Sponsored

Who is balancing the MPG of the Bronco with another good MPG vehicle?

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We picked up a 2021 Ecoboost Mustang as a hold over vehicle. it gets 28 mpg on long highway trips with the cruse set at 80 and is just so nice for that type of long trip.

We're thinking of keeping it for the MPG, fun, and convenience. Keeping it just for the MPG does not make economic sense.

Payments or opportunity costs (What else can you do with the cash from selling an extra vehicle?) aside it does not make economic sense to have an extra vehicle for gas mileage purposes only unless you drive a whole lot. The difference in gas costs just does not outweigh the cost of registration, insurance, maintenance, etc. on the second car.
28 isn't so great. My 2020 Super Duty gets 20-21 mpg running 80-85 on long trips from TX to CO

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am retired, hence the lack of a daily commute offsets fuel mileage concerns ( actually I couldnā€™t care less about the mileage). The long black station wagon that provides you your FINAL ride only gets 15 mpg, so live it up while you can.

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My bronco will be my efficient vehicle, my Ranger, Raptor and Explorer all get about 12MPG so looking forward to 17!!! at least my wifes edge is a bit more efficient at 26 MPG

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The bronco will be the worse out of my parking lot, but it wont be used used as a DD only long vacation trips. my best car is a 2015 Focus gets 40 mpg loaded going 80, its very broke in and I dont plan on getting rid of it the way gas keeps going up. The other good one is a new scuby but its been around 31 soo far.

Sponsored

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Balancing out with our 2017 Toyota Camry I4. Replacing our 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport with the MT Sas BL Bronco. My plan was to keep the Jeep and the Bronco and let the Camry go. Hubby is too fiscally responsible for that nonsense. We have always referred to the Jeep as "Our Toy." The Bronco will be "Our (new) Toy" when it arrives.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current dailies a Ram Rebel with Mud tires, gets 13ish mpg depending on how I drive

think my Broncoā€™s an upgrayedd

2A_Actuary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is my good MPG vehicle. šŸ˜‚

It all comes down to the smiles per gallon.

Reactions: JDS

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco won't be a daily driver so not worried about the mpg.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
100% once the unicorn that ticks all the boxes and also has great mileage/efficiency, I will be right there. Any day now......l

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

While at my local Ford dealer getting my free oil change and tire rotation. The Maverick was taken out for a test drive 3 or 4 times. There was 2 door Big Bend parked next to it. It didnā€™t move. Maybe they are not offering test drives?

The Bronco is replacing my 95 Lightning as a toy. Balances out fine! Hope it doesnā€™t get back up to $5 again here but itā€™s starting to look that way again. But since I wonā€™t get mine until ā€˜25 or so, things could change againšŸ¤”

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well my previous daily driver took supreme unleaded only so thereā€™s my cost saving

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought about keeping my econobox Kia Sportage (donā€™t laugh, it was my wifeā€™s, my GTI had to go once we found out weā€™ll be needing to put a car seat in it šŸ˜‚) since it gets mid/upper 20s but the price of insurance, reg, excise tax, etc just didnā€™t make sense to me. I live in a fairly dense area and donā€™t drive a ton of miles so owning a second vehicle wonā€™t net me enough of a return to make driving the bronco less worth it.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Buying another vehicle just to ā€œbalance ā€œ the MPG sounds expensiveā€¦.oh what the heck. Keeping the old V8 aluminum F-150 and have a Mach-E thatā€™s proven adequate for road trips.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll just use the wife's 5.0L Mustang GT. It gets better mpg's than my Ranger sometimes. Of course that is when she's driving it. :)
Sponsored