Sponsored

Who feels Ford should scrap all these packages and just let us order what we want?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2346
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Scrap the packages (base, BL, BD, WT, OB) and let us choose our options?

• Total voters

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you mean go back to what they did in the 1970's and before?

The Japanese makers ate their lunch with packages that lowered production line cost. (in addition to making much more relevant cars for the time). Once the US manufacturers figured out that ditching most individual options for the package concept boosted their bottom line, that was it. Game over.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From a manufacturing standpoint, that sounds like a nightmare full of "unicorn" orders. Coming from a guy who works in a MFG business that lets our customers order what ever they want, even if it is not an option, "You order it, we'll build it"

But as a customer that sounds awesome. But i still like the idea of a Badlands, a out the door facotry build off-road vehicle
Ironic that in generations past, there was absolutely no problem (in fact ample profits) when car companies offered options and choices and the customer made the majority of decisions as opposed to now when the car companies make the major decisions and impose them on the customer in a manner that in many cases results in upcharges for things people do not want in order to get the things they do. No "nightmares" under that business model at all. Just win-win.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the packages are kinda smart of Ford. There does seem to be a package that aligns with most. I would make the Base the model that allows total customization based on the available options.
Very smart on Ford's part indeed. More up-charges, more money.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm fine with the various models. What I wish we could do is add individual items. That way I could get a SAS BD with some but not all of the Luxe Pkg items. I like the rock rails and bash plates, but I don't need the dis-connect. I'll have to get a BL to get the Luxe Pkg.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Factory ordering a vehicle is a foreign concept to most. They go to the dealer and find out what they have on hand or can get quickly through a swap. This is my third, and probably final factory order. Packages are handy for dealers when they are ordering stock.

Sponsored

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just let us have a black interior on all trims, please

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you want your 2021 model in late 2021 or 2026?

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This post and poll scream "I have no idea how manufacturing happens"

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THat will never happen. The logistics of making that happen is a nightmare. The number of units manufactured per day will decrease and in turn make everything more expensive. It wouldn't be a smart business decision

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I understand what you are saying, but it is not economically viable for Ford to do it. Yeah it would be awesome, but they would barely make money if we got to pick and choose every aspect. I don't fault them for it by any means, I would do the same if i was in charge of pricing.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Survey Added: IMO the packages (base, OB, BD, BL, WT) are making this all harder than it has to be and is forcing decisions that don’t need to be forced. Who else feels there should be maybe one or two packages (so Ford can still “encourage” upselling... like body color top and door handles require a premium pkg) and let us pick and choose our options beyond that???
Ford already lets us have way more customization than many other brands. Have you ever shopped a Honda or Toyota, for example? You get to choose DX, EX or LX. If you want an option, you buy the trim that has it and take what else comes with it.

Yeah, in my fantasy world, I'd be able to build out exactly what I wanted. But in reality world, it would probably cost me a couple thousand more, which would pay for the higher package that includes what I wanted and more.

So, instead of thinking, "This sucks that I have to buy a higher trim level," think, "Look at all the extra stuff I got that I wouldn't have if I was buying what I wanted Ă  la carte." ?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm ok with the trim levels and packages.

I'm real fucking far from ok with the $5k jump for nothing to get out of Base only to have to pay an additional 1500 for Mid.
Only thing with real value to me is the heated seats, I'll just end up putting those in myself for $300 and save the rest of the $6500 penalty for later.
If mid was part of the $5k jump , I'd be on board.

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The fact that I can't get washout floorboards 4 door manual or rear lockers on base is silly.
Sponsored