Sponsored

Who Has a Build Date with Reservation Date of 7/15 or Later?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Allocations at the dealer should be based on timestamp so that is mute.
Every dealer receiving 25% of orders despite timestamp, destroys the timestamp language Ford used.
It’s not moot. You need to take it a step further

You have to take into account how each bronco reservation at your dealer is built and what that looks like at the top of the stack. While that could be painstaking and the dealer probably won’t give you that, the more you start filtering out assigned builds, the more clarity you’ll see. If you’re now allocation #3 with a Day 2 FE with two other Day 1 FEs in front of you, it may not be a surprise why you don’t have a build date. Whereas if those two FE in front of you didn’t exist at another dealer, you could have been picked. This is why group buys are bad and dealer selection was important. But most of it is out of your control. The luck doesn’t really reside with Ford. The luck resides in what builds you’re paired with at your dealer.

Personally, I waited until we had to switch dealers then scouted out dealers that had limited early FEs and sasquatches and moved to a dealer that my day 1 had a good chance. And I avoided group buys like the plague since they were backlogged with enthusiasts with early complex builds. I also avoided crossing into Pennsylvania or off roading territories that may also have more enthusiast complex early builds....Yes dealer pricing was also a consideration....But I eventually landed at a posh suburb medium sized dealer with a bunch of basic non sas mall crawlers builds. It felt right...and my loaded sas bubbled up to the #1 spot after some minimal weeding out, and was eventually picked on Thursday.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not moot. You need to take it a step further

You have to take into account how each bronco reservation at your dealer is built and what that looks like at the top of the stack. While that could be painstaking and the dealer probably won’t give you that, the more you start filtering out assigned builds, the more clarity you’ll see. If you’re now allocation #3 with a Day 2 FE with two other Day 1 FEs in front of you, it may not be a surprise why you don’t have a build date. Whereas if those two FE in front of you didn’t exist at another dealer, you could have been picked. This is why group buys are bad and dealer selection was important. But most of it is out of your control. The luck doesn’t really reside with Ford. The luck resides in what builds you’re paired with at your dealer.

Personally, I waited until we had to switch dealers then scouted out dealers that had limited early FEs and sasquatches and moved to a dealer that my day 1 had a good chance. And I avoided group buys like the plague since they were backlogged with enthusiasts with early complex builds. I also avoided crossing into Pennsylvania or off roading territories that may also have more enthusiast complex early builds....Yes dealer pricing was also a consideration....But I eventually landed at a posh suburb medium sized dealer with a bunch of basic non sas mall crawlers builds. It felt right...and my loaded sas bubbled up to the #1 spot after some minimal weeding out, and was eventually picked on Thursday.
This is my point. They stated it’s time stamp. Regardless of dealer if you have a 7/13 res 5th allocation it should be built before 7/15 res 1st allocation.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I’m not clear of whether this is just for hard top orders, but I was a 7/19 reserve date and I got my VIN email yesterday for a 7/19 build. - the irony of the dates is not lost on me. I have a 4Dr OBX with the 2.7 but have been soft top all along.

Reactions: RLW

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my point. They stated it’s time stamp. Regardless of dealer if you have a 7/13 res 5th allocation it should be built before 7/15 res 1st allocation.
No. You need to layer in constraints and complexity of builds in front of you. It has everything to do with the builds at your respective dealer. I think you missed my point completely.

Reactions: abe

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It should have been that way, and most of us expected it to be that way, but it isn't. Not even close. Over the past year Ford continually changed policies in order to ensure equal outcomes to each dealership. To enforce equal dealership outcomes, the fairness to reservation holders was sacrificed. It would be "unfair" to dealers if one of the other dealers had worked hard to obtain a lot of early orders, for example.

Currently, the timestamp is completely ignored by Ford, except for relative comparisons within each dealership. Priority orders were likewise unfair to reservations holders, but ensured each dealer had equal access to rare commodities and high-value order fulfillment. And it is about to get even worse as production of dealer stock units further increases the overall unfairness to reservation holders.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It should have been that way, and most of us expected it to be that way, but it isn't. Not even close. Over the past year Ford continually changed policies in order to ensure equal outcomes to each dealership. To enforce equal dealership outcomes, the fairness to reservation holders was sacrificed. It would be "unfair" to dealers if one of the other dealers had worked hard to obtain a lot of early orders, for example.

Currently, the timestamp is completely ignored by Ford, except for relative comparisons within each dealership. Priority orders were likewise unfair to reservations holders, but ensured each dealer had equal access to rare commodities and high-value order fulfillment. And it is about to get even worse as production of dealer stock units further increases the overall unfairness to reservation holders.
I'll disagree slightly. I think timestamps do matter. But you also consider what you can or can't built. I'm in the tax business. I pay very close attention to the packages that come in and the dates they were sent. But I also have to consider which ones have a lot of missing information and which ones can I do? I feel quite often the ones that came in later get done first because I can do them first. And the other ones that came in earlier have to sit and wait because I can't do them right now. I don't think this process is any different than that. So they look at the timestamps oh, they look at can we do it?, and then other people get pushed out because they can get built while some of the early Rez's can't.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My reserve date was 07/22.
Badlands, 2.7, mic, high, optional wheels.
Was 5th in my dealer allocation..... But 4 of them had heavy restraints/mod top. My vin was issued a month or 2 ago... Date bounced around a bit.. looks to have settled on build day of July 6th.
But I'm in Canada. So it doesn't count....
Ford Bronco Who Has a Build Date with Reservation Date of 7/15 or Later? yes-yep (1)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Allocation trumps time stamp. You don’t feel like it should. But it does. /thread.
Exactly. You don't stop all production because you're waiting for something. You shuffle and keep moving.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best to think of it like this: you're the customer of the dealer, and the dealer is the customer of Ford. So even before the supply constraints, it wasn't going to be purely "first in, first out" when you're comparing orders across many different dealerships. It was never going to work like a single waiting list sitting at Ford HQ; the way the company operates with its dealers, that's basically impossible. But, if everything went according to plan, timestamp would have been the most important among several factors.

Now that production is facing supply issues, that dominates everything else. That's why timestamps have been deemphasized to the point of not even being mentioned in today's email -- people with late dates might get their vehicles far earlier than you, if Ford doesn't have all the parts for your vehicle available. Ford wants to get as many orders finished as they can, and if your parts aren't available, you get bumped.

Don't think it's a grand conspiracy to screw over early reservations. Just a case of Ford's original plans smashing into the reality of the situation.

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7/13 reservation here, and just got my production yesterday 7/26 at in small dealer where I was #1 time stamp with a total of 4 2021 allocations. I was told that each region was given x number of sasquatch package's and 2.7t motors. My build was never changed from my initial order on 1/20 when the order banks opened. I delete my tow package as I can add it later. I don't know if this is true but i'm glad my number was called.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Allocation trumps time stamp. You don’t feel like it should. But it does. /thread.
My dealer was allocated 17. They have 2 or 3 vins of the 17, last I heard. How does someone reserve in Oct get their Bronco before a 7/13 reservation or my 7/14 reservation with allocation?
Exactly. You don't stop all production because you're waiting for something. You shuffle and keep moving.
McFly....How does one reservation in Oct get built before the 7/13 reservation with the same options/build? This is what is happening regardless of wether you see it or not?

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best to think of it like this: you're the customer of the dealer, and the dealer is the customer of Ford. So even before the supply constraints, it wasn't going to be purely "first in, first out" when you're comparing orders across many different dealerships. It was never going to work like a single waiting list sitting at Ford HQ; the way the company operates with its dealers, that's basically impossible. But, if everything went according to plan, timestamp would have been the most important among several factors.

Now that production is facing supply issues, that dominates everything else. That's why timestamps have been deemphasized to the point of not even being mentioned in today's email -- people with late dates might get their vehicles far earlier than you, if Ford doesn't have all the parts for your vehicle available. Ford wants to get as many orders finished as they can, and if your parts aren't available, you get bumped.

Don't think it's a grand conspiracy to screw over early reservations. Just a case of Ford's original plans smashing into the reality of the situation.
Or its Ford promising something they knew they could never produce. If Ford knows they can not go by timestamps logistically don't promise that before during and after reservations!