Sponsored

Who here paid ADM (Adjusted Dealer Markup) for their Bronco?

Did you pay ADM (Adjusted Dealer Markup)

• Total voters

Oh yea Bronco!

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10/21/214dr BB, 2.7, A51. & ‘90 Wrangler V6 MT 4.2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
funny I was thinking something, everyone says that paid MSRP and then there are the people who say dump asses pay MSRP and they never have and they got/getting there Bronco 10k under MSRP.
?

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Paying a mark up on a mass produced car is just plain stupid.
Why?

I sold my used car for $7k more during this crazy market. Why would it be stupid to put that extra money towards ADM on a Bronco? If market rate is being paid, why does the MSRP matter?

Obviously I wouldn't want to, and I paid MSRP myself, but why would it be "stupid"?

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine was not a pre-order and I got it for MSRP.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why?

I sold my used car for $7k more during this crazy market. Why would it be stupid to put that extra money towards ADM on a Bronco? If market rate is being paid, why does the MSRP matter?

Obviously I wouldn't want to, and I paid MSRP myself, but why would it be "stupid"?

I sold my 220k miles JK for way more than it’s black/blue KBB worth and I would do it again. I would never pay over MSRP on a mass produced car. That’s stupid. Because it is a mass produced car. It will be available at or below MSRP. Paying above it is stupid.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sold my 220k miles JK for way more than it’s black/blue KBB worth and I would do it again. I would never pay over MSRP on a mass produced car. That’s stupid. Because it is a mass produced car. It will be available at or below MSRP. Paying above it is stupid.
repeating your opinion doesn't answer the question nor does it justify the validity of it.

If a buyer sell his car for $7k extra due to the used car market, but pay $5k in ADM, are they still $2k up?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine through D-Plan.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
repeating your opinion doesn't answer the question nor does it justify the validity of it.

If a buyer sell his car for $7k extra due to the used car market, but pay $5k in ADM, are they still $2k up?

No. They are still out the $5k.

Paying mark up is stupid on a mass produced car no matter the circumstances. Even if you can afford to pay $100k on top of MSRP and pay $5k markup doesn’t make it any less stupid. Just less of a profit for the dealer.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Z plan a few thousand below invoice

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's nothing sacred or special about the MSRP, that's just a recommended price from Ford. If the Bronco is worth more than that to you, go nuts.

Normally the market-clearing price is below MSRP for vehicles, but we're talking about a highly anticipated truck during a supply crunch and the highest inflation in decades. The average sale price is going to be above MSRP, and probably for a while.

If there had been no reservation system, dealers would be cleaning up even more on the Bronco. Ford is probably regretting it.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There's nothing sacred or special about the MSRP, that's just a recommended price from Ford. If the Bronco is worth more than that to you, go nuts.

Normally the market-clearing price is below MSRP for vehicles, but we're talking about a highly anticipated truck during a supply crunch and the highest inflation in decades. The average sale price is going to be above MSRP, and probably for a while.

If there had been no reservation system, dealers would be cleaning up even more on the Bronco. Ford is probably regretting it.
Ford doesn’t care what the dealership sells it for. They get nothing of the mark ups.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford doesn’t care what the dealership sells it for. They get nothing of the mark ups.
Ford has other business reasons they want their franchisee network to prosper. The relationship goes a lot deeper than the checks the dealer sends for the invoice price of the vehicles.

Ford's reservation system is keeping dealers from rationing Broncos by price. It can't be that popular with most dealers, and looking around here, the way it played out caused a bit of acrimony among the customers too (even though the long view is that is has saved a lot of us money). Not to mention it's been a headache for Ford itself to (mis-)manage.
Sponsored