Sponsored

Who feels Ford should scrap all these packages and just let us order what we want?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2346
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Scrap the packages (base, BL, BD, WT, OB) and let us choose our options?

• Total voters

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the packages are kinda smart of Ford. There does seem to be a package that aligns with most. I would make the Base the model that allows total customization based on the available options.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yall have to remember this is kinda a new way of doing things. I think most of those packages are there to make it easier for dealers to order a lot of vehicles to stock their lots. Usually, the vast majority of vehicles sold are ordered by the dealer and sold on the lot. To allow and I guess require every customer to order their own for the first year production is new.

Would be cool if every option was an actual option and you could one off your own vehicle, but I see why they wouldn't want to do that.

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But then I can't show off and act like I'm better than everyone who ordered a trim lower than mine

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand the concept of trims and packages and if you want something you are just going to have to pay more to go up to the next level. What I struggle with is having certain things available on a lower price trim that are not available on higher.

The one that irks me though is the garage door opener bundled in lux. There are plenty of features in the mid package more luxurious than that. Having a detached garage door clicker in a topless vehicle just seems like a bad idea.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From manufacturing - a nightmare full of "unicorn" orders.

As a customer - awesome.

Badlands - factory build off-road vehicle
That's what I was thinking. I have been all over the map, but I'll be damned if I don't just keep coming back to the Badlands - LUX - gotta have the premium audio.

I have yet to have anybody explain what you get with the Squatch, that don't get on the BL, that is worth $2500?

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No I am fine with the different trims, pretty much a bronco for every budget. We want them to sell as many as they can to keep it around for a long long time.

The only thing I have a problem with is when additional options are tied to a specific option package that has absolutely no relationship. That is something that Ford is horrible at. Example, the 21" wheels on the Edge ST are shown as a $995 option, but the catch is you have to get the 401A package to get them so in reality it's a 5800 dollar option because you have to get a totally unrelated package to get them

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maybe what @Ford should do is for us reservation holders- they could allow us complete control of the bronco we want. while dealers will just order the trims and add packages. that would be pretty dope

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It used to be that way back in the day. But, in an effort to streamline production, and of course increase profits manufacturers went to option packages. I don't blame them, and see the need. And, in some instances we can actually save money when ordering a package. Now with that said I would like to some some packaged options be made a free standing item. But, I don't look for that to happen.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd like more options on the interior crap and infotainment. I think the drivetrain packages and sasquatch offering are pretty good, but I don't want the lux crap just to get decent speakers and amps. Ford has made their audio systems and integrated dash so difficult to modify that I've just quit looking at fords. Jeep has gotten worse too. Can't buy a rubicon like I have now. It's a crappy trend for someone like me.

Back in the 90s I worked nights after high school building custom super duty harnesses for a ford supplier just down the road from the Louisville, KY super duty plant. At that time we did all the custom order harnesses for Ford's super duties. The rest were being built in Mexico and shortly moved to asia. There were over 300 circuits in the 14401 dash harness back then, but two high school students getting paid $7/hour could build one and test it in 2 hours. The wires for the harness were made by other folks getting paid a max of $7.50/hour on machines pulling wire out of barrels, cutting, stripping, terminating and applying circuit numbers to the wires.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure, scrap packages..then your one off bronco can cost about 200,000.00 :) hahaha

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No matter what Ford does, you guys would not be happy. The issue here is not too many trims BUT the inability of the consumer to decide what they need, what they want and what they can afford.

Make only 2 trims and there would be an uproar. Imagine if there was only 2 types of beer and only one manufacturer can sell it.

Trims to me are flavors of the same product. Lots of flavors will appeal to a larger group of consumers.

Last edited:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Survey Added: IMO the packages (base, OB, BD, BL, WT) are making this all harder than it has to be and is forcing decisions that don’t need to be forced. Who else feels there should be maybe one or two packages (so Ford can still “encourage” upselling... like body color top and door handles require a premium pkg) and let us pick and choose our options beyond that???
Gonna call you out on your hypocrisy. Based on the vehicles listed in your profile. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored