town.

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Years ago I ran a Toyota Tundra (that my teenager drives now) out of gas. What makes it worse is I was headed home (apparently no intention of stopping to get gas). Thankfully I was close to home so neighbor friend brought a gas can but have no idea what I was thinking or how far I thought I was going on E

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel like any time I see premium at below 3.60 I pull over to refill. Makes me feel better not filling up max anyways with low cost.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Who else has almost ran out of gas ⛽? 54C6BDE5-2A96-4AA7-BB00-7D0E723B9BDB
Seems to me that with a working fuel gauge and audio and visual signals that suggest that you should fill your tank, that running out of fuel is about the dumbest thing a person can do.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems to me that with a working fuel gauge and audio and visual signals that suggest that you should fill your tank, that running out of fuel is about the dumbest thing a person can do.
The dumbest thing? Out of curiosity, have you met any people, by chance?

Mean Green Bronc Machine

Outer Banks
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

3EA12070-B55A-411F-A842-155F79865ED7.jpeg
*Raises hand* I have...several times, but I'm particular about where I get gas from. If I think I can make it, I'm going to Sam's club. I think my lowest was 3. I know for sure I was on 5 once, I just happened to look down and was like shit, because I was actually lost, out riding around just looking at Christmas decorations. However I do always fill up. So, there is no getting gas when I'm on half etc. I just get low then fill all the way up.
Sponsored