Sponsored

Who hates their 10spd besides me?

• Thread starter Deleted member 32220
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8

Deleted member 32220

Seems to always be on its way to tenth or fifth and can’t decide on anywhere in between the revs just hang when you let off from partial acceleration. Damn mid pkg. got me. Maybe a badlands mid 7spd.🤔

edit:
8 spd zf based trans is always in the right gear.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 32220

Not yet, to be fair maybe it’s the adaptive learning. Not enough miles on it yet. I definitely don’t like it though.

BDSQACH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger... Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Base
I always have to put my a Ranger in sport mode otherwise I’m like “ why does this thing not want to go…and I’m literally going the speed limit…everyone is passing me “

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it's the 2.3l. We've got 6500 miles on our 2.7l auto, and I've driven another 2.7l auto several times and have never experienced what you're describing on either one of them. We're always in normal or ecomode.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I use Sport Mode often, especially in traffic as the rapid response is necessary. Eco only delays shift points and at highway speeds you are still in 10th.

Other than the awkward location of the up-down shift buttons and that it won't go into first until it's damned well almost stopped I love my 10 speed

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it's the 2.3l. We've got 6500 miles on our 2.7l auto, and I've driven another 2.7l auto several times and have never experienced what you're describing on either one of them. We're always in normal or ecomode.
I have 2.3 and mine is just fine had the 10 speed behind a 2.7 in my f150 no problem. Like it has been said it is a learning transmission it takes a little time.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford's shift logic is just terrible across the board. It's not Bronco specific.

In "normal" mode my wife's F-150 will try to race all the way up to 10th gear on city streets. I basically consider it undrivable in anything but sport mode.

It also gets better MPG in Sport Mode by holding gears longer.

I don't need a warm ass in Phoenix, and hate dual or auto A/C. so the standard package was fine for me and I ordered the 7MT.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How many miles? Mine did slightly weird stuff but after having 1000+ miles on it, it’s fine now.