Sponsored

Who else is buying Ford stock due to the Bronco release?

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the Ford company in 2021 sees a bump in financials largely due to the new Bronco. So who else is going to or planning to purchase Ford stock? Some of you are doing it for the x-plan benefit but I am talking about purchases for profit? In about six hours I will.
Sponsored

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been for year and will continue

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For my money, historical returns say no.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coming from someone who owns Ford stock purely for x-plan...I suggest that everyone take a look at any domestic or even non-domestic automotive stock holdings. Other than Tesla, most them have had purely cyclical performance over the past 3-5 years. Unless you’re planning to hold Ford for a long time or buying an exorbitant amount of stock, I wouldn’t expect too much of a bump mid next year. Ford probably won’t even see a profit from the Bronco for a while.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aaaawe chit, u just scare me.

Looking at the last 30 years performance of that stock scares me. I don't invest with my heart. I also like to play the odds with mutual funds instead of individual stocks. Not much of a risk taker. It's paid off very well though, especially this year.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I invested back when the stock prices was around $4-6. I do think we will eventually see a slight uptick with the new Broncos, Mach E and the new F150. However, this could still be 2 years away

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If they can get their EV act together I could see good returns in a few years. Bronco is just a bite in the overall apple.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking at the last 30 years performance of that stock scares me. I don't invest with my heart. I also like to play the odds with mutual funds instead of individual stocks. Not much of a risk taker. It's paid off very well though, especially this year.
Me neither. Stock-picking is such a crapshoot. Money markets, stock and bond mutual funds and ETFs, index funds, and high interest-bearing savings accounts for me. I don't even buy sector funds anymore (remember when they were all the rage?). Learned my lesson during the 2001 high-tech bubble burst. I had a lot of stock in one company that went from 90+ dollars a share to 5 bucks a share. After five recessions/bubble bursts/real estate meltdowns, I've learned a few lessons. Took me long enough!

I don't give financial advice, though. Everyone's situation (and tolerance for risk) is different, and I know that younger folks have more time to recover from missteps. I'm focused on retirement at this point, so no stock-picking for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've toyed with the idea since last November, but ultimately decided it's not a sound investment

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought 100 just for X-plan redundancy in case Mustang Club doesn't give me a code or something. Traditional automakers have been just about the worst-performing sector over my entire lifetime, and Ford stock is basically just a junk bond that pays most of its yield in the form of health/pensions to its retirees, not bondholders.

Ford is exploiting 'peak truck' right now, and their stock is still in the toilet. They have nowhere to go but down.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to put about 50k into Ford next year . I hope to get a early return in the form of a Bronco in my garage :)

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Ford shares but its more for the divided. It aint a good option if you're looking for large gains quickly.