First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my dealer keeps telling me i'm in "unscheduled clean" status but at this point, we all know i'm getting bumped to a 2023. i'm just waiting for that phone call.

i'm not mad though, irritated yes... i figured placing an order in November 2021 would net me a bronco by November 2022. lol. wishful thinking I guess.
Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Went to my dealer today. I demanded to know the dealer's number of allocations and where I am in line, having asked repeatedly and never received an answer. He answered, "It doesn't matter", because, basically, there are so many configurations and the dealer never knows what it will get, it just delivers the ones they get. They got 9 last month, 2 Wildtracks and 2 BLs and 5 BBs. (I know the dealership has well over 250 orders, because I saw his order screen a couple of months ago. Don't know how many are delivered yet.) If you have a Wildrack or the constrained items, you wait longer. If I had ordered base, I would have it by now, but I have a BD/mod/tow/2.7. Ford won't give him any information and he wishes he had it because he gets a lot of ruffled folks like me coming in every day asking questions. He says that if I don't have VIN by this Thursday, I am DEFINITELY going into 2023 but don't lose my reservation "place in line" (Hahahahahahaha...sigh). At least he said I would be price protected (by the dealership, not Ford) so long as I don't change any options. He says he ordered a 2 DR Wildtrack early and doesn't have it yet. It is built and sitting at Blue Island awaiting chips. After build is complete, it starts a 6-week journey to Seattle and no firm delivery date will be assigned (as we now know is the no-longer-new normal). That's all he said. I don't know whether I need to affirmatively convert to 2023 when the bank opens in August, or whether it will automatically roll over. I guess I should have asked. I am wondering if I convert to a metal top (which I really would prefer) whether being one of the earlier 22 to 23 conversions will create a delivery advantage.

Tip (obvious) to those who are worried about inflated car loan rates when your ship comes in...If you can start saving each month what you would be paying on a car loan now, and at least earn a little interest on the money, it will offset the future pain somewhat.

Regardless of where the economy goes, I do not see overall demand collapsing for the Bronco, or it going the way of the FJ or the H3...yet. But the ADMs may evaporate slowly as people give up hope and/or gas prices make using it as a daily driver too costly. This will be more likely to happen and happen faster if Ford cuts corners on the 2023 model to speed up delivery. But I do think Ford could offer a "plain Jane" cockpit without the big dashboard screen stuff, and a lot of people would be happy with that, if it could be otherwise made to work. I just hate those things.
Wife ordered base 4 door hard top SAS 2.3, options were keypad, aux switches in 21, converted to 22 and crickets on it. Positive it will be converted to 23...did not use day one reservation on it. Did use day one reservation for raptor and nothing on it as well.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have always been excited and waiting for 23 since we heard the first heritage edition rumors, but with the supply shortage showing no signs of correction, the economy getting worse, and the general availability of Broncos (Or at least models and features that I want) being heavily constrained or unavailable... I have to say that excitement is slowly dying.

It's always a sad sight driving past my local Ford dealer and not seeing a single Bronco

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

New improvements is a fantasy, they can't even build the initial vehicle they designed in 2020. The 2023 will be removing features only in hopes they can start pushing them out easier and in higher volume at a higher price point because of the demand and backlog. If they offer painted hard tops that will knock you back at least a year. The 2023 Bronco will be the worst one they make, it will be gutted and easier to push more of them out with minimal functionality. I'd imagine under the hood they will cut some corners as well, and problems with the 2023s will tank their resale
value down the road.
First Editions, Early 22’s…. And Braptors.

Those are the solidest broncos in all likelihood thus far; as per my made up logic.

B_Dmatt

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

my question is are you locked in on pricing for your '22 if the '23 goes up in price? lol

Sponsored

pjbinns

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First Editions, Early 22’s…. And Braptors.

Those are the solidest broncos in all likelihood thus far; as per my made up logic.
Yea, limited editions that they can barely produce to a very select, very small number of people. The 2023 is baseline. 2021>2022 failed, they settled on deleting nav, more deletes are coming, some will be announced in Aug, some will be taken away mid year 2023. That's how this works. They aren't going to make a more complex car then the one they already can't make because it's too complex with too many constrained features, it's a fantasy plain and simple, they are going to take a step back, maybe add some interior accents to put lipstick on the 2023 pig. This is a failed vehicle launch in every way it can fail. 2025 will be the next big update, and probably the next viable vehicle they can hope to produce.....as for now they are hoping the hype train will keep rabid bronco enthusiasts blind to the shaft they keep feeding everyone

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This certainly is frustrating no doubt. Pay the 15k premium and get one now. I just did
Me too.. but just 5k. Still keeping my other 2 orders... but 99ing my July '20 res to '23.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I could see Ford adding 2 or 3 new packages for 23 even though they can’t build what’s ordered and reserved now.

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call FoMoCo and find out for yourself what's going on with your order.
I'm sure it's posted somewhere, but what is everyone asking when they call? I want to be nice and sincere with them. I'm sure they have people calling and giving them a hell of a time. I just don't want to seem rude and not get any info.

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my question is are you locked in on pricing for your '22 if the '23 goes up in price? lol
I'm locked in on 21 pricing, according to my dealer. I hope if I get bumped to 23 I get to keep the same price

Sponsored
OP
OP
CN72

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
850+ Days and still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your order being pushed back is 100% your dealers doing. Check your priority code on your order. I bet they 99 it.
I'm a code 10 - just saw some of the new colors for '23 which I like better so that helps this hellacious wait.

OP
OP
CN72

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BTW, have you logged into the Ford back-end site to verify what the dealer is asserting?
How do you do that? Can you without a VIN? I now know they are pushing after this past weeks conversations.

OP
OP
CN72

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sorry but I think we're missing some info. Did you 99 your order because you want a mod or painted top? Something like that is the only reason you'd be "balanced out " for 23 AFAIK. They haven't quit scheduling builds yet.
I did not. Been waiting and very proactive with the dealer and Ford Corporate. I thin kI've just fallen between the cracks between both, unfortunately.

OP
OP
CN72

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It sounds like you never converted over to a 2022 order. They don’t automatically convert your order. I had to place a brand new order in person at my dealership in October of 2021 to get in line for my 2022. Sounds like your dealership dropped the ball.
Mine was placed, I've got all the documents.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend