Sponsored

Who else is buying Ford stock due to the Bronco release?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Something to consider before you invest in Ford stock..

While anything is possible, what politician is going to let Ford or GM go bankrupt in this climate. People are still going to buy cars, and not everyone is going to buy a Tesla car (psych stock). That video makes some valid points, but I'd be out a lot of money if I had followed that guy's advice.

In terms of advice such as in that video. A few months ago, I read some analyst reviews saying don't buy a remote meeting company stock called Zoom. They said MS Teams and a Google product would bite Zoom, they could not sufficiently monetize, were not up to the big dog's challenge, etc. But I saw something else, and bought Zoom. Now my Zoom stock is up 90%.

Lesson: There is no sure thing, but take various opinions with a grain of salt.
Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first time I bought ford stock it was $15 dollars a share. I sold it at $10 and repurchased at $4.97. Ford is pretty volatile right now, their morning star rating was recently upgraded. Ford use to pay pretty decent dividends but stopped this year for obvious reasons.

I won't sell what I have but I probably won't buy more either. There are better companies to invest in.

Then again the more people that buy stocks the more mine is worth so buy away

Edit: also ford needs way more than one hit to make up for slumping sales globally.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the Bronco is low volume compared to the other offerings. It was expensive to create, I don't expect them to dump more money in it unless they have to step up to Jeep in the future. The possibility of it bringing in positive revenue is likely already baked into the stock price (and a very minor part of it). If the take rate is in the 30% range like I figure, it may actually drag the stock down. Either way, it won't make much of a difference in the price. Auto stocks are cyclical, you would be way way better off in mutual funds or municipal (junk) bonds for tax reasons.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought 100 shares at 6.82 to get the X-plan pricing. Kind of a no brainer if you ask me. I think the stock will slowly climb over the next few years due to Bronco, electric F-150, and Lincoln growth.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
the Bronco is low volume compared to the other offerings. It was expensive to create, I don't expect them to dump more money in it unless they have to step up to Jeep in the future. The possibility of it bringing in positive revenue is likely already baked into the stock price (and a very minor part of it). If the take rate is in the 30% range like I figure, it may actually drag the stock down. Either way, it won't make much of a difference in the price. Auto stocks are cyclical, you would be way way better off in mutual funds or municipal (junk) bonds for tax reasons.
Auto stocks can be cyclical, but also you have to take into account the non-cyclical event called COVID-19 when buying/selling.

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the Ford company in 2021 sees a bump in financials largely due to the new Bronco. So who else is going to or planning to purchase Ford stock? Some of you are doing it for the x-plan benefit but I am talking about purchases for profit? In about six hours I will.
Me, I buy for profit. So, at the end of March, 2021, I bought a bunch of Oil (supplier) stocks and automotive. I’ve already sold the supplier stocks once, when they bumped, in June, and rebought them when Covid scares returned, in July. I bought Ford at about $4.48 and it’s about $6.70 now. Stocks are a good decision, but TIMING is what makes them better.

WHEN YOU BUY STOCK, you are betting on America's success.

Last edited:

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought 100 shares to get X-Plan. Also joined MCA for the same. Have owned two Mustangs, a '76 and a '79. My '93 Ranger is Mustang powered.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought $500 and will contribute $50 a month to for the foreseeable future. I really think Ford will be around in 30 years when Im 66. I have a hard time believing it will still be $7 a share then. It will have good times again. I'm not really a long term saver(there is always a car to build right now I have 3 with plans of grandeur) so this is a good option for me to save for the future. Yeah the right bank account will give me small returns but is much easier to just spend that way. On the up side it could easily come back to pre 2009 or even pre millenium prices and make me some money. With products like the Bronco and moves into electrification, which I think will really take off for the F150. Also if the Mustang is getting bigger and maybe 4 doors(outside of the mach e), while all the enthusiasts will complain, the masses will eat that crap up since its easier to put their kids in. Just like the 4 door Bronco. Call me a naive but Ford has a future and I am glad to be a part of it.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

up 7% today with a bullish outlook.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
up 7% today with a bullish outlook.
Yeah, good day for it. I've been rolling in and out as it rolls up and down, but I may keep half of my stake this time. I do think it will break out and hit $10 at some point.

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, good day for it. I've been rolling in and out as it rolls up and down, but I may keep half of my stake this time. I do think it will break out and hit $10 at some point.
Same. Around $10 is where I see "F" hitting down the road. I keep thinking about cashing out some. Could have sold/bought several times over the past few months as the stock went up/down. Day trading like that is almost like a full time job though, and I already have a full time job, lol.

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They told me I needed 100 shares for x-plan. So I bought 101, because I'm the pig who built his house out of brick.
Sponsored