Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the 4.27. Seemed like a good option for future upgrades.

Ford Bronco Who has the 4.27 rear locker? 20220209_091803
Sponsored

StixHunt

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Correction to your pricing. The Advanced 4WD option for $795 includes the 4.27 gearing and rear locker as I have it on my OBX. I highly recommend it as a measure of performance flexibility should you decide to go with larger tires
That’s incorrect to my knowledge. You can do the 4.27 + locker with out the Advanced 4x4. They are two separate items and are $795 each. Unless this is something that has changed recently. If you pull it up in the build tool you can add either alone or both together. The price will update accordingly. I think this confuses people because when you add the Advanced 4x4 it doesn’t show as an option, it just adjusts the base MSRP.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have yet to see one unit at any dealer optioned with the 4.27 rear locker (big bend and OBX.) Why is this?
It might be that many wanting the rear locker are getting the BD since it's standard and has MGV (BL lite lol) I know I priced out the BB and OBX similarly equipped and the price points were similar enough that BD won out due to MGV (OBX was a close second because of the High/Lux packages availability, but I didn't want to spend that much)

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the 4.27 locker on my BB. I really think it's ideal. It would easily handle bigger tires. I do not have Adv 4x4 as it was not available on a BB w/o Sas, it is available on the OBX however. The 10 spd auto, and 7 spd manual for that matter, are awesome with a very low first gear and very high overdrives making axle selection less important. The only limitation might be 35++ tire and 3.73's.

OP
OP
Tripodbruno

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It might be that many wanting the rear locker are getting the BD since it's standard and has MGV (BL lite lol) I know I priced out the BB and OBX similarly equipped and the price points were similar enough that BD won out due to MGV (OBX was a close second because of the High/Lux packages availability, but I didn't want to spend that much)
Yeah I get it (waaaay more knowledgable about trims/options than I should be.) to me my choices are really badlands (my order) or BD. However, there are infinitely more dealer units out there in base and big bend trims. I'm just amazed that for the few dollars extra on the big bend units dealer/and customer order units for the most part don't have the locker. You don't have to select the advanced 4x4 to get the locker on big bend.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I get it (waaaay more knowledgable about trims/options than I should be.) to me my choices are really badlands (my order) or BD. However, there are infinitely more dealer units out there in base and big bend trims. I'm just amazed that for the few dollars extra on the big bend units dealer/and customer order units for the most part don't have the locker. You don't have to select the advanced 4x4 to get the locker on big bend.
Interesting I've never seen a Base as dealer stock.

Last edited:

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 4dr Big Bend 2.3L/AT non-sas with the 4.27/rear locker. Standard package too. Pretty sure any trim above base has that option. Running 285/70-17 on the stock wheels. So far it's handled everything I've thrown at it, not missing SAS other than those occasional times when the auto 4x4 would be nice.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s incorrect to my knowledge. You can do the 4.27 + locker with out the Advanced 4x4. They are two separate items and are $795 each. Unless this is something that has changed recently. If you pull it up in the build tool you can add either alone or both together. The price will update accordingly. I think this confuses people because when you add the Advanced 4x4 it doesn’t show as an option, it just adjusts the base MSRP.
Again, you are incorrect. I was a first day order for the Bronco OBX and was delivered on December 11. I only paid $795 for both Advanced 4WD and the 4.27 locking diff axle. To validate today’s pricing, go to the Build and Price feature on Ford.com. While the Advanced 4WD option shows separately from the 4.27 rear locking axle at $795, once you choose the Advance 4WD option, the 4.27 axle now shows as included. It’s $795 for both not separate

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got a OBX with a 4.27 rear locker without the Advanced 4x4.
So you are saying that your Transfer Case Dial does not have the 4A option at the bottom of the dial?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So you are saying that your Transfer Case Dial does not have the 4A option at the bottom of the dial?
I have a OBX with the 4.27/rear locker option and no 4A also. It's real.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Way back when the constraints conversation first began, it was common knowledge that if you wanted a Bronco, you ordered a stock 4-door Big Bend with nothing fancy added. My guess is that dealers ordered a lot of these (via friends, family, and salespeople putting in orders) with the idea of abandoning them so the dealer could mark them up and sell them, just to get something on their lots. This was before the whole 80, I mean, 60 percent name match thing...

I think that's why we're seeing all those 4-door, soft top, no lockers, no advanced 4x4, no tow Broncos on lots. Most serious buyers did their homework and ordered exactly what they wanted, expecting to wait a little longer.

Devreal

Outer Banks
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Again, you are incorrect. I was a first day order for the Bronco OBX and was delivered on December 11. I only paid $795 for both Advanced 4WD and the 4.27 locking diff axle. To validate today’s pricing, go to the Build and Price feature on Ford.com. While the Advanced 4WD option shows separately from the 4.27 rear locking axle at $795, once you choose the Advance 4WD option, the 4.27 axle now shows as included. It’s $795 for both not separate
The Advanced 4WD costs $1,590 and does include the 4.27 rear locking axle. By itself, the 4.27 rear locker is $795.

StixHunt

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I’m not going to argue this point with you, but you are spreading incorrect information. Doesn’t really matter to me but it may miss inform someone in the future.

Edit: Maybe these screen shots will help. Your confusion likely lies in the fact that when you select Advanced 4x4 the price increase is moved into the Base MSRP and not called out as an option. You paid $1,590 for the Advanced + 4.27 Locker it just wasn’t called out separate.

Pics show Base OBX, OBX with 4.27 only, OBX with 4.27 + Advanced 4x4.

30621105-399D-4168-AD9D-C79F635AEF43.jpeg

DBF7A391-22AD-4E0C-A293-139C7902D0BA.jpeg

B07910F2-94AC-4C11-A6D4-AAAF6C2C7A4F.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: