Sponsored

Who else is letting Ford buy them a Bronco (stock market play)

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think shorting Tesla is a better idea...
Sponsored

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait a sec, i just re-read... if someone bought 3million shares they havent sold it, so that's looking good for us all

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a close family member who is a UAW worker for Ford. He is 27 and threw down 20k on a risky investment 3 years ago. Today it is worth 1.8M. He is letting it ride

Last edited:
Reactions: djp

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Up 2k but don't forget short term capital gains, guessing you are in the 22% bracket. Unless you are a MY22 and selling next year the long term gains at 15%.

Nothing gained or lost until you sells.
I’ve got all my investments in a TFSA(tax free savings account). Any money I make, and if I was good at this thing and made millions, would be tax free. Unfortunately that is not the case lol.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got all my investments in a TFSA(tax free savings account). Any money I make, and if I was good at this thing and made millions, would be tax free. Unfortunately that is not the case lol.
Well if Ford ever starts paying dividends again you would owe taxes on those. But with that minor exception you are correct. It's a pretty sweet instrument.

Sponsored

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a close family member who is a UAW worker for Ford. He is 27 and threw down 20k on a risky investment 3 years ago. Today it is worth 1.8M. He is letting it ride
What was the investment? That math is crazy.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was the investment? That math is crazy.
I did intentionally leave that out because even though it did work out I am not recommending it.
It was in a crypto currency that he researched. PM me if you want to know which one.

If he goes big I hope he remembers his parents :) His co-workers suggested that he should buy his dad a Bronco. That would be nice but his risk, his gain. I am happy that he has been fortunate.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did intentionally leave that out because even though it did work out I am not recommending it.
It was in a crypto currency that he researched. PM me if you want to know which one.

Got it. Nope.....crypto scares me 😜
If he goes big I hope he remembers his parents :) His co-workers suggested that he should buy his dad a Bronco. That would be nice but his risk, his gain. I am happy that he has been fortunate.

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Up 2k but don't forget short term capital gains, guessing you are in the 22% bracket. Unless you are a MY22 and selling next year the long term gains at 15%.

Nothing gained or lost until you sells.
You don't need to sell it when you buy your Bronco! I typically won't sell any investments in non-retirement accounts before they qualify for LTCG treatment unless it turns out to be a mistake.

I bought 101 shares just to qualify for X Plan if offered, and it's turned out to be a decent investment.

Ford Bronco Who else is letting Ford buy them a Bronco (stock market play) Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 9.40.49 AM

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't need to sell it when you buy your Bronco! I typically won't sell any investments in non-retirement accounts before they qualify for LTCG treatment unless it turns out to be a mistake.

I bought 101 shares just to qualify for X Plan if offered, and it's turned out to be a decent investment.

Ford Bronco Who else is letting Ford buy them a Bronco (stock market play) Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 9.40.49 AM
Seems like Ford stock has been treating everyone well. And we're supporting American company

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope the best for you all... But looking at Ford's History, doesn't seem solid. Was showing a very strong down trend just until recently. Can we say Stop loss!

Ford Bronco Who else is letting Ford buy them a Bronco (stock market play) Screenshot_20210303-104716_Finance

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question for those who have purchased Ford stock directly to qualify for x-plan: Did you make your purchase through Compushare? Or did you make the purchase through a private investment account? And if the latter, how does Ford extend the x-plan benefit without verifying the details of the private account?

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for those who have purchased Ford stock directly to qualify for x-plan: Did you make your purchase through Compushare? Or did you make the purchase through a private investment account? And if the latter, how does Ford extend the x-plan benefit without verifying the details of the private account?
For Xplan i did mustang club of america. $25/year.

however an email just went out Monday that said they require 90-days membership before you get XPlan pin. So get on it !!!! :) And also buy Ford stock

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For Xplan i did mustang club of america. $25/year.

however an email just went out Monday that said they require 90-days membership before you get XPlan pin. So get on it !!!! :) And also buy Ford stock
I understand how to get x-plan. I'm just more curious how those who bought Ford stock for the purpose x-plan how Ford verifies they qualify. I know I can sign up for an account through compushare to buy Ford stock. But I didn't have a positive experience with compushare when they managed P&G's shareholder investment program. I apparently wasn't the only one as compushare no longer manages P&G's stock program. I have a private investment account through Chase that I can buy Ford stock. But I would rather not give Ford access to my account just to verify that I own Ford stock.
Sponsored