Sponsored

Who has the worst car being replaced by a Bronco?

scubasteve

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with over 200K miles. Was bought as a beater 4 years ago for about $2K. Still runs and in great body shape, but engine sucks down oil and anti-freeze so its likely a ticking time bomb for the head gasket. Still used as a daily however and tows the boat!
Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone with a land rover or audi of any year or flavor is declared winner
I assumed a comment like this was coming. Where do I collect my prize? 1994 Land Rover Discovery with north of 325k on the clock.

rotorwrench

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

'06 Jetta TDI. Going to pull the engine as it only has 265,000 on it and isn't even broken in. Haven't decided if I'm going to drop it into a Samuri or find an old Ranger for a project. The rest of the car will be parted out.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
'06 Jetta TDI. Going to pull the engine as it only has 265,000 on it and isn't even broken in. Haven't decided if I'm going to drop it into a Samuri or find an old Ranger for a project. The rest of the car will be parted out.
A TDI samurai would be a badass little rig.
I assumed a comment like this was coming. Where do I collect my prize? 1994 Land Rover Discovery with north of 325k on the clock.
I actually just watched a Car Wizard video about the disco, he said they are actually pretty decent as long as they’re maintained. Other than the head gaskets of course, he said that’s something you’re guaranteed to need but other than that they can go a lot of miles.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2019 Hyundai Veloster N with 50k miles :)

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually just watched a Car Wizard video about the disco, he said they are actually pretty decent as long as they’re maintained. Other than the head gaskets of course, he said that’s something you’re guaranteed to need but other than that they can go a lot of miles.
...and don't concern yourself with whether or not any/all electrical systems work.

I had a 99 Disco

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
...and don't concern yourself with whether or not any/all electrical systems work.

I had a 99 Disco
Yeah he mentioned that your power seats and similar things will never work right lol.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone with a land rover or audi of any year or flavor is declared winner
I have to say that we have owned many (3) late model Audis and they have been amazingly reliable. Zero service visits for repairs.

Land Rover...hell NO! :)

Reactions: JDS

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ya thats not a bad or not fun car at all. :)
Its the most fun hot hatch Ive ever driven all the way back to the 2002 SVT Focus. Im honestly just tired of daily driving a manual and on tiny low profile tires.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its the most fun hot hatch Ive ever driven all the way back to the 2002 SVT Focus. Im honestly just tired of daily driving a manual and on tiny low profile tires.
Understandable.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tried timing my lease with what we thought would be delivery times a couple years ago. Been carless since October and it blows. So in the meantime I'll share my Wife's Prius, which is a fine car just not me at all. You should have seen the looks I got driving it through the dirt at KOH. I wanted to die. And honestly, it seemed like people wanted to kill me. :ROFLMAO:

dbweb

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My only mode of transportation is a Land Rover LR3 with 240,000 miles - Electronic for sifting High/low does not work, terrain select broken, infotainment center/Radio not working, Heat,AC not working, Front Driver and Rear Passenger windows do not go down, struts for rear hatch blown. I think the thermostat just got stuck. Running bards are being pulled off in the morning(the drive side is about 4 inches from the ground an flopping in the wind) I did replace the blown suspension airbags with coil overs, the starter, alternator, water pump and radiator. Carvana offered me $200 for it. At the moment it is a contest to see witch one of us will kill the other one first. Just not sure it will outlast my wait for a Bronco to be delivered but there is a backup plan it not.

On the bright side It will still get me through a farm field without a problem and went through a 8 point buck with slowing and very little damage.
Sponsored