Sponsored

Who is getting a bone base plane jane Bronco?

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rick, I've always heartily agreed with and enjoyed your comments. But you just compared the bronc to a Corolla ?

Out the door price you may be right, but over time that bronco will get increasingly more expensive due to gas mileage
I'd think the depreciation factor would make the increasing Bronco costs negligible. Time will tell, but I'd assume a Bronco with 100K miles will hold more of its base value than a Corolla with 100K. This is obviously a bit of an apples to oranges comparison still, but based on how current Jeeps and F-series depreciate I'd expect a Bronco to be similar in the secondary markets. So up-front and operating costs are more, but it retains the value.

My current ride is a Fusion with 60K on it and I'm only not trading it in because I won't get squat for it. A 10 year old F-150 with 150K miles on it has more market value than my car and the MSRPs aren't that different. That's also why I bought the car used, but plan to buy my Bronco new.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgor...-hold-onto-their-values-best/?sh=805c4c55f4ab
Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I actually ordered base sasquatch. The only issue that I have with base, base is you can't get locking differential without going sasquatch. Otherwise I would be fine with the wheels with taller tires.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd think the depreciation factor would make the increasing Bronco costs negligible. Time will tell, but I'd assume a Bronco with 100K miles will hold more of its base value than a Corolla with 100K. This is obviously a bit of an apples to oranges comparison still, but based on how current Jeeps and F-series depreciate I'd expect a Bronco to be similar in the secondary markets. So up-front and operating costs are more, but it retains the value.

My current ride is a Fusion with 60K on it and I'm only not trading it in because I won't get squat for it. A 10 year old F-150 with 150K miles on it has more market value than my car and the MSRPs aren't that different. That's also why I bought the car used, but plan to buy my Bronco new.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgor...-hold-onto-their-values-best/?sh=805c4c55f4ab
True, I would expect bronco to hold value but it's too new to know for certain. Also, don't discount how well Toyotas hold value!
Sponsored