Sponsored

Who feels Ford should scrap all these packages and just let us order what we want?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2346
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Scrap the packages (base, BL, BD, WT, OB) and let us choose our options?

• Total voters

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand doing the packages for 1st year reservations and stocking dealerships, but it would be great year 2 or 3 or 4 if you could order what you want, put your down payment in and have an option to start payments and then wait 3 to 6 months or even the bulk of a year for them to build and deliver it at the leisure of the assembly line. Only a percent or 2 of purchases would be that way, but just like the muscle car era and the early SUV era Ford would build a long lasting devoted families of buyers, just because they "did right" by grandpa when he bought his.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That would be a total nightmare. When they only offer packages it makes it much easier for the people working on the line because they know what is in each. Where if you order everything separate it will take the manufacturing process longer which in turn jacks up the price!
Actually that's the way it used to be for generations and low and behold, customers got exactly what they wanted and the car companoes made a profit. It is ludicrous that paint colors, interior colors, engines, etc., are now confined by pre-packaged equipment bundles. Before trims and packages, there were things called options and if you wanted a certain paint color, otion or accessory, you simply checked the box and paid the price. It might seem like a nightmare today because the automotive industry opted to go to the trim, package model of production. Believe me they made plenty of money in the option days and the only reason it shifted to the present model was so the companies could make more money. I am not surprised at how many members of this site have talked about pricey aftermarket expenditures for their broncos such as re-painting the tops, changing out disliked interiors, etc. And the current business model is not producing cheaper cars for the customer. Compare the price for the 1966 bronco compared to the 2021 and you will see that the current model is more costly after controlling for all financial factors. Choices are now made primarily by the company, not the consumer; the business model is more profitable for the company and the process is not advantageous economically or preferentially for the customer.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get where you're coming from on that, but you're overlooking an important point. Cars today are much, much more complicated and costly to build then they were 50 years ago. Between the tech, the safety requirements, the materials used and the more extensive engineering/development baked into a modern vehicle, the costs to produce them have increased significantly. A business model from years ago isn't viable today because the market is different today.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know it is tempting to want to be able to piecemeal your Bronco but from a financial sense, that would be a bad choice for Ford. So just like the Minimum wage.. unless you want to be paying $20 for your Big Mac... there needs to be efficiencies in the Ford Production process and customizing every single item would be extremely expensive.

So No... I would not want everything to be Al-La-Carte... but yes of course, some of the core things should be.

Sponsored

Bronco20

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the concept of trims/models for the "oh which one did you get?" or when you see another Bronco out somewhere and you're like "was that a Badlands??? ...nice" that kinda thing is fun.

I do wish though that they would get rid of the Mid, High and Lux packages and let you just pick what you want in those. Or keep those and make most of the things in them available as standalone options as well.
I would like to just pick standalone options from the Mid, High, Lux packages as well.

I

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I chose no because yes will never happen.

ericmario

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes - for an enthusiast point of view, this would be awesome. But no chance any plant could do this AND deliver your vehicle within a reasonable time frame. Also, keep in mind that once the initial round(s) of pre-ordered Broncos are fulfilled, they will be producing them for dealers to sell from their lots so having preset models will benefit from that as well. One final point is that members in our forums makes up a good % of sales, but there will be a high number of consumers looking at Broncos who doesn't know what they want, so preset models will help here.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Scrap the trim levels. I don’t mind a First Edition Bronco, simply because it is the right thing to do, but as for me, the trim sticker comes off as soon as I get into my garage. It’s a Bronco. I have zero patience for elitism within the trim levels. How much you spend, or do not spend, at the dealer and in the aftermarket is up to you, first, last and always, it’s a Bronco.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get a Model T in any color as long as it is Black! Talk to the bean counters and they will tell you the same thing. IF you don't have specific packages and you build every single Bronco different do you know how many different combinations you would have? Millions?!?!?!?!?!

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
IIRC there are six trims and five packages, which isn't that bad when it comes down to it. I'm still unsure why they didn't offer the Big Bend level as a package on the Base instead of its standalone trim, but that would still be the same overall number of trims and packages so maybe it wouldn't make much difference.
That's exactly where I'd be if they offered it, similar to my Ranger XL with STX package.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

[/QUOTE] The only thing I have a problem with is when additional options are tied to a specific option package that has absolutely no relationship. That is something that Ford is horrible at. Example, the 21" wheels on the Edge ST are shown as a $995 option, but the catch is you have to get the 401A package to get them so in reality it's a 5800 dollar option because you have to get a totally unrelated package to get them
[/QUOTE]
True...I love the height/lift & wheels of the Squatch, but damned if I ever will be crawling in Moab & $5790 is a lot. So indecision still clouding just what model & what can be done aftermarket to get what I'm envisioning.
Sponsored