Sponsored

Who else has upgraded or thought about upgrading after all the KOH ride along videos?

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had originally ordered a 2DR BD with the 2.7. But after watching all the videos from KOH and finally getting to see what the Badlands was capable of doing I knew I had to have it. I stopped by the dealership Sat and changed my order to the 2DR Badlands w/2.7. The sway bar disconnect and having a front locker with upgraded axles up front was the selling point. I also love the that the vehicle sits higher with factory 33s with 35s fitting on the stock height. Although I would do a lift before I would put 35s on it, I would be afraid to use the sway bar disconnect with 35s on the stock suspension.
Sponsored

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought about upgrading to 2.7 auto because of the really cool downhill features on auto, Super Cool. Can’t go wrong with auto. However, I love manual and really wanted to stay with it. After I read about the write up from someone who did a manual test ride, I was at peace. I realized that the manual still has “Hill Decent Control” which is a big deal to me since I am new to off roading (Downhills). Badlands Forever!!

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I upgraded from4 door 2.7 BD with Mid package to 4 door 2.3L BL with high, the reviews of people still loving the experience and going 65 on sand even with the 2.3L made it easier to justify jumping up in price for the off road goodies and big screen

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The KOH vids made the active sway bar and 360/trail cam tempting to me... I haven't made the move to upgrade yet, but before the new vids I hadn't even thought them worth consideration due to personal preference.

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't put my order in yet so there's no need for me to call the dealer to change it but the content from KOH has helped solidify my decision to get Badlands. I'm still debating on 2 door or 4 door and whether or not I want Sasquatch. I should have this all figured out by now but :unsure:

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need yall to go easy on the Badlands orders. I'm already in the 2.7 2dr possible delayed option...don't put Badlands in that category too. :)

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally reserved and wanted a Badlands, squatch, Lux. In the last few weeks I decided I was going to drop to base squatch because I figured I’d save the 10k for aftermarket upgrades and I was dead set on it. After seeing the KOH videos, I knew I needed to stick with BL. I am 93% sure my final order is going to be: Badlands - 2.7 - Sasquatch - high package - MGV - and Rapid Red.

There is a slim chance I’d go wildtrak but I really like the MGV, interior, rock crawl mode and sway bar disconnect features offered by the BL, not to mention I like the grill and MIC mirrors better. Sure I could change those out on the wildtrak, but then I’d be approaching BL money without the extra features.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was back and forth between the BB and BD. After watching the walkaround of the white 2 door Badlands showing the close up of the MGV I'm pretty much sold on the BD. I'll admit the trail cam is pretty cool shown in the ride along. But the BL is just out of my budget.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The videos helped me finally decide to add on the high package. I had already submitted my order for a rapid red 4d BL with mid. But I've switched to high. No way I'm missing out on that big screen.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am really torn on high vs mid on my BL. I have to stop somewhere on price and may swap high for 2.7. Was already on the fence 2.3 vs 2.7, but the trail cam is just so cool. The only issue there- if I want a winch (I am hoping for a cool front hitch mount in the aftermarket) it potentially makes the cam compromised when you would need it most off roading.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not all of us live out West and can trail ride in open desert areas like KOH and Moab. East Coast 4-wheeling is a different environment. There are not a lot of places to go wide open at 65 MPH in Baja mode on 35-inch tires.

So no, not even the video with the dork in red glasses convinced me I need the Ultimate HAMMERS Machine.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was already in from the start on BL, 2.7, high or Lux, race red, this didn’t change my mind.

what it did show me is that no matter which trim somebody chooses, they are gonna have a bad ass rig, more than capable of what they wanna do. đź‘Ť

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s actually got me thinking about unselecting the Sasquatch package in order to manually select 4 wheel drive without goat modes. More control. It may be possible with the auto 4 wheel drive, I’m not sure. I need to do some more research.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely considering high package now. Didn’t think the trail camera would be that cool!

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why Ford needs to release the press on their impressions of how to drives

We are all ordering our vehicles as we speak and we don’t even have impressions on how the four or 6 Cylinders Dr. with the different models.

These videos lately seem to show that the four-cylinder at least isn’t a dog and seems to be more than capable on most models
Sponsored