Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious... I have been scouring dealer websites across the country looking for any thing available that is not massively marked up. In doing so I have been mostly focusing on lower trim levels as opposed to the badlands I have on order. I have yet to see one unit at any dealer optioned with the 4.27 rear locker (big bend and OBX.) Why is this? The Sas package is the best option but one could option up a big bend bend reasonably with a rear locker and come close to $40k. Just wondering?

Side note in my travels online aside from overpriced first editions my two favorite dealer markups are-

Base no options found at a dealer in IL with a $20K ADM over MSRP.

A used badlands (non Sas, 2.3L, no packages) at a Land Rover Dealer in Colorado that was listed at $81K it must have thought it was a defender!

Side side note I know there many on here that have multiple orders/order holders and those that have a 2021/22 that will soon be getting their desired order. If you have one that you want to sell instead of trading in lets try to make a deal- msg me. worth a shot!
Sponsored

StixHunt

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Curious... I have been scouring dealer websites across the country looking for any thing available that is not massively marked up. In doing so I have been mostly focusing on lower trim levels as opposed to the badlands I have on order. I have yet to see one unit at any dealer optioned with the 4.27 rear locker (big bend and OBX.) Why is this? The Sas package is the best option but one could option up a big bend bend reasonably with a rear locker and come close to $40k. Just wondering?
I have seen a few dealer builds here in GA (blue WS) with the 4.27 axle. Iā€™m guessing it just doesnā€™t add much value in certain regions.

This is exactly what I did. While waiting on our BD SAS, we ordered a BB with the 4.27 locker to avoid the longer wait that comes with adding SAS and to keep the price low for a temp vehicle we will resale later. Walk in order placed on 2/16/22 and schedule for production 4/25/22. Plan to add a leveling kit and SAS wheel and tire takeoffs and drive it until the BD SAS comes in.

StixHunt

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I have a 4.27 OBX. To get the Advanced 4x4, 4.27 gearing and rear lockers for $800 (I think?) was a no brainer to me.
On the OBX the 4.27 gearing plus locker is +$795. The Advanced 4x4 is another +$795 which didnā€™t make it a no brainer for me. I was happy paying for the better gearing and locker but wasnā€™t going to pay extra and add a known constraint for the Advanced 4x4.

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My OBX has the 4.27 locker as well. As stated it came with the Advanced 4x4 package. I would have liked the SAS package, but between the $5k add to my sticker and the delays, I decided to skip it. Once my wheels and tires and any lift/suspension work is done, I won't be any cheaper, but I do like my wheel/tire choice better.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX 2.7, Advanced 4x4, 4.27 rear locker nonSAS - I had no need for bigass tires and lifted above standard. I see too many Wranglers outfitted like BigFoot wannabes for on road use.
Ford Bronco Who has the 4.27 rear locker? 1649872988281

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer order OBX had the 4.27 Locker (as part of the advanced 4x4 package) . I obliviously had few choices as I was determined to get a dealer stock at MSRP but I'm really glad she has those gears, it really runs out nice.

balber

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20222 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have Badlands with optioned 4.27 gears and locker. Love it! That's what sold me to get it especially knowing I was going to go 35's.

I did have to pay over MSRP but I wanted (semi needed) a new vehicle and was ok with it considering I won't be getting rid of it.

mjrcu

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On the OBX the 4.27 gearing plus locker is +$795. The Advanced 4x4 is another +$795 which didnā€™t make it a no brainer for me. I was happy paying for the better gearing and locker but wasnā€™t going to pay extra and add a known constraint for the Advanced 4x4.
Fair enough. Obviously itā€™s usage dependent, even at $1600 for all 3, itā€™s a no-brainer (4A) in the Northeast climate from a value perspective.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do outer banks 4.27 rear locker.

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have Badlands with optioned 4.27 gears and locker. Love it! That's what sold me to get it especially knowing I was going to go 35's.

I did have to pay over MSRP but I wanted (semi needed) a new vehicle and was ok with it considering I won't be getting rid of it.
? Badlands should be 4.46 gearing unless manual or sas. I wasnā€™t aware you could get anything else. Interesting do you still have the front locker then? Have never heard of the BL being able to have the 4.27 you sure you didnā€™t mean Big Bend?

balber

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20222 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
? Badlands should be 4.46 gearing unless manual or sas. I wasnā€™t aware you could get anything else. Interesting do you still have the front locker then? Have never heard of the BL being able to have the 4.27 you sure you didnā€™t mean Big Bend?
lol my apologies, auto correct now has Bronco terminology corrected. Yes I have the ā€œBig Bendā€NOT BL.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m
lol my apologies, auto correct now has Bronco terminology corrected. Yes I have the ā€œBig Bendā€NOT BL.
you had me curious I am far from an expert. Figured it might be another option I didnā€™t know about. There is a lot I donā€™t know šŸ¤£

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Correction to your pricing. The Advanced 4WD option for $795 includes the 4.27 gearing and rear locker as I have it on my OBX. I highly recommend it as a measure of performance flexibility should you decide to go with larger tires

BuckinOnEm

Big Bend
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 21' , Ford F250 22'
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got my Big Bend in a 4.27 gear ratio. I wanted that since I wasnā€™t getting the SAS option from factory. This will help when I get bigger tires in the future.
Sponsored