Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 10spd isn't bad at all and works well in the Bronco. In my experience, I don't think it's as good as the ZF8. My last BMW (yeah I know apples to oranges) had that transmission and it is top notch.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn’t care for it in my 2019 F150, seemed confused on what gear to be in, starting to act the same in the Bronco. Ranger seemed ok. Personally, I think mine is bad, I’ve had it in once already for transmission issues. F150, 2.7, Ranger, 2.3, Bronco, 2.3.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 32220

The 10spd isn't bad at all and works well in the Bronco. In my experience, I don't think it's as good as the ZF8. My last BMW (yeah I know apples to oranges) had that transmission and it is top notch.
The ZF8 is the transmission all others will be judged by. Some have even went as far to say it drives like a bad dual clutch, which is a compliment! more than a torque converted automatic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my 10 speed but I have 2.7

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't think you have anything to worry about.

I actually have the 8 spd ZF in a JLU. I swapped skinny 32s for AT 33s plus 300 lbs of steel goodies, and the transmission acted like a toddler at an Easter egg hunt. (I tazered it for 33s). All was well after a few hundred miles.

Last edited:

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford's shift logic is just terrible across the board. It's not Bronco specific.

In "normal" mode my wife's F-150 will try to race all the way up to 10th gear on city streets. I basically consider it undrivable in anything but sport mode.
What package does your F150 have? Does yours have the top-gear lockout function?

I have the 3.5 EB with 10-speed, and I can select any gear while in Auto mode, and the trans will not upshift past that gear. It’s awesome. No more cruising around town at 45mph in 10th gear. I can select 5th, for example, and it shifts normally up to 5th and then stays there. When I lift, it has enough engine braking to slow down efficiently, and if I accelerate it will go now, without having to downshift 4 or 5 gears first. I wish the Bronco had this feature…

And of course in the F150, just like in the Bronco, you can always put it in Manual mode and pick whatever gear you want to be in. And I always use Sport mode in both vehicles, because everything is quicker and crisper.

In any case, there are so many ways to manipulate these transmissions, I don’t understand how you would feel like you are at its mercy…
Sponsored