Sponsored

Who else is letting Ford buy them a Bronco (stock market play)

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I've been watching and buying and selling F(ord) stock for a few months now...(well since it was around $9) Just day trading mostly.

But I made a bet to myself, as I'm getting the badlands, and have the funds for it so I put the money int Ford at 11.43 and said if it goes up to 12, which it an all day 12$ + stock I'll get the high package. Well all I have to say is thank you Ford for building the vehicle we want (Bronco) putting in a new CEO and also doing the Mach-E.

(side note: we did lose our but on ford stock that was handed down from my wife's father (he was a Ford Service Senior Manager for the last 1/2 of his life so we got his stock after he deceased and well.... it dropped from what it once was... so maybe we're just normalizing)

but just curious if others are buying stock as the volatility during Covid works in our favor. (as owning it gives you X plan if you have 100 shares for 6 months).

Not bragging but put my 34K into Ford stock at 11.40 and up today almost 2K (so basically paying for the high package now) sweetness!

I should have stayed in when i had it in the high 9's but I was just playing the up's and down. I feel Ford is on a growth path again and past their hard times.

Any financial analysts out there that can chime in and crunch numbers and provide some better positive or negative insight for what the future may hold?
Sponsored

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Not a financial advisor but this might interest you. I also bought Ford stock for X Plan and part of my down payment when it was $5.50 but made a huge mistake. I only bought 100 shares!

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/366054
Yeah looking back at my transactions I originally bought in the high 8's...whoops should have held. I'm going to hold again cuz i see it at a 14- 15 dollar stock.

Ford Bronco Who else is letting Ford buy them a Bronco (stock market play) 1614229021430

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Up 2k but don't forget short term capital gains, guessing you are in the 22% bracket. Unless you are a MY22 and selling next year the long term gains at 15%.

Nothing gained or lost until you sells.

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Up 2k but don't forget short term capital gains, guessing you are in the 22% bracket. Unless you are a MY22 and selling next year the long term gains at 15%.

Nothing gained or lost until you sells.
Free money is free money. I'm going to hold it until i get delivery. So that's 6months away. Ford will be in mass production, and based on @joeramirez links, its looks to keep for a bit

Sponsored

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to buy when the price was 6.66. I put my order in for 6.65, cuz duh, and it never came back down. And here we are at 12. Bahhh.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol, ford stock is also on my mind. Started a different thread just now then saw this. i doubled up and I’m a happy camper.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought the 100+ shares just for the x-plan.....because I’m in construction and buy F-150’s, 350’s, 550’s, etc.
I also find it important to invest in the markets for retirement/investment.

I mostly just play in the Ford (F) game for the x-plan......however, the lows for the past year or 2 could be a good play soon. However, there was also talk that a company like Tesla could easily purchase (F) about a year ago.
This is big business........and (F) better get their shit together if they want to play successfully in the future.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any financial analysts out there that can chime in and crunch numbers and provide some better positive or negative insight for what the future may hold?
I'm actually letting Crypto buy mine and my dealer is right on board with it!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got in at 7 and am loving the gains I've made. However my gains are only enough to buy the tow package 🤣 But hey I am confident in Fords future. I hope that it gets back to where it was before the recession. Feels good to do my part. Sure making alot would be great but I would just blow it on cars anyways.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was thinking about ford stock but there are plenty of other markets that I am looking at that deal with electric cars and stuff that looks like it will be the future in 5-10 years and I'm not talking about tesla.

josephs6392

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1940 Ford roadster pickup, 1947 Ford 5W coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bought 500 shares a year ago at junk price around 5 dollars a share. It’s gone up 136% as of today. Hoping for a highly successful launch of these new lines. There’s more room for growth but one never knows.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guys please keep buying Ford stocks so it will continue to climb past the $10/share I paid a few years ago lol

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought 500 shares a year ago at junk price around 5 dollars a share. It’s gone up 136% as of today. Hoping for a highly successful launch of these new lines. There’s more room for growth but one never knows.
You were smarter than me. Wish I would have done that but I didnt start watching until rencently. They donhave some good lines and with the Bronco rolling out I feel it will only get better. I think I'll hold long and maybe tuen my small investment into 2 broncos in a year or two

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

w I shouldnt have said "free money is free money", were supporting an american company and it makes me feel good in the investment even if it stays relatively flat, but horizon looks good
Sponsored