Sponsored

Who has the leverage in all this: Buyer or Dealer?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
X-plan does not protect pricing for dealer add-ons. That is one thing that I am worried about when it comes to this purchase.
Not always the case. I bought an 07 MKX and got the DVD system and a lowering kit they offered that year and got X plan pricing on them.
Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not always the case. I bought an 07 MKX and got the DVD system and a lowering kit they offered that year and got X plan pricing on them.
True. The key is to find an honest dealer. Difficult, but not impossible. Perhaps buyers who share a lot of cautionary tales in forums gain a little power back. We have been at this internet thing now for decades, but even in this whole Bronco reservations experience, I have been surprised how many dealers seem ignorant of buyers sharing info online. Or maybe they don't perceive any real threat, no strength in our numbers.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The buyer.

We hold the reservation with the ability to direct it to a specific dealer.
Exactly right. The buyer always has the power. You can always say no. Wait another year and they will be available on the lot.
The only time that power changes is when you convince yourself that the Bronco is a need and not a want.

Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Exactly right. The buyer always has the power. You can always say no. Wait another year and they will be available on the lot.
The only time that power changes is when you convince yourself that the Bronco is a need and not a want.
Also, group demand has dealers offering great pricing. If you don’t like what your dealer offers you can go to Granger or Stephens Auto for the best deal.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you have to ask who has the leverage in a relationship; the answer is, not you.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What I was getting at was you know the price of the vehicle and there is a formula that determines the price you pay. No negotiations. Dealer add-ons are negotiated and some dealers auto include things like undercoating, nitrogen filled tires, tint, window etching, whatever else they think they can get away with. I’m just afraid of having a selected dealer then have them spring these add-ons at time of ordering despite any agreements made prior to Oct 31.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I was getting at was you know the price of the vehicle and there is a formula that determines the price you pay. No negotiations. Dealer add-ons are negotiated and some dealers auto include things like undercoating, nitrogen filled tires, tint, window etching, whatever else they think they can get away with. I’m just afraid of having a selected dealer then have them spring these add-ons at time of ordering despite any agreements made prior to Oct 31.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doesn't matter if it's a high demand bronco or a leftover 2017 Cadillac

The dealer has the leverage, they do this transaction multiple times per day and you do the transaction once every few years.

Their leverage is the experience they have, with hundreds of people just like you and I

Sponsored

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealer for sure, I'm tempted to sit this initial release out and see if prices come down once they hit the dealers. Don't stone me.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealer for sure, I'm tempted to sit this initial release out and see if prices come down once they hit the dealers. Don't stone me.
They are only going to go up.

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's what I figured. And odds are it wouldn't be color I wanted or options.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Normally I have to upper hand because I always walk out of at least 2 dealers before buying. But in this case, they WANT you to walk out so they can do what they want with your Bronco (talking about delivered)

All I can do is hope the B&P comes in far enough in advance of the dealer switch cutoff so I can get the best deal in writing and change my reservation.

Man I wish there was a Granger in Cali

dudleyln

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Chevy Traverse / 98 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In thinking about negotiations with dealerships I am curious to know in a situation like we have here with a popular new release with a lot of interest...who has the upper hand dealer or buyer? Dealer that has the product that is in demand but they know there have a buyer class that can use the 'net to shop around and pit dealer against dealer, or a buyer who can use internet research and forums like this to shop around but the dealer knows there is a strong desire by the desire to get the product right now? Just thinking out loud...
It’s just sucks that the deadline to change dealership is 31 Oct.
Sponsored