Sponsored

Who has done a DIY Paint Protection Film full install on their 2021 Bronco?

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello fellow Bronco fam, I am awaiting delivery of my new FE Area 51 Bronco and after having purchased a brand new off-roader back in 2007 (TRD FJ Cruiser) I was impressed with the limited body damage that I sustained as I wheeled it off-road regularly at a nearby creekbed and then at popular known locations such as Moab, FJ Summit in 2008 (Ouray Colorado), Bald Moutain, etc. I managed to keep the body panels pretty straight, in fact, the only dent I had was from parking the vehicle at a parking lot and someone hit my door with their door. The vehicle is black so the trail brush stood out when in close proximity, but from far away the Black still shined really well.

I said all of that to bring you to why I am bringing up PPF for an off-roader. 95% of the time the vehicle will be a daily driver, but the 5% I use it to go off-roading there will be tight trails with brush/branches happily ready to leave their marks on my new vehicle. I really like the look and feel of a badass 4x4, yes I also like the look of a beaten well-used 4x4 but that can be later as the vehicle ages. I got priced quoted for a full PPF wrap from several Detail Shops and was quoted from $7-8K. I checked XPEL website and found that the material alone would only be at $1,500. So now I am planning on doing the Full PPF install myself. I am very good at achieving good results on first-time long and complicated projects, just wanted to know if anyone else can relate and did a Full PPF themselves. I am interested in knowing some of the insight you gained and would recommend if you were to do it all over again.
Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello fellow Bronco fam, I am awaiting delivery of my new FE Area 51 Bronco and after having purchased a brand new off-roader back in 2007 (TRD FJ Cruiser) I was impressed with the limited body damage that I sustained as I wheeled it off-road regularly at a nearby creekbed and then at popular known locations such as Moab, FJ Summit in 2008 (Ouray Colorado), Bald Moutain, etc. I managed to keep the body panels pretty straight, in fact, the only dent I had was from parking the vehicle at a parking lot and someone hit my door with their door. The vehicle is black so the trail brush stood out when in close proximity, but from far away the Black still shined really well.

I said all of that to bring you to why I am bringing up PPF for an off-roader. 95% of the time the vehicle will be a daily driver, but the 5% I use it to go off-roading there will be tight trails with brush/branches happily ready to leave their marks on my new vehicle. I really like the look and feel of a badass 4x4, yes I also like the look of a beaten well-used 4x4 but that can be later as the vehicle ages. I got priced quoted for a full PPF wrap from several Detail Shops and was quoted from $7-8K. I checked XPEL website and found that the material alone would only be at $1,500. So now I am planning on doing the Full PPF install myself. I am very good at achieving good results on first-time long and complicated projects, just wanted to know if anyone else can relate and did a Full PPF themselves. I am interested in knowing some of the insight you gained and would recommend if you were to do it all over again.
I was just looking at the XPEL website and I think it’s more like $2,500-$3,000, depending on which sections you pick.

Reactions: Dom
OP
OP
Defyfate11

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was just looking at the XPEL website and I think it’s more like $2,500-$3,000, depending on which sections you pick.
I am doing a bulk install which means I will save an extra $1,500 over the custom cut DAP pieces. For the complete hood at 60in x 6ft will cost $384 for Ultimate Plus 10 which is ideal for off-road use. It will be about $1,500 total for a complete bulk install minus the tools needed to get the job done right the first time.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will be looking forward to updates on this one. Not sure the degree of difficulty but the amount of time and patience to accomplish it will be interesting. Can you post pictures as you go and or your thoughts on the process. I feel like most people look at the cost of the materials. It forget the part about labor cost at shops, not saying you are by the way.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco was about $2,400 for a local shop to do mine. That included window tint and PPF on the door sills.

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Expedition, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

It seems like the installers in your local area are dealing with a higher market average! Shame you aren't down here in Atlanta, GA. Our full bumper to bumper PPF coverage on the Bronco's is usually in the $2,800 - 3,200 range depending on a few factors.

We commend you for endeavoring to tackle PPF on your own! It is no small feat to install PPF correctly and without blemish. If we could give you any tips, a very dust free environment, and an incredibly well prepped vehicle will go a long way to not ruining your money on trashed film! Hope it all works out!
Sponsored