Sponsored

Who here paid ADM (Adjusted Dealer Markup) for their Bronco?

Did you pay ADM (Adjusted Dealer Markup)

• Total voters

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. They are still out the $5k.

Paying mark up is stupid on a mass produced car no matter the circumstances. Even if you can afford to pay $100k on top of MSRP and pay $5k markup doesn’t make it any less stupid. Just less of a profit for the dealer.
It's called market pricing my man. You enjoyed market pricing when you are selling, just not when you are buying. That is not an intellectually reasonable position to hold.
Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's called market pricing my man. You enjoyed market pricing when you are selling, just not when you are buying. That is not an intellectually reasonable position to hold.
I get how it works. And I hope the dealers get every penny they can. But that doesn’t make paying a markup on a mass produced car any less stupid.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get how it works. And I hope the dealers get every penny they can. But that doesn’t make paying a markup on a mass produced car any less stupid.
What car isn't mass produced? lol

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder how many are "ordered" vs "purchased and delivered".
Can you go a single day without going out of your way to talk about Granger? You need to get a hobby, it’s embarrassing at this point.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You keep saying “mass produced” like that further strengthen your OPINION. Basically 99.9% of all cars are mass produced and vehicles that are hard to get even if they are mass produced typically cost at or over sticker. Enjoy your opinion, enjoy your bronco if you have one but I think it is time for you to move along. Parroting the same disrespectful phrase over and over again isn’t going to make it magically right.

Last edited:

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I discussed this in my intro thread, but I ordered recently and was told no ADM and given an out the door price in writing, though not signed. I'm not going to ask my dealer to sign the sheet because, if it comes in and they try to raise the price, I'll walk and never consider another Ford. If I need to force my dealer to be honest, then I don't want to make a $70K purchase from them, and I'll just keep my Jeep.

This is the 2002 T-Bird all over again. Dealers were charging $10K over sticker all of the place, especially for the light blue, and a year later they couldn't give them away. If the supply chain issues get figured out, we'll see Broncos on the lots all over the place in a year or 2 with deals to be had.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You keep saying “mass produced” like that further strengthen your OPINION. Basically 99.9% of all cars are mass produced and vehicles that are hard to get even if they are mass produced typically cost at or over sticker. Enjoy your opinion, enjoy your bronco if you have one but I think it is time for you to move along. Parroting the same disrespectful phrase over and over again isn’t going to make it magically right.
What’s disrespectful? Paying a mark up on a mass produced car is stupid. If that bothers you then move on.

I can see some appeal in paying a mark up on a limited run or edition car if it is truly going to be only a finite number made. That may be the only way to be able to get it. Heck even paying a mark up on a car to flip it I can see. But paying a mark up on a mass produced car because it is currently hard to find or highly sought after is stupid. Plain and simple.

I do have my Bronco. The dealer tried like hell to add a mark up. In the end I paid MSRP which the highest I’ve ever paid for a new car.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What’s disrespectful? Paying a mark up on a mass produced car is stupid. If that bothers you then move on.

I can see some appeal in paying a mark up on a limited run or edition car if it is truly going to be only a finite number made. That may be the only way to be able to get it. Heck even paying a mark up on a car to flip it I can see. But paying a mark up on a mass produced car because it is currently hard to find or highly sought after is stupid. Plain and simple.

I do have my Bronco. The dealer tried like hell to add a mark up. In the end I paid MSRP which the highest I’ve ever paid for a new car.
So implying over and over again that anyone who paid over sticker for their truck is stupid isn’t being disrespectful? Based on your logic I can’t believe you paid sticker for a mass produced car that is highly sought after and hard to find, since it’s the most you have ever paid. So like everyone that paid adm you paid msrp, which is just a suggestion because you wanted a particular highly sought after vehicle in short supply??? Based on your train of thought and past buying history you paid adm as well. Congrats.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So implying over and over again that anyone who paid over sticker for their truck is stupid isn’t being disrespectful? Based on your logic I can’t believe you paid sticker for a mass produced car that is highly sought after and hard to find, since it’s the most you have ever paid. So like everyone that paid adm you paid msrp, which is just a suggestion because you wanted a particular highly sought after vehicle in short supply??? Based on your train of thought and past buying history you paid adm as well. Congrats.
I will continue to maintain that it is stupid to pay mark up a mass produced car because it is. I agree it was stupid to pay MSRP for mine. But that isn’t a mark up. You can spot a mark up because it has some mildly creative name added on top of the MSRP. A little bit of knowledge for ya to tuck in your back pocket until you need it.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I could sit here and say you are “stupid” for paying MSRP, because I paid $4k below…but that would be disrespectful…see the point homeboy?

You are making yourself sound very “stupid” by keep repeating the “mass produced” line. Who cares how it is produced?…demand far outpaces supply, so prices go up. It’s “stupid” to not realize basic supply and demand and to keep harping on it and calling others “stupid”…You have no fundamental understanding of economics, so be careful with the insults to the intelligence of others.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you go a single day without going out of your way to talk about Granger? You need to get a hobby, it’s embarrassing at this point.
when did I mention Granger. LOL. I challenge you to find any post I made disparaging Granger.

I was wondering, from the respondents, how many have actually purchased their vehicle vs how many have just ordered. Especially since the title of the poll reads , "how many people paid..." not "how many people will pay...".

So, I suggest you stop projecting, and pay a little less attention to what you think I am saying, and what I am actually saying.

Last edited:

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I could sit here and say you are “stupid” for paying MSRP, because I paid $4k below…but that would be disrespectful…see the point homeboy?

You are making yourself sound very “stupid” by keep repeating the “mass produced” line. Who cares how it is produced?…demand far outpaces supply, so prices go up. It’s “stupid” to not realize basic supply and demand and to keep harping on it and calling others “stupid”…You have no fundamental understanding of economics, so be careful with the insults to the intelligence of others.
I agree it was stupid to pay MSRP. But you are not understanding the topic if you believe it is just a supply and demand issue. It’s stupid pay a mark up on a mass produced car.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm pretty sure everybody understands both the topic, and how stupid it is to keep repeating your opinion as if that somehow makes it more valid. When you go to a foreign country, do you yell louder and louder until they magically understand English?
No. But when I go to another country they generally have a basic understanding of reality. Paying a mark up is stupid.

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Chiming in here and let’s not start the hate thread that’s not the reason I started it. And so far really good polling numbers being not many paid ADM. And for those who paid ADM this actually helps the values of the Broncos for the moment. And not arguing about each person’s circumstance but sharing what’s actually going on to help others is the GOAL.
Sponsored