Sponsored

Who feels Ford should scrap all these packages and just let us order what we want?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2346
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Scrap the packages (base, BL, BD, WT, OB) and let us choose our options?

• Total voters

Deleted member 2346

Survey Added: IMO the packages (base, OB, BD, BL, WT) are making this all harder than it has to be and is forcing decisions that don’t need to be forced. Who else feels there should be maybe one or two packages (so Ford can still “encourage” upselling... like body color top and door handles require a premium pkg) and let us pick and choose our options beyond that???
Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From a manufacturing standpoint, that sounds like a nightmare full of "unicorn" orders. Coming from a guy who works in a MFG business that lets our customers order what ever they want, even if it is not an option, "You order it, we'll build it"

But as a customer that sounds awesome. But i still like the idea of a Badlands, a out the door facotry build off-road vehicle

OP
OP

Deleted member 2346

From a manufacturing standpoint, that sounds like a nightmare full of "unicorn" orders. Coming from a guy who works in a MFG business that lets our customers order what ever they want, even if it is not an option, "You order it, we'll build it"
Not exactly... order a Mustang.... order a vette... there no standalone packages just progression of cheaper to more expensive (ie includes the lower pkg plus more). Instead of, hey the BD pkg is the only pkg with elec disconnect. There’s better ways they could do this. IMO

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be a total nightmare. When they only offer packages it makes it much easier for the people working on the line because they know what is in each. Where if you order everything separate it will take the manufacturing process longer which in turn jacks up the price!

Sponsored

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like the concept of trims/models for the "oh which one did you get?" or when you see another Bronco out somewhere and you're like "was that a Badlands??? ...nice" that kinda thing is fun.

I do wish though that they would get rid of the Mid, High and Lux packages and let you just pick what you want in those. Or keep those and make most of the things in them available as standalone options as well.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By limiting combinations of options and packages, they streamline an already complex matrix of build combinations. More combinations drive more cost, reduces production efficiency, and that makes the final price higher. By streamlining combinations, they can schedule similar builds into batches, among other things. Speaking as someone that ships product into Ford on a regular basis, its already a logistical challenge to schedule and plan production. Even though Ford used to do ala cart options, it would be an absolute nightmare today.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They’ll make more money with trims. In marketing it’s called asymmetrical dominance. Customers will spend more money for a perceived value. It works every time and it’s still nothing like the 13 trims of Wrangler you can order.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I could get a Wildtrak without the Mid package as an option, I'd be happy. Since signature LED lighting, Sasquatch and v-6 are my must haves, I've been leaning towards a Badlands with the Sasquatch and v-6.
I'll more than likely reserve a Badlands, then spend time in the Build and Planner to see where the build with what I want falls cost wise.
If it ends up same price or extremely close, I may just suck it up and order the Wildtrak, since my must haves come standard.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that it would be nice to be able to opt for stand alone options in addition to packages, I'd love that too. But once you move the assembly combinations away from pre-determined packages, you add the extreme complexity. Because once a given part can be combined with any other combinations of parts, you've created the nightmare. So it isn't a matter of bundling some options into packages a little is helpful, its more of an all or nothing scenario. That's the point.

Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think you guys are missing the point a little. And I don’t mean that in a mean way. Every car packages options... to get nav you have to get the better stereo which includes auto dimming mirrors etc. That’s fine! What I’m against is saying you can only get rubber floors in BD and you can’t get a elec disco in a wildtrack. Rather, pkg options as this: if you want rubber floors, you get cloth seats. If you want leather you get carpet. Etc.
I don’t mind preset trims, but I agree with you that restricting factory features suck. I guess that’s why everyone wants B&P soon so they can figure out what compromises have to be made.

Last edited:

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IIRC there are six trims and five packages, which isn't that bad when it comes down to it. I'm still unsure why they didn't offer the Big Bend level as a package on the Base instead of its standalone trim, but that would still be the same overall number of trims and packages so maybe it wouldn't make much difference.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree with being able to have free range of options but I understand Ford wanting to manufacture them as fast as possible and make the most profit possible, especially since it’s a huge launch. Now I could see them giving more options control once the demand has been established after year 1

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No offense, but I like having distinguishing features. Ford is really not holding out on anyone. You can get any option you want, just pick the right package. If you want a sway bar disconnect, don't buy a base. If it is out of your budget, then get an manual disconnect. You have to pay for cool stuff. That's how it works. My boss has an Icon Bronco. I can't afford it, so I don't have one. If you can afford a FE without being Bronco poor, get it reupholstered to whatever you want. It really seems like there is a lot of people on here who have an entitled mentality that Ford owes them. They are a business and make business decisions. It is a lot more complicated than it seems.