Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After dealing with a leak in my MIC top through the summer here in FL, there’s now been a squeak in the roof for the last 3 months that the dealer can’t fix. I’ve owned my bronco for less than a year and it has already spent more than 30 days at the dealer as they’ve tried to fix all the issues with the roof, and it still isn’t fixed. Was looking for advice from anyone that has gotten their roof replaced and tips that you have to getting them to replace it.

I’m starting to loose my patience as the dealer is placing the blame on Ford for not replacing but I feel like I’m being strung along until they don’t have to replace it. Here’s one of my previous posts with photos but really appreciate any help that anyone has. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mic-hard-top-v2-leaking.50079/
Sponsored

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had my rear shell replaced. Took 2 months to get a new one. No real hassle besides not having my bronco since it wasn't structurally sound.

OP
OP
ahunter2

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my rear shell replaced. Took 2 months to get a new one. No real hassle besides not having my bronco since it wasn't structurally sound.
What was the issue with the back cap? Straightforward process with the dealer to get it replaced?

OP
OP
ahunter2

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone else gotten their hardtop replaced through their dealer?

TXBronco72

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 / 4D ‘23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone else gotten their hardtop replaced through their dealer?
l did about a month ago as part of a customer satisfaction program on my 2021 2D (had delamination in the rear corner on the drivers side). Everything went fine. It took about 3-4 weeks to get the top in and the dealer kept it for several days (side panel glass had to be installed by a licensed glass installer). Everything is great so far.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ahunter2

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

l did about a month ago as part of a customer satisfaction program on my 2021 2D (had delamination in the rear corner on the drivers side). Everything went fine. It took about 3-4 weeks to get the top in and the dealer kept it for several days (side panel glass had to be installed by a licensed glass installer). Everything is great so far.
Appreciate that. From what I’ve heard, if you have any delaminating, they’re replacing it right away. Everything else is a struggle

TXBronco72

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 / 4D ‘23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not sure what year yours is or if you got the same CSN, but the dealer I used didn't even inspect it prior to ordering the new one FWIW. I called them up, told them about the the CSN and gave them my VIN. They said I didn't need to bring it in until the top arrived to be changed out.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What was the issue with the back cap? Straightforward process with the dealer to get it replaced?
Windows were nearly falling out, leaking on both sides, leaks from seams at top, cracking on exterior. Straightforward to get it replaced besides nobody knowing when it would come

OP
OP
ahunter2

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure what year yours is or if you got the same CSN, but the dealer I used didn't even inspect it prior to ordering the new one FWIW. I called them up, told them about the the CSN and gave them my VIN. They said I didn't need to bring it in until the top arrived to be changed out.
Mine is a ‘22 so it’s has the V2 top on it. What’s CSN?

OP
OP
ahunter2

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Windows were nearly falling out, leaking on both sides, leaks from seams at top, cracking on exterior. Straightforward to get it replaced besides nobody knowing when it would come
Had no issue with the dealer reaching out to Ford to get it replaced?

Sponsored

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had no issue with the dealer reaching out to Ford to get it replaced?
0 issue with Ford. Presumably since it was more than a simple cosmetic issue and could cause more damage over time.

OP
OP
ahunter2

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company What can you do to help here? My vehicle has spent well over 30 days at the dealer why they attempt to fix it. Apparently they keep going to Ford asking to replace the top and keep getting denied and told to try other things. The top has sat or looked right since the day I got it, with weatherstripping pieces sticking out and the top is misaligned. At this point, the top is leaking every time it rains and squeaking from multiple spots non-stop. I would really appreciate someone to reach out or to help here. Shouldn’t have to deal with fighting Ford on top of having a vehicle that isn’t right.

Ford Bronco Who has gotten their MIC top replaced? Need advice A000F03A-4741-445B-933E-C0235CFA6FBB
Ford Bronco Who has gotten their MIC top replaced? Need advice FF831233-5489-44C9-9F44-7441C495A567
Ford Bronco Who has gotten their MIC top replaced? Need advice 6BD451F0-0D19-43D7-81EC-8F519A013A53

OP
OP
ahunter2

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

0 issue with Ford. Presumably since it was more than a simple cosmetic issue and could cause more damage over time.
That’s helpful, glad you got it fixed. My is starting to chip away at paint on the interior of my Bronco so I’m dealing with a gremlin in multiple ways.

TXBronco72

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 / 4D ‘23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine is a ‘22 so it’s has the V2 top on it. What’s CSN?
Customer Satisfaction Notification. Also referred to as Customer Satisfaction Program. It was basically like a recall notice I received in the mail with my specific VIN on it.

Dquimby9

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Easy answer... Sell it to another forum member for 5 grand and their softtop... LOL
Sponsored