Sponsored

Who has priority? me with a reservation and no order vs going into the dealership and placing an order?

mike1719

Black Diamond
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sure hope so.

My dealer ordered one for them 3 /17
I walked in 3 months ago and it was black diamond 2 door
Roof racks
10 speed
Mid pac
Upgraded wheels
Floor liners
Cactus grey
I lucked out when I walked in
Payed him and I have a signed contract and recived a vin.
And a contract for 25 g for my wifes jeep.
I also cant stop buying shit for the thing.
I have fabricating shop building bull bar with 4 4 inch square lights
4 inch square tube rino coated and side hoop steps with same lights 1 each side rino coated.
I have lift kit,horn, rear locker,rims tires,antenna, door bags.
Spare wheel extender, roof light bar,door plates.tpms.

I keep telling my wife I'm doing this for her.

So to answer your question I sure hope I get this soon with the way I purchase, or im moving in with you.
Sponsored

KMS325

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 4x4 Powerstroke, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Made reservation 8/5/20
Ordered 8/20/21 (with hardtop)
Changed 8/30/21 (soft top)
Received my “Scheduled for production” email 9/2/21… production scheduled for week of October 11, 2021.

Black Diamond 4 door
Cactus Grey
Sasquatch
2.7 with Automatic
Mid package

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer has control on which of his orders take priority. If he gives my order priority 10 I am ahead of you which might be at 30. The rest depends upon how much allocation the dealer has and if Ford has the parts to build the Bronco that you want
Your understanding of Priority Codes (PCs) for Bronco is inaccurate.

Dealers can only code retail Bronco orders (“special orders”) with PCs 10-19 (unscheduled, but available to build in 21MY) or PC 99 (22MY Wait / “Do not build”). PC 30 is for a wholesale order (“dealer stock”), so is irrelevant to special orders.

Normally, for many other non-Bronco vehicles, a dealer can rank order customers within its own order bank to determine its preferred scheduling order based on importance (e.g, Big Spenders = PC 10, all others PCs 11-19), but Ford has overridden that normal process for Bronco, where reservation date & time (“timestamp”) determines priority within a specific dealer’s allocation.

Nevertheless, one person’s 8/31 timestamp at Dealer A may still get scheduled ahead of another person’s 7/31 timestamp at Dealer B, depending on each dealer’s allocation, build specs, and commodity constraints.

The only situation where timestamps are relevant is within each dealer’s own order bank. At your dealer, a 7/31 timestamp will get scheduled before an 8/31 timestamp, if commodities are available for both (“unscheduled-clean”).

For example, if you have the 7/31 timestamp, but your dealer codes you PC 19, and another person has the 8/31 timestamp, but your dealer codes them PC 10, the scheduling program will ignore the assigned priority codes, so your order with the earliest timestamp would still be scheduled before the other person’s, if your order is unscheduled-clean.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not concerned about someone ordering one with a 2.3 or something else I don't want

I only have a reservation. No order yet. I assume the dealer is waiting for the 22-year model order banks to open before they call me in to place the order
Since you dont actually have an order yet, (only a reservation), literally *anyone* with an actual order has priority over you in line.

Once you place your order, you will have priority over anyone with a later timestamp than yours… and as long as they have the parts, and your dealership has the allocation… your order will be built first.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your reservation has zero priority over even dealer stock until you convert it to an order.
What they are claiming is, customer A with a late or no reservation, can take the time to inspect, test drive and order a Bronco in say October 2021.

But then later in say February 2022, customer B can waltz in with an earlier reservation he's been sitting on, order a Bronco, and cut in front of customer A.

Which is a BS move by Ford enabling that sort of thing.

Getty

Big Bend
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was told by my dealership if someone walks in and orders a basic Bronco with soft top and no goodies then they may be seeing their build in 21, Go figure?
I literally did this yesterday. My dealer has a "Ford confidential" list of 4 specific builds/specs that can be order and built "quickly".

I was told 6-8 weeks, but I am brand new to all this so I have no idea if my dealer was lying.

I do have two pictures of the "Ford Confidential" sheets, though.🤷‍♂️

1 Base model
1 Big Bend
1 Big Bend /mid (what I ordered)
1 Outer Banks /high

All 4 are soft tops.
Sponsored