Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After 10K miles, I find the transmission to be just fine. I don’t notice gear hunting whatsoever. I have the 2.7.
Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love the 10 speed on 2.7. Wished I had it on SD and I hadn’t of over thought things when I purposely stayed with 6 speed on 2019.

Ford has 10 speed Tran figured out imo.

Ashallyb96

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Nissan Altima, 2005 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I use the manual mode a lot because I feel like the 10 spd up shifts to often. Feels weird trying to accelerate after coasting for a minute. 2.3 10spd.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure when you ordered it, but most people waited a year plus. There were PLENTY of test drive opportunities if you bothered to look.
Year plus and still waiting actually. ;-)

And not a single one of my local dealers had a Bronco with my chosen transmission. When and if it ever gets built, I'll deal with it.

Of coruse, I ordered the 7MT. I wouldn't even have bothered if the only choice was the 10-speed auto.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Several. Unless you signed the paperwork as it came off the truck. If you are really suggesting that you couldnt drive one before buying then Ive got a bridge to sell you.
And the transmission is a learning transmission. What exactly is a 5 mile test drive going to tell you? It’s been mentioned numerous times in this thread that it’ll change characteristics as you put miles on it. So given that, is a short test drive going to give enough data on a brand new learning transmission????

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems to always be on its way to tenth or fifth and can’t decide on anywhere in between the revs just hang when you let off from partial acceleration. Damn mid pkg. got me. Maybe a badlands mid 7spd.🤔

edit:
8 spd zf based trans is always in the right gear.
In sport mode, it's probably the best automatic transmission (non dct) that I have had the pleasure of owning.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, surprised to see so many complaints about its operation. I have the 2.7 and Sas, shifts fine, smooth, no issues at all. My average MPG keeps going up too the more I drive it, 21.6 now.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32220

In sport mode, it's probably the best automatic transmission (non dct) that I have had the pleasure of owning.
I haven’t even tried sport mode, I’ll have to give it a go

DennerJohn

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Mustang, C7, MBe300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven’t even tried sport mode, I’ll have to give it a go
Major improvement in sport mode. Much better gear selection management. On roads, it even downshifts automatically to hold speed when descending down long hill. No brakes needed.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

10 speed is fine, I do like my for 6 speed in my f150 more. I was all about the manual transmission till I drove 3-4 of them and was not blown away. Cable shift killed the feel, it was like flipping a light switch. My wife even asked if it was an automatic because it was so smooth. Just about anyone can drive the manual in the Bronco, it's so numbed down.

I would have still preferred a manual but my wife wanted an automatic. I would have stood my ground if it was worth it. She drives the bronco here and there so it has worked out. She also prefers here 6 speed automatic over the 10 speed. F150 sport mode is much more aggressive.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you think there was a chance to test drive a bronco before we bought one?
The Off Roadeo…. Drive a Bronco Event…
Yep, a couple.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Major improvement in sport mode. Much better gear selection management. On roads, it even downshifts automatically to hold speed when descending down long hill. No brakes needed.
Does Normal mode downshift automatically too? I just came back from a trip to the mountains, and I thought it did that a couple of times for me??

DennerJohn

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Mustang, C7, MBe300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does Normal mode downshift automatically too? I just came back from a trip to the mountains, and I thought it did that a couple of times for me??
If on cruise control, normal mode will just use brakes to maintain speed when descending hill. Sport mode will start with gears / downshifting and only use brakes if gears aren't enough to hold the speed setting.
Sponsored